Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
fastfishy2

I-400 1/350 Tamiya- model build

5 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
29 posts
20 battles

(Not sure if this is in the right place)

So about a week ago I started building this I-400 from tamiya, it is 1/350 scale (but not the special edition one)

Don't have any pics of the (rather hectic) build, sorry.

I-400 class was a class of submarines developed by the Imperial Japanese navy, 2 were built with another serving as a oil tanker sub. None saw any combat, I-400 and I-401 were halfway on their first mission when the war ended.

They carried 3 floatplane bombers each, folded into a ~3m diameter watertight hangar on the deck. each of the aircraft, called the 'Seiran' (storm on a clear day, reference to their ability to be deployed off the US coast out of nowhere), could carry a 800kg bomb or 850 kg torpedo. top speed of 444km/h. 

The I-400 class had the range to circle the globe 1 1/2 times. they had a internal horizontal figure-eight cross section in the middle, basically they were 2 cylinders stuck together by the sides. they also had 8 533mm torpedo tubes in the front, none in the rear, and fired type 95 oxygen torpedoes.

These subs were planned to carry out attacks on US coastal cities and the panama canal, and were likely candidates to carry Japanese Biological weapons to US coastal cities.

Find out more on google if you want.

Here are some pics below.

IMG_0850.JPG

IMG_0852.JPG

IMG_0853.JPG

IMG_0854.JPG

IMG_0855.JPG

Beta Tester
29 posts
20 battles

I'm building Tamiya New Jersey 1/350 too

Nice! maybe send me pics when finished :)

Tamiya models are pretty nice, aren't they. 1:350 ships are good because they're big and detailed.

1,230 posts
2,354 battles

Nice! maybe send me pics when finished :)

Tamiya models are pretty nice, aren't they. 1:350 ships are good because they're big and detailed.

Haha, I will

Sign in to follow this