Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
IJN_Yura

Tier X US CV?

12 comments in this topic

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

Not really foreshadowing. IIRC, we've already known the tier X USN CV will be the Midway-class.

Edited by Syanda

930 posts

Not really foreshadowing. IIRC, we've already known the tier X USN CV will be the Midway-class.

I didn't knew this.

I've been living under a rock

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

Shame, really. I'd rather they keep the Essex at Tier X and give us Yorktowns at Tier IX...though I suspect they want it to be a premium >_>

Beta Tester
2,718 posts
1,988 battles

Shame, really. I'd rather they keep the Essex at Tier X and give us Yorktowns at Tier IX...though I suspect they want it to be a premium >_>

Yorktown be a Tier 8? That would be really "OP" considering it's not worse than the regular Lexington at all.
Edited by Alvin1020

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

Yorktown be a Tier 8? That would be really "OP" considering it's not worse than the regular Lexington at all.

8: VIII

9: IX.

Beta Tester
1,167 posts
7,495 battles

Probably both. There's enough CVs for a second USN line, with a Tier 8 Yorktown, but also with a Tier ? Enterprise Premium. Presumably, Warspite and Bismarck will work this way, too. The "class" will be on the normal tech tree and specific, famous ships will be available as Premiums.

Then again, who truly knows what the future may hold?! *dramatic music*

Edited by Unraveler

Beta Tester
2,718 posts
1,988 battles

*Tier 9

8: VIII

9: IX.

Not sure WG will release a Tier 9 Premium.

Edited by Alvin1020

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

Not sure WG will release a Tier 9 Premium.

Never said they would. Just cut the stats/squadrons arbitrarily, dump it at tier VIII, voila.

Although, now that I think about it, Wasp would be a solid choice for a premium - it just doesn't really have a logical progression from anywhere.

Beta Tester
11 posts
576 battles

Sort of a pity they didn't include the original lay out of the Lexington class, nasty surprise for destroyers trying to sneak up on her when eight 8"guns open up on them :playing:

Sign in to follow this