Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
DubbleTwice

Subs Suck

45 comments in this topic

6 posts
9,375 battles

Been playing since closed Beta.  100% Co-op player

Subs suck .... worse than carriers.  Always last to be found and killed.  You CANNOT fight them (in a fun way)  In a co-op battle I now have LESS ships to fight.

Fighting subs is boring and stupid.

Homing torpedoes are deeply stupid.

DubbleTwice

• Cool 4

Beta Tester
923 posts
22,818 battles

In Co-op the total HP of the teams is too little.
3 DDs + 3 subs leaves little to be farmed.
Games tend to dwindle down to hunting subs.

• Thanks 1

[FORCE]
Modder, Member
4,300 posts
18,942 battles

As if the game has ever been designed specifically to cater the Co-Op players....

It's really funny (in an odd way) to actually see rants from the PvE side of the community.

• Thanks 2

7,062 posts
11,684 battles
46 minutes ago, Reinhard_of_Avercland said:

As if the game has ever been designed specifically to cater the Co-Op players....

It's really funny (in an odd way) to actually see rants from the PvE side of the community.

I think the problem starts and ends with "100% Co-op player". Not even Scenario?

If WG continue to treat Co-op and Scenario badly as they always do, I'm sorry you pick the boring and unrewarding to play the game. No, subs are not good, but being "100% Co-op player" catapulted the problem to new height.

Edited by Paladinum
  • Thanks 2

[KEBAB]
33 posts
19,935 battles

DDs have benefit much from those changes.

CV rework => less rocket attack.

Sub => torps usually not focus on DD, DD can evade them easily, but DD can just drive through to kill a sub.

DDs now have 3 weapon systems that can work simultaneously. (Depth charges, torps and guns)

On the other hand, those reworks and additions bashed battleships hard.

I think WG indents to keep BB players at minimum.

In Coop, BB have taken up 3 - 4 slots in one game, but now only few of them.

• Thanks 1

26 posts
1,260 battles
16 minutes ago, iDd_Sloth said:

:Smile_izmena:  The Hunt For Red October 

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2
  • Thanks 1

24 posts
6,365 battles
47 minutes ago, smallbean2020 said:

Well, like it or not it will be here to stay. Learn to live with it if u want to continue play WOWS. Cheers! :Smile_Default:

Well that is the option I have already gone for. No longer a consistent player, definitely no longer a paying player.

WG can eat me. They are not thinking of how to make the game better at all, the only idea they have is more ships and classes, more imbalance and more shit games.

• Cool 3
  • Thanks 2

24 posts
6,365 battles

Those of us that tried them on the test server all pretty much decided the same thing, they arnt going to be good for game play in the long run.

Wg didn't listen as usual.

• Thanks 2

2,436 posts
13,604 battles
1 hour ago, New_Jersey_prpr said:

Now co op mostly ends with 1000 pts or red's base captured,not interested in subs at all

Submarines still struggle to find a niche and it seems that the current system of submerge capacity still allows a player/bot to hide in submarine as the last player alive and prolong the battle.

• Thanks 2

[151ST]
Alpha Tester
124 posts
10,912 battles

Not to fussed about subs, haven't played them nor will I and once they go into randoms I'll likely play the game far less than now. However what was WG thinking (apart from braking constant promises and making some their CC/supporters look like fools) - Yes I'm talking Hydro.................

Lets Help WG and give some feedback - WG - Hydro is supposed to find Torpedoes and Submarines.........When you are within 2 km of a Submarine and its trying to maneuver to torpedo you, it makes noise that the Hydro picks up........Pretty much just another example of a complete lack of thought pattern and understanding of IRL mechanics.

H

[H20]
2,152 posts
7,770 battles
21 分鐘前,Project45_Opytny 說:

Submarines still struggle to find a niche and it seems that the current system of submerge capacity still allows a player/bot to hide in submarine as the last player alive and prolong the battle.

Subs are painful to play and play against,when playing a sub,you are playing the most vulnerable vessels in this game,it can be killed with no effort once spotted,and sub's playstyle is very passive because you can only use torps to attack most of the time,and torps are the most situational weapons,torps hit,deal massive damage+possible flooding,if the target dodged the torps,you get nothing and need to wait for a long time before you can attack again. I literally played only 2 sub games on PT server and began to feel boring.

However,once everything goes on as your attack plan,subs can be very deadly,you know there's a DD if you are spotted,and you can take evasive maneuver to avoid those torps,however you can't tell if a sub attacked you or not because they can launch torps from STEALTH(I mean totally),I mainly play co-op and recently in some games torps are just coming from everywhere and sub's torps are hard to dodge if they are working as intended,not to mention sub's torps can turn to your ship just like missiles. In addition,even bots can survive a co-op game filled with real players and not get killed in a sub,it's painful to play against.

