Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
ZEONWILLRISEAGAIN

WoWS is a great game, however...

106 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
106 posts
6,212 battles

I've been having a great  time playing WoWS  CBT for a month or so. I like that i'm able to play as famous historical ships, but i also like the way that the historical/realistic aspect is sometimes simplified in favour of  good gameplay. There are, however, 3 main issues that i really hope are addressed ASAP.

1.Sidecrawling ~ i see people abusing this CONSTANTLY. not really sure how it would  be fixed though.

2.CV manual torpedoes ~ as far as i know this has already been adjusted. but to me it feels like high tier japanese CV's negate these changes. to  be  clear, the only  change  i'd  like to see here is a moderate increase in the arming distance for manually aimed torpedoes. this means CV still has  a very strong weapon,  but at least now it can possibly be countered with smart play.

3.DD detection ~ i've lost count of the amount of times a game has ended early, with 3/4 of the players still alive, because dd(s) pop smoke then cap with impunity, oh, and they seem to be able  to fire on you the entire time, from WITHIN their own smokescreen....

So, what do  you guys think?

i will also state for the record  that so far  i've  played primarily BBs.

Edited by ZEONWILLRISEAGAIN

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

1. Sidecrawling will be dealt with. There's a thread in the CBT forums asking for replays of blue-line campers,and IIRC, something is in the works to....discourage...that sort of gameplay abuse.

2. I'll let a IJN CV player comment on this. In my experience/opinion, IJN torp strikes aren't really as unavoidable as pre-patch.

3. This...is one of my pet peeves. Not the "sit-in-smoke-and-shoot" part. But people complaining that something is somehow unfair when an enemy ship manages to strike straight towards an objective that your team ought to be either protecting, or fighting around. DDs can't "cap with impunity" - while they have a low detection rate, they're also horribly fragile to any kind of incoming fire. It's the duty of the defending team to light them up or flush them out of their smoke clouds to be killed. And no, it's not impossible to flush them out. Torpedo bombers, destroyers, and IJN cruisers firing torpedoes into the smoke will force DDs in the cloud to move, since any single torpedo hit will usually kill them (or leave them at critically low hp). Incidentally, DDs and CAs are best-placed to respond to incursions as such. If there's no smoke clouds, planes can easily detect the capping DD for shellfire, forcing it to move and possibly move out of the cap circle. And worst comes tow worst, if a BB has to flush it out, then just drive straight into the cloud with HE loaded. A single battleship salvo at close range, or hell, even the secondaries, will rip up a destroyer (or at least reset the cap). And by driving straight into the cloud and keeping alert, it minimizes the chances of seeing 6-9 torpedoes headed straight to your sides that careful skirting around the cloud would result in. Seriously, if a DD manages to solocap a base and win the game for their team, its the fault of the other team for letting that happen.

930 posts

Arming distance isn't changed iirc. But the spread of torpedoes which makes it harder to land an airborne torpedo for a Japanese CV CO, but this wasn't the case for US CVs and still has the power to one shot any battleship below her tier (or at least with my experience of playing CV for almost 400 times). And even if the arming distance becomes longer, you will just have to adjust your aim longer to compensate for the slower arming distance which won't bring any change anyway.

Beta Tester
812 posts
2,681 battles

agreed on 1. And on 3, ill just carfully charge ahead since im confident that i can dodge atleast some torpedoes.Nothing really change if arming distance of torpedoes changes. Since player will just adjust a bit farther to catch a big ship, still a player who always targeted of torpedoes are either a lone wolf who is far from the fleet or a ship neglected by allied cv fighters so the best way to counter ijn is to stay in the bloody fleet, not by nerfing and changing cv stats or patern XD

Alpha Tester
1,063 posts
509 battles

Arming distance isn't changed iirc. But the spread of torpedoes which makes it harder to land an airborne torpedo for a Japanese CV CO, but this wasn't the case for US CVs and still has the power to one shot any battleship below her tier (or at least with my experience of playing CV for almost 400 times). And even if the arming distance becomes longer, you will just have to adjust your aim longer to compensate for the slower arming distance which won't bring any change anyway.

People tend to under-estimate back in 3.0 resulting in more chances of you getting hit by dud torpedoes, but due to overwhelming responses to ask for a nerf on torp bombers they increased the arming distance from patch 3.1 onwards. This lead to more experienced CV captains just adapting their playstyles and launch the torpedoes further away which leads to people still getting more hits and lesser chance for duds.

