You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Andy_Siau

Napoli or Carnot ?

17 comments in this topic

[IMS]
1,632 posts
20,291 battles

Seen alot of Napoli ships doing very well in Random, and sometimes Carnot.
Not considering Salem since I already have Des Moines

[H20]
1,338 posts
6,028 battles

Napoli's biggest gimmick is her SAP secondary guns,she sacrificed a lot of main battery performance (range,DPM,accuracy) to get that gimmick,but I also wonder how she will perform as a conventional cruiser,since her great survivability partly mitigates her damage output issue.

So in order to get good result in Napoli you need to get her secondary guns into action,using secondaries means getting close,which is quite hard in SEA server

Carnot is just a normal cruiser,but it works quite well if you enjoy normal cruiser playstyle,more so if you love French cruiser with engine boost

• Thanks 1

191 posts
11,871 battles

I just got the Napoli and it is very dependent on yolo gameplay with secondaries otherwise Venezia is much stronger for random meta. If you play ranked or brawls then Napoli is stronger but inefficient in randoms. Need to get within 9km of the enemy to be effective.

• Thanks 1

[MRI]
4,303 posts
19,939 battles

Napoli's specialty is her accurate SAP secondaries but secondary builds are very situational, especially here on the Asia server with its very passive meta.

You have to play patiently and learn when it is safe to yolo charge an enemy, usually later in the game when there are fewer enemy ships.

You can have very fun games with it, but you have to accept the fact that there will be plenty of games where you will never even have the chance to use those secondaries. For conventional cruiser gameplay Venezia is way better.

• Thanks 1

[LNA]
2,248 posts
17,589 battles

Napoli if you have a bad day and want to drag a few guys with ya down under !

Carnot never gonna give you up but will let you down !

• Funny 3

[NTSB]
Supertester
177 posts
7,656 battles

Carnot in tier IX is more worthy to spend your coal than Napoli in tier X.

• Thanks 1

[H20]
1,338 posts
6,028 battles
7 minutes ago, Heavening said:

Carnot in tier IX is more worthy to spend your coal than Napoli in tier X.

But some people say 'don't buy T9 if you can buy T10'

Also I wonder how Napoli performs as a conventional cruiser

[NTSB]
Supertester
177 posts
7,656 battles
5 分鐘前,New_Jersey_prpr 說:

If you play as conventional cruiser... comparatively, a lot more ships like Hindenburg, or Yoshino, are much more enjoyable and easy to deal dmg. 

So this is why I won't give priority to Napoli among tier X. But it's still good if you have got one or more other tier X coal ships already.

• Thanks 2

2,121 posts
11,378 battles
3 minutes ago, New_Jersey_prpr said:

Tier 9 premium ships can also be bought with real cash/doubloons though the price tag would be impressive for one single item.

It seems to be an eternal dilemma of choice between "boring but safe" and "more risky but with unique gameplay".

[ANZAC]
66 posts
10,944 battles
On 11/6/2021 at 6:22 AM, Andy_Siau said:

Seen alot of Napoli ships doing very well in Random, and sometimes Carnot.
Not considering Salem since I already have Des Moines

I have had the Napoli for a month, it is a very fun ship to play, Main guns are underrated, HE pens well and with a great fire chance, secondaries extremely satisfying when in range, sexy looking ship, bakes quality pizzas in the italian ovens, extra snowflake event item since being T10, Decent AA, Concealment pretty good, if you know how to angle with it bow in you can bounce 90% of the rounds no matter what it is.

But yes it can require aid like detection on enemies etc to perform at its fullest!

And the other option is the, Carrot....

AL012-02%20carotte_0.jpg

Edited by Xplod2064
  • Thanks 1

[H20]
1,338 posts
6,028 battles
35 minutes ago, Project45_Opytny said:

It seems to be an eternal dilemma of choice between "boring but safe" and "more risky but with unique gameplay".

It WAS not a dilemma,the reason why we have this dilemma now is ships that can do well both in normal and short range engagements are no longer for sale(Jean Bart/Georgia/Alaska etc.),and as a result we only have normal ships and 'dilemma ships' to choose from now

Edited by New_Jersey_prpr

[SMOKE]
3,838 posts
21,625 battles
12 minutes ago, New_Jersey_prpr said:

It WAS not a dilemma,the reason why we have this dilemma now is ships that can do well both in normal and short range engagements are no longer for sale(Jean Bart/Georgia/Alaska etc.),and as a result we only have normal ships and 'dilemma ships' to choose from now

But also, because people only ever want high tier nowadays, there are quite a bunch of good mid tier premium though I must say most are overpriced as far as real money doubloons goes or even just Coal 

[IMS]
1,632 posts
20,291 battles
12 hours ago, Mechfori said:

But also, because people only ever want high tier nowadays, there are quite a bunch of good mid tier premium though I must say most are overpriced as far as real money doubloons goes or even just Coal 

yup buying a ship here can buy you any game on STEAM, EPIC, elsewhere a NEW game when on sale...
Just bought Resident Evil Village on sale recently at SGD54.27, COD Black Ops Cold War at USD29.99

Edited by Andy_Siau