You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
charcoal44

Gunnery and Experience Q

7 comments in this topic

Alpha Tester
131 posts
1,453 battles

Last night there was an opposing ship stalled at the very edge of the map, going nowhere.

I zeroed in on him with the cross hair squarely on him and the shells went wide and to the right, a second salvo went the same way.

Has there been a change to the game mechanics that could have caused this? 

And, how does the experience earned on ships work when when researching the tech tree?

Does it accumulate across nations? That is, your 4 IJN ships combined exp get you advanced along the IJN tech line?

[SIF]
Senior Moderator
2,563 posts

no change Charcoal, this is what happens when you shoot a someone on the blue line - a problem I might add that is getting fixed

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

For the second question, there's two kinds of experience: ship exp and free exp. Ship exp is used to research modules on the ship itself, and the next ship in line. For example, any ship exp earned on the tier 3 IJN Kawachi-class battleship can be used to research modules for the Kawachi, as well as unlocking the next ships down the line, Myogi and Houshou. However, ship exp is non-transferrable: you can't directly use ship exp earned on a Kawachi to research a destroyer or a cruiser, for example. The second type of exp is free exp. You earn this at a much slower rate than ship exp, but free exp can be spent on any ship across nations. When a ship has researched all its modules and possible upgrades, it becomes an elite ship. Any further exp earned on that ship can be converted into free exp through the use of premium currency.

Senior Moderator
4,798 posts
1,924 battles

For the second question, there's two kinds of experience: ship exp and free exp. Ship exp is used to research modules on the ship itself, and the next ship in line. For example, any ship exp earned on the tier 3 IJN Kawachi-class battleship can be used to research modules for the Kawachi, as well as unlocking the next ships down the line, Myogi and Houshou. However, ship exp is non-transferrable: you can't directly use ship exp earned on a Kawachi to research a destroyer or a cruiser, for example. The second type of exp is free exp. You earn this at a much slower rate than ship exp, but free exp can be spent on any ship across nations. When a ship has researched all its modules and possible upgrades, it becomes an elite ship. Any further exp earned on that ship can be converted into free exp through the use of premium currency.

slight correction to this - once a ship is elite (i.e. all research completed) you can use tokens to transfer the xp to free xp

Alpha Tester
131 posts
1,453 battles

slight correction to this - once a ship is elite (i.e. all research completed) you can use tokens to transfer the xp to free xp

Might have to get me some

Beta Tester
39 posts
169 battles

It's not just when a ship is "Elite", I've had ships that aren't elites letting me convert whatever xp I had left on them into free xp.

Also free xp is generated at 5% of your total xp per random battle.

Beta Tester
317 posts
953 battles

And premium ships is always works like elited ships, same principles as in WoT.