You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
TenTenMaru

GIVE ME BACK MY KONGO!.jpg

16 comments in this topic

Super Tester
1,677 posts

I must be stuffed inside a torpedo tube for so long...

on a more serious note, Kongo I feel doesn't have a really thick torpedo bulge and could be holed really easily unlike the New York that's an insanely solid ship at tier V. the only cruisers that could pummel the shit out of her should be the Cleveland and Myoko or if misfortune favors the fool, a Des Moines.

Beta Tester
131 posts
2,030 battles

Important thing to remember the Kongo was a Heavy cruiser (Cruiser with big guns) before it had some more armour tacked on later in service, in reality this ship is a 'Fast Battleship' meaning it can take a round or 2 but not much, especially torps and deck shots.

Alpha Tester
76 posts

the cruiser with Big ass gun would have called Battlecruiser  not the heavy cruiser, same ways to the Kongo class before she get massive reconstuction into the fast battleship

Edited by reinforcezwei

Beta Tester
131 posts
2,030 battles

battlecruiser, or battle cruiser, was a large capital ship built in the first half of the 20th century. They were similar in size and cost to a battleship, and typically carried the same kind of heavy guns, but generally carried less armour and were faster. 

The heavy cruiser was a type of cruiser, a naval warship designed for long range and high speed, armed generally with naval guns of roughly 203mm calibre (8 inches in caliber) and displacing approximately 10,000 tons.

The Knogo was the first battlecruiser of the Kongō class and underwent two major reconstructions. Beginning in 1929, the Imperial Japanese Navy rebuilt her as a battleship.

So my terminology was correct though the Kongo was indeed a Battle cruiser before being upgraded to a Battleship.

Beta Tester
149 posts
3,185 battles

Quit historical story of Kongo now. I JUST WANT 0.3.0 KONGO IN GAME. NOT REAL KONGO!!!!!!!!

Edited by TenTenMaru