You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Vaxso

Christmas Story Event

75 comments in this topic

[WG]
WG Staff
135 posts
1,034 battles

Commanders!

Hope you all had a wonderful Christmas holiday!

We would like to announce the winners of the Christmas Story Event!

APAC winners:

@vtongthongn

@Shiiba_Tsumugi_My_Wife

EN winners:

@vtongthongn

Please note that there has been illegal macro used to cast votes by BOT accounts (created on the same day with the same IPs)and those votes by these accounts were disqualified as a vote.

Please also note that players who met the regulation of no less than 100 words will also be disqualified for a guaranteed reward.

We will contact the winners separately through the Forum message.

Thank you to everyone who took part in this Christmas Story Event!

See you on the high seas!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Commanders!

How are you planning to celebrate Christmas and New Year? Please share with us your best WoWS memory!

All participants will receive 1-day of Warships Premium Account! 🎉🎈🎁5

Event Details:

Story sharing: 15 Dec (18:00 UTC+8) to 27 Dec (23:59 UTC+8)

How to participate: Leave a comment in this thread and share a STORY (no less than 100 words) of your best WoWS memory

APAC Rewards:

• Most voted: Any ship (except Steel ships) x1
  • Random: 180-day Warships Premium Account 
  • Guaranteed: 1-day Warships Premium Account to every participant

EN Rewards:

• Most voted: US$200 eCoupon x1

Please note:

• Votes are based on the 'reactions' given by other players. You cannot vote for your own screenshot nor 'react' to it.
  • When encountering a tie vote, community managers can cast the 'final vote'
  • APAC rewards are shared between other APAC languages
  • We will not allow vote by spamming BOTs (created on the same day with same IPs)

For more details, please visit:
https://worldofwarships.asia/en/news/general-news/holiday-tree-collect-all-the-gifts/

Action Stations!

• Cool 3

[VEU]
1 post
6,330 battles

I've played wows before. But only for a short time because I more enjoy R6s and Battlefield more. After a while, most games get boring, cheater everywhere. So I go back to wows. I started having my first tier X ship 6 months ago, now I have 5. So far, I've had a lot of fun with this game, and I never seen a cheater in wows. Hope WG will listen to players as much as possible to improve this game, submarine is good, but it needs more creativity, CV is fun but almost player main BBs don't like them. Thanks!

Edited by Vir1995
100 words

[VIET]
[VIET]
1 post
5,833 battles

I've been playing World of Warships for over a year and a half. During the course of the game, I have a lot of unforgettable memories, and the most memorable one is when I parked the ship next to an island, and appeared on my port side, a Halland dropped torpedoes at me, I immediately reversed to avoid... and boom, my whole ship jumped into the sky and all the torpedoes hit the island, then my ship fell down like nothing happened... so hilarious. Thank you all for reading my comment. 

• Cool 1

[LOTS]
1 post

I have been in this game since 2016, but at the time,i was more interested in other things and games.This has been a rough year for everyone,mine is no exception.Everything became bored quickly while you at home,but i remember i still have an account ,i played it for 2 months then i just wanted to start all over again so i made this new account just this year,there was a short time i couldn't play because my monitor ran into some nasty problem and took me over 2 months just to find anyone could fix it.And 1 more month for they to find the replacements.Anyway,it's good to be back on this game,still play this daily and can't complain much,i saw how the game have changed a lot every season but i'm still hope that there would be more improvement on both the gameplay and the economy system for players like my self could experience the game at it best.Also,my best moment would be you,sometimes,gave me a suprise  with those gifts,thanks you.And thanks for the Godzilla shirt.

Edited by Jbgamer

[R0YAL]
1 post
8,110 battles

I have played World of Warships since May, and I really I love this game. I play Co-op only, no stress, just fun, people respect each other. One day, when I start a battle with Flint, my favorite ship, a guy with Colorado said he need kill plane and get ribbons to complete the mission, he ask for help from others. I and other players disables AA guns and direct him to near enemy's CV. I also guide him a lot, all players in this battle have talked so much. At the end of the battle, althought he did not reach the goal, but all of us are happy. Everyone are so kind, I love Co-op mode, and love this game. I hope I will have Georgia one day, my dream ship.
Merry Chirstmas and Happy New Year!
Fair winds and following seas!