@ the OP Objectives should always be engaged no matter what ship you are in, in these recent days there are more domination games where usually one side's battleships and cruisers all sit behind in their own spawn locations and not get any capture points. Usually resulting to them losing their own team's DD  which will lead them to lose the destroyer fight where the opponent still has plenty running around.

Beta Tester
106 posts
6,212 battles

People tend to under-estimate back in 3.0 resulting in more chances of you getting hit by dud torpedoes, but due to overwhelming responses to ask for a nerf on torp bombers they increased the arming distance from patch 3.1 onwards. This lead to more experienced CV captains just adapting their playstyles and launch the torpedoes further away which leads to people still getting more hits and lesser chance for duds.

@ the OP Objectives should always be engaged no matter what ship you are in, in these recent days there are more domination games where usually one side's battleships and cruisers all sit behind in their own spawn locations and not get any capture points. Usually resulting to them losing their own team's DD  which will lead them to lose the destroyer fight where the opponent still has plenty running around.

i'm fine with that though - to an extent. my point was that increasing the distance gives a chance for the BB player to counter, providing hes map aware etc. instead of just writhing hopelessly with no chance of escape.

Alpha Tester
1,063 posts
509 battles

When they nerf it? Source please

it is not mentioned in the patch notes it's been ninja added in and you can only spot it if you manual dropped bombers back in 3.0.

Beta Tester
83 posts
86 battles

i'm fine with that though - to an extent. my point was that increasing the distance gives a chance for the BB player to counter, providing hes map aware etc. instead of just writhing hopelessly with no chance of escape.

you have plenty of chance to counter that, 2 BB together or ask a CA to cover you, dont complain about bomber or torp when you are alone.

Alpha Tester
1,063 posts
509 battles

There was no Ninja nerf, the spotting distance was increased giving the illusion of a nerf

IJN air dropped torpedoes travel faster hence the longer distance required to arm it compared to the USN ones, it can count as sort of a ninja as they did not tell you the speeds of the payloads.

[SGC]
Super Tester
1,459 posts
6,817 battles

Most of the problems can be fixed by adjusting the repair system from an instant 1 fix and omg cant use anymore to a battlestations pacific style.

Beta Tester
2,040 posts
1,326 battles

Would be better if they give us CV Captains a good balanced loadout (especially tier4-6).

Maybe something like 50/50 Fighter/Bomber, with USN use more DB while IJN use more TB.

I'm tired of being dominated (by fighters) in my bomber loadout, and sick of being useless in my fighter loadout.

Fighters need to be rebalanced too, tier7+ fighters just rip everything apart with their 3x higher DPM than lower tier Fighters.

930 posts

Would be better if they give us CV Captains a good balanced loadout (especially tier4-6).

Maybe something like 50/50 Fighter/Bomber, with USN use more DB while IJN use more TB.

I'm tired of being dominated (by fighters) in my bomber loadout, and sick of being useless in my fighter loadout.

Fighters need to be rebalanced too, tier7+ fighters just rip everything apart with their 3x higher DPM than lower tier Fighters.

ever since Saipan was kill, fighter power isn't so balanced anymore

RIP Buffaloes 

Alpha Tester
1,063 posts
509 battles

There have always been the jump in all ship types I do not want to re type it on every thread speaking of the tier jump.
Edited by Halken_Sky

Alpha Tester
1,063 posts
509 battles

IF you pop smoke in DD and sit there, and cant be seen ....should not be able to see out of smoke as well. 

My 2 cents 

That mechanic is already in the game if you did not notice, or better you did not notice all his allied ships helping him spot his targets.

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

IF you pop smoke in DD and sit there, and cant be seen ....should not be able to see out of smoke as well. 

My 2 cents 

You already can't see through your own smoke cloud. However, any friendly ship/plane that can see around the smoke cloud can (and will) relay vision to you. That's how DDs sitting in smoke can fire.

[-ADL-]
Beta Tester
8 posts
9,306 battles

I did notice and tnx for pointing it out again. 

However are we talking each to their own in terms of what you get is what you got ,then i withdraw my statement .But if we talking for game play purpose then my spotter plane should spot DD when firing out of smoke .  

Alpha Tester
1,063 posts
509 battles

I did notice and tnx for pointing it out again. 

However are we talking each to their own in terms of what you get is what you got ,then i withdraw my statement .But if we talking for game play purpose then my spotter plane should spot DD when firing out of smoke .  

All planes can't see into smoke, this applies to spotter planes as well.

Sign in to follow this