You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
_PanzerKeil_

Why does WG love nonexistent things?

26 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
86 posts
208 battles

I mean look at Jagdpanzer E-100, FV215(b), E-50M... just wondering because of... Hakuryu, Tier X CV? What? o_O)

Uhm WG there's Shinano.

Inappropriate Forum Section, Topic moved.

Please be more observant on whether the topic of the thread you start fits the section of the forums you post in.

~dead_man_walking

Edited by dead_man_walking

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

Just because Shinano use Yamato's hull, doesn't mean she is better than Other "Intended to be Carrier" Ship

But let WG give her much more survivability, Given she has Much better armour

Beta Tester
2,040 posts
1,326 battles

Just because Shinano use Yamato's hull, doesn't mean she is better than Other "Intended to be Carrier" Ship

But let WG give her much more survivability, Given she has Much better armour

However cool Shinano might be, she is not a fleet carrier.

You guys missed the case.

Reason why WG picked that paper ship over Hakuryu was purely tech tree organization.

So far 2 trees have been planned, with the first tend to consist of dedicated-built CV, while the other one has Battleship conversions.

Also, WG is planed to put Shinano at tier9, and we already have Taihou, so there should be something else to fit in tier10 :P

Beta Tester
1,422 posts
38 battles

You guys missed the case.

Reason why WG picked that paper ship over Hakuryu was purely tech tree organization.

So far 2 trees have been planned, with the first tend to consist of dedicated-built CV, while the other one has Battleship conversions.

Also, WG is planed to put Shinano at tier9, and we already have Taihou, so there should be something else to fit in tier10 :P

isnt the one that fit tier 10 is Hakuryu?

or u are saying that there is 2 separate line of tech in IJN CV here?

Super Tester
532 posts
1,052 battles

isnt the one that fit tier 10 is Hakuryu?

or u are saying that there is 2 separate line of tech in IJN CV here?

There will be two different lines of CVs.

Just like how the US Tree is going to have another line of battleships.

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

Considering how many carriers we're missing from the IJN tech tree, it's not a stretch to think there'll be another carrier tech tree, split after Zuihou, probably. Most of what we're missing are the conversions (Hiyou-class, Akagi, Kaga), and Shinano belongs there a lot more than the current tree. And as people have mentioned above, Shinano wasn't a fleet carrier like what Hiryuu, Shoukaku and Taihou (and to some extend, Ryuujou) were.

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

Wonder what kind of ship will be At tier X, given there will be another line of IJN CV tech tree

Super Tester
293 posts
4,850 battles

Actually there's nothing wrong with Blueprint ships ( except purely fictional ones , but ships based on blueprints that existed are fine), its exciting to see how they fare If they were to be constructed against other ships lol

Beta Tester
2,718 posts
1,988 battles

Actually there's nothing wrong with Blueprint ships ( except purely fictional ones , but ships based on blueprints that existed are fine), its exciting to see how they fare If they were to be constructed against other ships lol

True~

*Look at WT(F) E100*

Okay may be it's not even a blueprint.

Super Tester
293 posts
4,850 battles

True~

*Look at WT(F) E100*

Well the WT E100, that's purely fictional I guess though  that auto-loading gun does exist If im not mistaken. But the rest of the Blueprint tanks are fine for me loool

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

Well the WT E100, that's purely fictional I guess though  that auto-loading gun does exist If im not mistaken. But the rest of the Blueprint tanks are fine for me loool

*Cough* FV215b 318 *Cough*

Beta Tester
1,422 posts
38 battles

There will be two different lines of CVs.

Just like how the US Tree is going to have another line of battleships.

oooooh, thanks photo-thumb-2001510501-5567af12.jpg?_r=1

wait that mean there gonna be another tier X BB beside Montana...?

Edited by CrimsonGabri

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

oooooh, thanks photo-thumb-2001510501-5567af12.jpg?_r=1

wait that mean there gonna be another tier X BB beside Montana...?

