Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Black_Friar

Map/Range Imbalance

3 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
9 posts
319 battles

Just some things I've noticed so far.

Open ocean map..get rid of it or fix the range imbalance between Japanese and American BB's in the mid tiers.

Hotspot maps with fleets in each corner..unless you are going to bring in a single language for the game any form of communication is impossible.

So get rid of the maps.

Three tier spread, totally useless, and rarely worth playing at lower levels due to range and view imbalance.( being 1 shot by something you can't see is NOT fun.)let alone shoot back at.

Balance torp ranges,,10k vs 4.5k yer thats real balanced.

Bring in server hopping so ppl can choose were they want to play.(language barrier).It's no use frantically typing "clear my line of fire" or "watch out for my torps" if no-one can understand you.

Team balance..1 or 2 ships different is OK..5 is rediculous.( number of ships per team,type of ships).

The game has the potential to be spectacular..BUT..it's got to be fun and balanced to play.

Yes I know its a beta so fix it now and it won't become a problem later.

Great game .Well done.( now if we can just fix tanks..hmmm.).

Super Tester
532 posts
1,052 battles

Huh, what? 

NO. Ocean is the most balanced map in the game, and seriously, all these issues are addressed with getting good.

Edited by ExESGO

Beta Tester
146 posts
349 battles

Just some things I've noticed so far.

Open ocean map..get rid of it or fix the range imbalance between Japanese and American BB's in the mid tiers.

Hotspot maps with fleets in each corner..unless you are going to bring in a single language for the game any form of communication is impossible.

So get rid of the maps.

American battleships do fine in Open Ocean. Want more range? Mount the Fire Control System  upgrade in the modifications (tier 5 and onwards). You still won't have the range of Japanese ships but you get pretty close. Also at long range those Japanese battleships need to get lucky to hit anything much more something that's maneuvering so they have to get close to be effective. Open Ocean is also a map in which every ship is on a level playing field so I don't see the need to remove it.

Hotspot, communication is the least of my concerns of this map, even if everybody spoke the same language since when did teamwork happen in random battles? Unless you can find an actual problem on this map then it is fine.

Three tier spread, totally useless, and rarely worth playing at lower levels due to range and view imbalance.( being 1 shot by something you can't see is NOT fun.)let alone shoot back at.

What are you doing getting shot at by higher tier ships in the first place? 

Balance torp ranges,,10k vs 4.5k yer thats real balanced.

It is balanced because either way torpedoes are going to be detected long before they reach their target, or their target has changed course already at long range, to ensure a hit you need to get close anyway.

Bring in server hopping so ppl can choose were they want to play.(language barrier).It's no use frantically typing "clear my line of fire" or "watch out for my torps" if no-one can understand you.

Not likely to happen because people might just simply move to another server temporarily to take advantage in price differences in premium products hurting WGs pocket. Also before even firing you should look around to ensure your allies are not there, otherwise its their fault.

Team balance..1 or 2 ships different is OK..5 is rediculous.( number of ships per team,type of ships).

This is still beta, there are few people playing, this will get fixed once more people populate the server,

The game has the potential to be spectacular..BUT..it's got to be fun and balanced to play.

Yes I know its a beta so fix it now and it won't become a problem later.

Great game .Well done.( now if we can just fix tanks..hmmm.).

by most of what you said "Balanced and fun to play" seems to be defined as "tailor everything to my play style so I can dominate and not have to adapt myself to another playstyle" which is something that would just throw the game out of balance.
Edited by MARVinis

Sign in to follow this