You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
DDayCobra

Moving On (Back to playing more)

18 comments in this topic

[G-AB]
779 posts
10,493 battles

The first couple of days were entertaining actually, with all the drama happening. Maybe I'm just rather new, or maybe I just don't want to have more stress in my life. There is enough stress from work already. I stopped watching the vids continually harping on WG. Yeah, WG isn't perfect. No company is. But it gets old just seeing the vids complaining like that wife or gf that just keeps nagging. Playing the game doesn't mean you don't sympathize with those who were wronged, like LWM. Buying into the events doesn't mean you don't care. It's funny when you read loony conspiracy theories that say WG is into money laundering, etc. Hate on WG if you must, but spreading such unfounded rumors is a whole other level of low, possibly even lower than some of the things that happened. So no, I'm not wallowing much anymore into the issues. Maybe I might comment here and there about it, but I'm here to just play and relax and not be stressed out. That's why I don't go into rank or random either (I know that last one is for another topic, but it's to drive home that I came to just unwind and not be bothered by all the trouble of ranking or into a more intense combat).

• Thanks 3

335 posts
8,012 battles

@DDayCobra my gift to you tonight is the gift of paragraphs.  

If you are going to make a point?

Make it easy to read

335 posts
8,012 battles
4 minutes ago, MrJJ_sniper said:

That is a long paragraph 😮

I gave up.  In my youth I studied Latin, Complex math, Hebrew, Greek....I even studied women, well I played about a bit but I think that counts as study 😄 .......

None of them were as hard to read as that OP  stuff !!!

• Haha 1

[MRI]
4,441 posts
21,813 battles
1 hour ago, DDayCobra said:

The first couple of days were entertaining actually, with all the drama happening. Maybe I'm just rather new, or maybe I just don't want to have more stress in my life. There is enough stress from work already. I stopped watching the vids continually harping on WG. Yeah, WG isn't perfect. No company is. But it gets old just seeing the vids complaining like that wife or gf that just keeps nagging. Playing the game doesn't mean you don't sympathize with those who were wronged, like LWM. Buying into the events doesn't mean you don't care. It's funny when you read loony conspiracy theories that say WG is into money laundering, etc. Hate on WG if you must, but spreading such unfounded rumors is a whole other level of low, possibly even lower than some of the things that happened. So no, I'm not wallowing much anymore into the issues. Maybe I might comment here and there about it, but I'm here to just play and relax and not be stressed out. That's why I don't go into rank or random either (I know that last one is for another topic, but it's to drive home that I came to just unwind and not be bothered by all the trouble of ranking or into a more intense combat).

Well said. And honestly all this negativity just makes me want to tune out. There are more than enough stuff happening in real life to be upset or worried about.

• Cool 1

[G-AB]
779 posts
10,493 battles
1 hour ago, Thyaliad said:

Well said. And honestly all this negativity just makes me want to tune out. There are more than enough stuff happening in real life to be upset or worried about.

I just simply tuned out on the negative videos and even posts. I just focus on enjoying the game. I have enough going in my job, the pandemic and life in general. I don't want the drama going on to add to those.

• Cool 1

[OZI]
442 posts
11,873 battles
6 hours ago, DDayCobra said:

I just simply tuned out on the negative videos and even posts. I just focus on enjoying the game. I have enough going in my job, the pandemic and life in general. I don't want the drama going on to add to those.

Do you only play Co-op or that Naval one, against 'bots only?

Beta Tester
923 posts
22,818 battles
47 minutes ago, Majmac said:

Do you only play Co-op or that Naval one, against 'bots only?

There's nothing wrong with playing against "bots".
Play where you feel comfortable and be at ease.
I personally prefer "Scenarios" Operations as it is known.

[BELLE]
948 posts
44,877 battles
2 minutes ago, iDd_Sloth said:

There's nothing wrong with playing against "bots".
Play where you feel comfortable and be at ease.
I personally prefer "Scenarios" Operations as it is known.