You know they will add Soviet Navy tech tree first before adding another Tech tree line in other nation country

So, the real question is: "What kind of 'Imagination Ship' they will make for soviet navy Tier X BB?"

Beta Tester
141 posts

People like new and different things.  Releasing "paper" ships allows them to continue adding ships for a very long time.

Some nations never had sufficient of whatever thing (tanks, airplanes, ships) to fill out an entire tech tree, so they're filling in the holes.

Some nations had ideas or concepts for things that WG wants to see and assume players want to see as well so they can have "what-if" matchups.

Of course, like many people, I sometimes wonder about the choices they made.  Like the Izumo.  Seriously, they took a battlecruiser design?  Pretty much everyone abandoned "true" battlecruisers after they saw the RN's deathtraps at Jutland.  The IJN up-armored the Kongous, the Hood was in the process of being up-armored, and so on.  A few knots of speed don't make a difference when you're fighting in a battleline.

Yet, there it is.  Izumo.  A poorly armored fast ship with battleship guns ... at Tier 9.  Facing off against real USN and IJN battleships from the same tier or those above and below it.

Beta Tester
172 posts
58 battles

So, the real question is: "What kind of 'Imagination Ship' they will make for soviet navy Tier X BB?"

Sovetsky Soyuz is as much of an "imaginary ship" as Montana. I don't see you complaining about Montana.

Super Tester
293 posts
4,850 battles

That one Im not sure about, since theres a wooden mockup of it but it could be WG made lol

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

Sovetsky Soyuz is as much of an "imaginary ship" as Montana. I don't see you complaining about Montana.

Sovetsky Soyuz have armaments that can be compared to Iowa, but somehow its size is bigger and can be compared to both current tier X BB

And Montana is a Blueprint class ship that can be constructed any time if the War demand it

Edited by Harpoon01

Beta Tester
172 posts
58 battles

Sovetsky Soyuz have armaments that can be compared to Iowa, but somehow its size is bigger and can be compared to both current tier X BB

And Montana is a Blueprint class ship that can be constructed any time if the War demand it

Technical characteristics aside (I'm sure balancing department will do their job), both ships classes were laid down and then both were cancelled. Hence my point:

Sovetsky Soyuz is as much of an "imaginary ship" as Montana.

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

Technical characteristics aside (I'm sure balancing department will do their job), both ships classes were laid down and then both were cancelled. Hence my point:

No, I can't sure WG will balance it with Thick armor, Fast Speed, and Quick reload. Because We will see WG more as Rusian Bias, By Buffing their Last Designed BB (That I currently know AKA Sovetsky Soyuz) until reach tier X

So the Question remain the Same:

"What kind of "Imaginary Ship" that WG will make for Tier X Soviet Navy BB?"

Beta Tester
172 posts
58 battles

blah blah

WG

blah blah

Russian Bias

blah

I guess it can't be helped. Why do I even keep trying.

On paper, Sovetsky Soyuz had comparable armor, speed and rate of fire, only lacking a fourth turret in comparison to Montana. Would they buff it to compensate? Sure. Has this not been done before to ships, tanks and planes of various nations? It has, many times. Is it an imaginary ship? Just as much as Montana is. It age is about the same as Yamato, so it's not a problem either.

Note: I am not trying to compare the two ships IRL, we all know USSR couldn't into battleships. In-game, however, Sovetsky Soyuz is a perfectly plausible tier X.

Beta Tester
11 posts
576 battles

There was "talk" of a Soviet  74,000 ton Battleship mounting four triple 16" turrets, could that be the Tier X and the Soyuz at Tier IX.

Super Tester
232 posts
3,927 battles

True~

*Look at WT(F) E100*

WTE

flZLgSs.jpg

FV215b (183)

Rm3pgRL.jpg

because I can, and you should look here http://forum.worldoftanks.asia/index.php?/forum/351-tanks-throughout-history/ at my wonderful photo guides... may it educate you