• Cool 1

[LN]
1 post
7,281 battles
2 hours ago, Vaxso said:

I've a clan mate who i call her is elder sister. When i make div with her,we have some comedy stories. 4 weeks ago, she got colombo and we play tier X battle. After loading the screen she asked me: "who put dumplings on main turrets". This question made me couldn't hold back my laughter. She really has a big soul food when everything in her opinion is food. Not only a big soul food but also a big brain to make meme. She plays german BB or other line Bb , she has an aura which make asashio torp her. She plays hydro bb but torp is her best friend when they always stay together . Whenever she goes, torp'll find her . I hope i can keep this conversation for a long time

Edited by Hood_27
  • Cool 2

1 post
193 battles

I just started playing the game WOWS but the game is too attractive. There is a variety of battleships, good tactics for a game. I'm trying to gather as much experience as possible to fight intense matches. I once had a very intense battle to the last HP... when both sides fought hard and I was left alone with a small amount of health. But luck was with me when their ship ran aground, leaving the hull exposed. And I took advantage of that time, successfully destroyed the enemy ship. Although the victory was partly due to luck, it was the result of all my team members, The result was completely worth the effort we put in. After a tiring day of work, playing a game together to relieve the pressure of life is something really great. Hope the game develops more.. thanks

1 post
2,090 battles

I've been playing Wows for 2 years, I really love how they design ships and details. This Christmas Event is beautiful though, feel like Xmas is coming into Wows, best wishes for whose created this game so we can enjoy and finally thank you all. 

[HAFA]
2 posts
14,662 battles

I have been playing in the Asian server for three years. There are many unforgettable things, but the most pleasant thing is to quietly enjoy each warship moored in my port in front of my computer near the new year.

With the soothing music and the New Year bell, it seems that I have really driven those warships to shuttle and gallop on the sea. It's the best thing to enjoy my vacation in the game port!!

Thank WG and my friends for letting me have a good time!Merry Christmas and happy New Year to  all!!

• Cool 1

[EMTT]
1 post
3,190 battles

I have known and played WoWs at the end of 2020, but due to circumstances, it will not be until early 2021 to be able to play the game much. It can be said that I have been acquainted with the game for more than a year and have played it for almost a year, the game has brought me a lot of joy during the time of social distancing and so far I have 5 X level ships. I really enjoy this game and hope to play more in the years to come. To those of you who have been reading this post, I wish you a happy and joyful 2022

[G-AB]
743 posts
8,501 battles

One of the most unforgettable times I was on was when I was using the Pommern. I am mainly a Co-op player, so at that point all of the other ships with me have been sunk and I'm left and surrounded by four AI bot ships. It took five minutes for the Pommern to sink, taking shots from all four ships that were around me. That was unforgettable and shows how well the Pommern is to sustain that much in a long time and still remain intact. Of course in the end I was sunk since I could only do so much surrounded by ships, but that was still a memorable match.

[LN]
3 posts
3,540 battles

I started to play World of Warships when I was in secondary school, which was about 7 years ago. In this game, I have learned a lot of historical knowledge by reading each ship's description and I was really into it. This game encourages me to study the past, I just kept reading and reading about many different historical events that are related to each ship in the game. Thus, I found that history class in my school became more interesting and I could study history all day lol. Since I played this game, not only did it encourage me to read about world history, I also learned a lot about the historical events of my country and feel grateful to all the heroes who sacrificed themselves in wartime for others to live in peace. Besides, I met wonderful teammates, who guided me through the game, helped me in understanding the game mechanics, and had a great time with each other. I want to thank all my teammates I met for helping me progress through the game, and wish you guys a merry Christmas and a happy New Year 🙂

[S-D]
1 post
6,667 battles

I think the best memory of World of Warships that I had was way back before the carrier rework. I had a lot of fun playing Zuiho, especially when it had sort of protected matchmaking. I had a lot of fun assisting teammates and dealing damage to ships that needed to be sunk in order to win. There were a lot of times when I had to drag my own team to victory and sometimes, I even had to fight the team's ability to throw their ships away.

I'm planning to spend Christmas with a few friends playing games and sharing some fun jokes here and there. 

Merry Christmas to everyone too!

• Cool 1

[-WOW-]
1 post
5,095 battles

I started to play this game because the name of the warships are cool. There are definitely some parts of the game that frustrates me, but this game is indeed constantly improving in my opinion. The increased transparency in the recent update is a good addition to the game, and I hope wows can continue this trend. Merry Christmas and happy New Year.