Sloth plays those very well

Beta Tester
923 posts
22,818 battles
14 hours ago, SgtSullyNZ said:

Sloth plays those very well

Nah ... just following the preassigned triggers, expected AI conditions and behaviors.
Then deal with them.
As WG would love to quote it ... it's all in the spreadsheets! The DATA says it all.
-------------------------------
The minute changes in the AI did throw a bit of a wrench on predicted AI behavior.

[BELLE]
948 posts
44,877 battles
7 hours ago, iDd_Sloth said:

Nah ... just following the preassigned triggers, expected AI conditions and behaviors.
Then deal with them.
As WG would love to quote it ... it's all in the spreadsheets! The DATA says it all.
-------------------------------
The minute changes in the AI did throw a bit of a wrench on predicted AI behavior.

You are going to love Convoy Mode!!! PVP but so much better than randoms

[G-AB]
779 posts
10,493 battles

Well, I'm just going to rant on about someone, but not naming him specifically, though I found his post celebrating people review bombing the game on Steam. I think IMO this is going too far. The game is not the problem; it is how some people run it that's the issue. So how does this help? Not at all. It has made me go from sympathy to those affected by the issue (the CCs and some others) to just disgust at what some of them are doing.

• Cool 2

[-CAT-]
992 posts
14,129 battles
1 hour ago, DDayCobra said:

Well, I'm just going to rant on about someone, but not naming him specifically, though I found his post celebrating people review bombing the game on Steam. I think IMO this is going too far. The game is not the problem; it is how some people run it that's the issue. So how does this help? Not at all. It has made me go from sympathy to those affected by the issue (the CCs and some others) to just disgust at what some of them are doing.

Welcome to the world of Social Judgement Network, where your fingers can be as deadly as a guillotine, and your mind can be more toxic than Exxon Valdez and Deepwater Horizon spilled out combined together.

[KAMI]
837 posts
10,274 battles

Well, if said action managed to actually affect the game negatively, it can hurt WG's bottomline as a result.

Its just a matter of how far you're willing to go to cause damage to their company.

You can't just step into their head office and remove the people in charge. If thats how things worked it'd be too easy.

Note: I'm neither in support, or against their actions.

EDIT: typo

Edited by Verytis

[_RAN_]
14 posts
7,034 battles

I'm actually enjoying the game more at the this point than I was.

If WG wants to do something to make more $$, well, it IS a business and that is what they do.

Hopefully not all of the $$ in question is not just turning into 'pocket liners', but going toward things to improve the game, like more ships and even more modes of game play, better graphics and so on.

That sort of thing does not come cheap and the $$ for it has to come from somewhere.

A little off topic, but the main reason I'm enjoying the game more is the Submarines. They add a whole new wrinkle to the game and chasing a Sub in a DD can be a lot of fun.

Like Sloth, I play mostly Co-op and Scenarios, but I have had a go at Random.

Favorite ship for sub chasing at the moment is Akizuki.

[BLESS]
3 posts
17,302 battles

I would like to just enjoy the game, too, but seems like every day WG creates another disaster.

Consider just a few the screwups in the past few months:
Screwing up on the Cdn BB;
The flawed pts for the old Mighty Mo
The loot boxes for the new Mo
The flawed  new cash campaign for the Mo
The response to players
The recruiting campaign labeled whales
Glitches with the maps

It's gotten to the point where I don't expect the game to get better,. I just want Wargaming to stop causing problems.

[KNCOL]
477 posts
8,913 battles

I've been playing more and more recently actually. All these drama makes me take a look at the game if it's really as bad as they say. And to my surprise, it's still fun. I've recently fully upgraded my KGV, Z-31, and Kansas, and going up the French DD and Brit CA line. When I'm not playing in randoms I'm just blasting on coop with Flint. I'm recently just playing to get the new Dutch captain and complete the mission for the free LoGH captain. 

I'd say the game is more enjoyable if you just ignore the shitty playerbase (which also applies to all the games I play)

Edited by Ryuuoh_DeltaPlus
  • Cool 2