Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Iwaguchi

Dockyard Confusion

5 comments in this topic

[ACES]
5 posts

Okay i just return to this game and notice this dockyard feature.. However the explanation and the way of obtaining the IX Marlborough is way CONFUSING. In game dockyard menu, it mention that we can obtain the IX ship by completing any 5 phases with spending doubloons. So what does they mean? By purchasing a 11x building phases (9900 doubloons) can guarantee that i can get the IX ship or do i still need to join the event and complete (32-11) 21 phases in order to get it?

The website https://worldofwarships.asia/en/news/general-news/the-clydebank-dockyard/#rules  mention that:

In order to complete phases 28–32, in addition to progressing through all the combat mission groups, you'll need to spend Doubloons to finish any five shipbuilding phases. This will reward you with:

• 10,000 Coal for completing phase 28
  • 1x Santa's Mega Gift container for completing phase 29
  • 4,000 Research Points for completing phase 30
  • 2,000 Steel for completing phase 31
  • flag_United_Kingdom_c1f75d7cca85dc4b4820premium_1d0cabf1997104fd727039ab9c098192IX Marlborough in the War Paint camouflage, a Commander with 10 skill points, a Port slot, and a commemorative flag for completing phase 32

I wish devs can simplify the terms easier for players instead of playing words that can confuse some players.

[-CAT-]
6,356 posts
22,636 battles
44 minutes ago, Iwaguchi said:

Okay i just return to this game and notice this dockyard feature.. However the explanation and the way of obtaining the IX Marlborough is way CONFUSING. In game dockyard menu, it mention that we can obtain the IX ship by completing any 5 phases with spending doubloons. So what does they mean? By purchasing a 11x building phases (9900 doubloons) can guarantee that i can get the IX ship or do i still need to join the event and complete (32-11) 21 phases in order to get it?

You still need to play the event to get the ship.

9,900 doubloons will only give you 11 phase.

You still need to play for the remaining 21 phases.

If you wish to get the ship without joining the event, you must pay 31,500 doubloons. 1,500 doubloons per phase.

1,500 doubloons × 21 phase = 31,500 doubloons

Edited by S0und_Theif
  • Cool 3

[MRI]
4,455 posts
22,165 battles
4 hours ago, Iwaguchi said:

By purchasing a 11x building phases (9900 doubloons) can guarantee that i can get the IX ship or do i still need to join the event and complete (32-11) 21 phases in order to get it?

No, you still need to join the event and complete 21 phases to get the Malborough. Basically there is no way to get the Marlborough without spending doublpons. The Dockyard missions just determine how much you actually have to spend.

If you don't want to participate in the event at all, then buy both the 11x and 5x building phase starter packs to get to phase 16. Then buy the rest of the (32-11-6) 16 phases for 1,500 doubloons each.

So if you don't want to play the event at all, the Marlborough will cost you 9,900 + 5,500 + (1,500 x 16) = 39,400 doubloons.

Be warned though, you can only buy the starter packs before completing 3 phases via the missions. So if you want to buy those packs, do so before starting the event.

• Cool 3

[TLS]
5,849 posts
24,614 battles

Yes. You have no choice but to spend doublpons. Pon Pon Pon. It has been like that from the very first public relations dockyard disaster. They want to make monies.

[BLESS]
1,703 posts
17,549 battles

If you were looking for straightforward rulesets, you are definitely playing the wrong game.

The events are deliberately designed to convince players that the rewards are more significant and more easily obtained than they are in reality.

That said, the Dockyards are pretty simple. The reward ship is available for a 50% discount in real money (TX ship for a $50 spend) and a big time commitment, but comes with the side benefits of the items dropped from completing the individual stages. If you decide you don't want the final reward ship, you can usually get 70% of all the side benefits for free, including a couple of low tier premiums. If you do want the final reward ship, you'll be paying out to WG, and likely  paying again when you get to the final stages and run out of patience.

Key point is the stage are not of equal difficultly, but get progressively harder (i.e. more time consuming) to the tune of +10% per by my estimate. So don't estimate your ability to clear the stages based on the first few. The 20th stage may be 4 times harder than the first.

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this