[-MK-]
157 posts
6,871 battles

I think it was my college days when I started playing this game after getting my first gaming laptop. WoWS brought so much memories back in my college days.
This is the first online game I played for a very long amount of time ( 2015 - present ). I remember when I'm new to this game and finally got a new ship I'm so very happy with it like a little child even though its a low tier at that time. 
Imagine staring at Tier 3 or 4 ships and listening to the port music. Good old days:cap_tea:

Set aside, I'm planning to spend my Christmas and New Year with my family. I hope those who read this should prioritize this. 

Spending your Christmas and New Year Holiday with your family is a very rare occasion, its more rarer than getting a ship in the supercontainer or even winning on this competition.

So kindly spend your time wisely. :cap_horn:

• Cool 3
  • Thanks 1

Supertester
423 posts
14,685 battles

A bored me and my close friends during high school breaktime browsed war/history action games. I found this game called "World of Warships".

"Hey, this game looks like the ●●:●●●●● game we played before."

"Let me see. Huh, World of Warships, never heard it. It does have a Yamato though, my favorite."

"Wanna try it?"

"Sure, why not? Is it online?"

Somehow we ended up wasting our break time talking and watching Alpha footage of the game. Since it wasn't released at that time, we promised to play together when the game is released.

Some time later, I found out that there is Close Beta Testing (CBT) access "battle" in the forums, which the winner gets an access to CBT server. The so-called "battle" was by playing the "Battleship" game. It was a simple pointing out games in the forums and all I have to do is to guess what sector has the target. Sounds easy, no? Then I tried joining the first "battle".

image.png.3c44e662385f0d6ba63d1377c5f048ac.png

Fig. 1 One of my attempts on getting CBT access key

"Man, what's wrong with my luck. I don't think CBT is liking me...."

"But I have to keep up going...."

I failed every time and I still remember it up to today, I got a really worst of luck at that time. I guess the game really wants me to play together with my friend?

By the time the server is opened, as promised, we played together. I saw a lot of different ships (by class) and since we are a group of 3s, we decided to pick different ship classes: Mine's CA, and the other two picked BB and DD. I fell in love directly with the US cruiser branch, since the high tiers are looking very slick. We played together and had a lot of fun together.

"Look at my new Des Moines! It looks so great"

"I'm having fun playing with Yamato as well. Guns are great and it deal huge damage"

"You guys please just appreciate my Shimakaze torpedo skill. I killed two guys in one salvo. ONE!"

But as the time goes by, we had to go apart. It was sad, but at the same time, I started playing with strangers and getting to know them in forums and communities. I gained new combat tactics, information, and different play style from the community and I started regularly play with them. Then I joined clan and moved to different clans, and so on. I have become better and stronger than I was six years ago when I played with my friends. Though, I never have any intention to look down on them, and will not to, since they are always be my good friends.

To this day, three of us haven't play again together.  It's been a solid 3 or 4 years yet I think we don't really have time to spend it together in the ship game anymore. I do really miss them and I wish time can be rewinded so I can play this game with them again in the future.

"By the time we meet again, lets laugh it loud together and have fun."

• Cool 2

[KNCOL]
78 posts
10,784 battles

Playing with Prinz Eitzel Friedrich after the CV rework, I mean after the reword the ship is a literal junk. One day we div together and one of us brought Prinz Eitzel Friedrich then he start screaming "จงศรัทธาในซิกม่า 2.0!!! (Put your faith in 2.0 Sigma)" and he got a kill. We then proceed to scream every time we salvoed until the end of the match. It has become our inside joke since.

P.S I wanted to share my Kamikaze R story but it was 200+ words, so... I guess this have to do.

Beta Tester
923 posts
22,818 battles

Way way way back then ... I've heard a game about WW1/WW2 Warships and being a WW2 warship nut, that got me excited and wanted to play that game when it comes out.
But it was still in development, so I waited and waited and waited ... dang it's not coming out. YET!
So while waiting they have this other game called World of Tanks, so I decided ... why not give it a try.
I love tanks but not as much as warships and it was a hoot even though I don't know much about it aside from them being tanks and that was enough.
Months turned into a year and another 'til World of Warships was offering CBT, I was ecstatic about it the game was finally coming out. Join it and enjoyed my time with it.
I was passionate about WoWs that time with ships duking it out on open seas and blasting each other ... it was a riot of fun.

