Vrea_Zwei

Punishment for "Inactive/idle/afk"

19 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
320 posts
29 battles

Oh yea. So, i got into my limit today. To WG Dev, please do dicipline pinalty to whosever idle or afk during the battle. Got tired on 4 battles, even my top tier (tier X) always afk on my team

Y3eFXbD.png

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

Until WG fix the problem with Long Lasting battle loading, they will only give AFK/Idle/Inactive/Dc player minimal penalty or not at all

The problem that WG have is: Non of their games have Reconnect Feature at all

Alpha Tester
1,063 posts
509 battles

Please read the Bug report section on people having problems connecting to games and consider that most of the afk people are high tier ships.

Beta Tester
320 posts
29 battles

Until WG fix the problem with Long Lasting battle loading, they will only give AFK/Idle/Inactive/Dc player minimal penalty or not at all

The problem that WG have is: Non of their games have Reconnect Feature at all

Please read the Bug report section on people having problems connecting to games and consider that most of the afk people are high tier ships.

Even their boat only moved a inch ?

Seriously, i see they are playing in game. But after 1mins or less, they abandon their boat with unknown reason. I understand to people who have low connections or low spec PC. But, this is different than idle/afk on your spawn point

[ADM_L]
Beta Tester
279 posts
895 battles

Even their boat only moved a inch ?

Seriously, i see they are playing in game. But after 1mins or less, they abandon their boat with unknown reason. I understand to people who have low connections or low spec PC. But, this is different than idle/afk on your spawn point

When your game crashes halfway through th game, your ship stops. Just saying. 

Beta Tester
320 posts
29 battles

Game crashes only when you're playing on low spec PCs or problem with your waifu. You got disconnect from battle because you have bad connections (in this case you can reconnect into last battle).

EDIT: And now, can you imagine when you have 2 or more ships afk even you know they are top tier on your team?

Edited by GS_Vrea

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

Tested, their Secondaries and AA even turned off

Alpha Tester
1,063 posts
509 battles

Game crashes only when you're playing on low spec PCs or problem with your waifu. You got disconnect from battle because you have bad connections (in this case you can reconnect into last battle).

EDIT: And now, can you imagine when you have 2 or more ships afk even you know they are top tier on your team?

True seen quite a number doing the afk thing when they match against me in my CVs.

Super Tester
1,779 posts
328 battles

I would rather have a reconnect feature, for those cases when I do get kicked off the game and hangs up on the log-in screen.. "oTL

Not all AFK's are on purpose, so it would be a tad disappointing if a guy who got DC'd (and unable to get back to the match since there's no reconnect feature) get sanctioned for being AFK in a match.. :(

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

It would not be right to punish people for being AFK in BETA lol, 80-90% of AFKers are dis connected yo......

this. just today while playing baltimore  i got disconnected and when i manage to reconnect the game crashes, i relaunch the and try to reconnect but the game won't allow me anymore. after that i have to pay 150k repairs because someone sink my baltimore while my game crashed. 

Super Tester
808 posts
1,399 battles

I would rather have a reconnect feature, for those cases when I do get kicked off the game and hangs up on the log-in screen.. "oTL

Not all AFK's are on purpose, so it would be a tad disappointing if a guy who got DC'd (and unable to get back to the match since there's no reconnect feature) get sanctioned for being AFK in a match.. :(

reconnect feature does work, however the time limit is only 2minutes which is much too short for most people.

There is also a bug where it'll randomly disconnect you from the battle, dump you at the login screen and you CANNOT log back in until the battle is finished. Extremely annoying bug and i've had it happen to me and quite a few friends in divisions of mine. Its only been here since 3.1 patch dropped as well.

Beta Tester
320 posts
29 battles

It would not be right to punish people for being AFK in BETA lol, 80-90% of AFKers are dis connected yo......

Like i said before. If you got disconnect, you can still re-login to last battle (even your ship under heavy attack and hope your ship not sink first)

this. just today while playing baltimore  i got disconnected and when i manage to reconnect the game crashes, i relaunch the and try to reconnect but the game won't allow me anymore. after that i have to pay 150k repairs because someone sink my baltimore while my game crashed. 

Your story just like mine when I battling on Fault Line map. But, i have 3 ppl AFK (1 on base, 2 maybe DC/Crashed/abandon ship) 2 of them are tier X Yamato and Des Monies, and the last one is tier IX Izumo. The Yamato got 1 kill when he move through the island, so i don't care on him. Des Monies too, but he just damaging other ships. Got no kill. In that time it was 6-4 both have 12 ppl, my team got lead, so its balanced. But when CV on my team said 1 ship afk and that was Izumo, suddenly Yamato says "S__t no backup" and he not moving anymore. Just like the crew abandoning their ship. So, he sunk by Gearing torpedoes. Same with Des Monies, but his ship capturing enemy flag together with me and other DDs (Kagero and Benson) deploying smoke screen. When enemy ships coming to reset our cap, (you know what happen) those US CA doesn't move or fire anymore!

Me on BB Nagato and other DDs moving inside the cap range to avoid being hitted by enemy fire, for now its 7-8. But when 2 shot hitted Des Monies, all my hope to win is ruined. Me along with DDs decide to kamikaze ships, I rammed Mogami and got kill him (so my kamikaze is succesfull) other DDs spread their torpedoes and killed by Iowa and Shokaku. And the last time, i dunno if Izumo is really, really afk or not. But his turrent moved to port side, just like he's not afk. Is that not make you feeling so angry with them? Seriously, if you be me, you will feel so f_____g crazy. And this happen almost 4 times in a day. Can you imagine that now?

Afterall, if you all want to reconnect feature battle. I hope thats the only way to solve this problem. And please dont make this happen again. Especially you AFK-ers!

If you see someone obviously AFKing (secondaries firing etc) then PM your replay to GMs/Mods 

Got it, I will take screenshot to people who afk on my team, along with the replay. And report it to WG. Request lock the threads for end of discussions

Edited by Vrea_Zwei

Super Tester
1,779 posts
328 battles

so secondaries doesn't fire if you got DC'd? or they still shoot at targets? I mean do they automatically turn off when you get DC'd and force your ship to afk?

Beta Tester
320 posts
29 battles

so secondaries doesn't fire if you got DC'd? or they still shoot at targets? I mean do they automatically turn off when you get DC'd and force your ship to afk?

Probably they pressed "P" key for turned off the AA guns, dunno if effected to secondaries guns