[SIMP]
1 post
5,147 battles

My favorite story... If you have ever felt dumb about a decision, the first ship that I purchase for my hard earned coal last year was the Blyskawica. Yeah, the ship was very very enjoyable and one of my best experiences as it is also my first time I ever played a DD... great concealment, great gun, great torps, great AA, it is a pure combination of fun and it was definitely worth it as my first coal ship! ;)

[VIET]
1 post
3,724 battles

I've been playing World of Warships for a month and having the first X ships Yamato. Btw its very strong that i can almost detonating a CA outside of 20km range, and i got a premium ship Graf Zeppelin B from BF event. That ship very help me in farming silver to guarantee more ships. And im on my way to having all X ships, in my Clan i have some friends that teach me good tactics, told me to join in CW and help me get some experience in battles. I hope u guys having a good Merry Christmas and happy new year with your family. I hope this game will become more famous in few years more.

Edited by AxusN

[LLBC]
24 posts
5,119 battles

Been Playing World of Warship For Like 6 Years , First of all , I feel like it's like Normal and Slow Paced Game and drop the game. But It's all Started Because I'm Watching a "Missouri" Movie , I've been Looking for a Warship Movie and when playing a Game Because Looking Strategic.

Now I'm Really Want to Collecting all These Ship Available in this Game !

• Funny 1

[CHEER]
5 posts
8,011 battles

I recall playing the twin brothers with may mate 18 months ago when were were new. Post a few beers and having Flight of the Valkyrie playing over discord we went down the middle and a CV followed us and .... obviously the move was not successful, but it was so hilarious and probably the funniest greatest moment for both of us in what we call 'Port' .... we still talk about that moment!

[TDA]
Supertest Coordinator
6,316 posts
12,345 battles

RalphTheTheatreCat has been here a loooooooooooooooooooong time.    The glory days of Alpha tests and Beta tests are way behind me and I have played a game I have learned to love in a strange way.  
"The thinking mans game” is never a truer statement for a game that seems so simple on the outside but takes a lot to master.   I’m far from it and have had the privilege of playing with and against some of the true greats on this server and I could only aspire ot be as good as them.   I instead choose to just play for what I enjoy and that’s the fun of seeing new ships and new concepts in game and have had some great memories.

But only some memories really stand out and they are when I can give someone a smile by being part of the community and this is now the 5th year of my Santa Crate giveaways.  Those winners each year just before Christmas are my favourite memories in World of Warships and waking up on that day I get to message the lucky winners and give them a free mega crate makes me feel almost like Santa, in fact it makes my beard go white. On a day before Christmas old Saint Ralph will fire up the virtual sleigh and merrily drop ten crates down the chimney of some lucky Asia Server players.  The story started five years ago and I just get to write another chapter each year.

Merry Christmas.
Christmas Banner Png - Merry Christmas Decoration Png (1604x569), Png Download

• Cool 5

[SEATO]
Beta Tester
820 posts
3,873 battles

There's a lot of good memories but I think the best one is having an art contest in the forums back then! That time, I'm were eager to share something in WOWs as our appreciation for bringing this game to us and the one I think are modding and digital arts. My clan mates/friends where always excited whenever there's a contest especially drawing since we can show our skill and at the same time enjoying drawing something for WOWs. There's also some rewards so it made me more excited to check always the forums and also made my drawing skills a little better.

Even though this time I've became more busy due to work and responsibilities at home, thinking back those days still made me happy because how fun the community and the game is so thank you for making those memories happened! 

bad_advice__dread_not_by_choudenjizenou_damygbr-fullview.thumb.jpg.2f2626cfe8947475145418f3d4a3391b.jpg
world_of_warship__happy_new_year_by_choudenjizenou_d9mb7uh-fullview.thumb.jpg.5f762052db54bc5bae4b2783ab4d8139.jpgworld_of_warships__date_in_port_by_choudenjizenou_d9rj4e1-fullview.thumb.jpg.4c51f2be55df90fb21efd37c5e0056ae.jpg

d9ouwqi-3b74d269-484f-48fa-bfe7-dad52e9c9989.thumb.png.53d0aa2a4d5df10ff9fd9b8b6e13ae45.png

• Cool 1
  • Haha 1