Playing subs well not only require good skills,but also needs luck. Subs are like those ships with bad specs but many gimmicks(which WG loves to make and sell recently),normally they are painful to play and they're inferior to many other same tier ships,but once everything fits your attack plan,you can have good performance on it(e.g. Fen Yang/Tiger '59)

• Cool 2

[O7]
349 posts
3 hours ago, iDd_Sloth said:

It will be the same when they come to Random.  Can you image it.

2 CV, an Ise, 3 or more DDs and 3 subs.    Leaving room for 3 ships (maybe less) either BB,  CA or CL

[TLS]
5,846 posts
24,614 battles

KEK.

This stillborn concept should have been aborted months ago, like last year or at least spun off to World of Warsubmarines.

The whole issue revolves that sub warfare is not what they are trying to do in this game. WW2 subs are slow and operated as lone wolves but in order to "accomodate" the world of fantasyships playstyle, they made nonsensical improvements.

• Cool 2

[BELLE]
948 posts
44,911 battles
1 hour ago, Jayde2405 said:

It will be the same when they come to Random.  Can you image it.

2 CV, an Ise, 3 or more DDs and 3 subs.    Leaving room for 3 ships (maybe less) either BB,  CA or CL

Subs need there own Mode, there is not room, even with max 2 subs in MM, there is barely room for others. As the game engine cannot handle more players, more that 12 vs 12 then this is not going to change and MM will get worse, as such people will find better things to do with their time, from my point of view.

Beta Tester
923 posts
22,818 battles
4 hours ago, Reinhard_of_Avercland said:

I've accepted subs in the game in fact I have no problems with them
What I'm having problem with is the HP pool.
The HP pool per game is so low and this will also carry over to PVP.

[FORCE]
Modder, Member
4,300 posts
18,942 battles
11 minutes ago, iDd_Sloth said:

I've accepted subs in the game in fact I have no problems with them
What I'm having problem with is the HP pool.
The HP pool per game is so low and this will also carry over to PVP.

Well in PvP there are many other ships that we can farm damage on.

I mean if the fuss here is related to the current Naval Battle which requires damage dealt for the stars, then isn't that what Co-Op has been? Matches are too short to actually farm damage while the bots are too dumb to stay afloat for a bit longer. Especially for the slow ships.

Beta Tester
923 posts
22,818 battles
17 minutes ago, Reinhard_of_Avercland said:

Well in PvP there are many other ships that we can farm damage on.

I mean if the fuss here is related to the current Naval Battle which requires damage dealt for the stars, then isn't that what Co-Op has been? Matches are too short to actually farm damage while the bots are too dumb to stay afloat for a bit longer. Especially for the slow ships.

Naval Battle or not damage dealt is directly correlated to income gained per round and this would definitely hurt the grind on T9 ships doing Co-Op.
Some people avoid doing Random not because they can't do it, it's to avoid frustration and stress.(as many have been complaining non-stop)
We came here to unwind have some fun and shoot some ships, not to have more stress added after a day full of stress. Hence why some people opt for Co-Op or Ops.
---------------------------------------------
We'll soon see the feedback once the subs will be implemented on Random.

• Cool 1

[FORCE]
Modder, Member
4,300 posts
18,942 battles
15 hours ago, iDd_Sloth said:

Naval Battle or not damage dealt is directly correlated to income gained per round and this would definitely hurt the grind on T9 ships doing Co-Op.
Some people avoid doing Random not because they can't do it, it's to avoid frustration and stress.(as many have been complaining non-stop)
We came here to unwind have some fun and shoot some ships, not to have more stress added after a day full of stress. Hence why some people opt for Co-Op or Ops.

Actually the income is still tied to the (damage dealt : ship's max HP) ratio. So the low HP pool should in fact be more profitable as long as you can chunk out the most from the ship. The only modes that use different income mechanics are Operations (which had been nerfed) & Clan Battles (fixed income). Although of course the nature of Co-Op itself is essentially what makes it a chore to grind things like exp & credits.

This brings us back to what my first reply here is about. You can either; pay WG for the premium account to boost up your income, or suffer the short end of the obviously "rigged" system.

15 hours ago, iDd_Sloth said:

I actually have been opposing subs ever since WG made the Haloween game mode specifically for subs because I figured out WG would break their words sooner or later. But now since they are just around the corner, I'm gonna just sit back & laugh whenever the same people who pushed for the implementation post their complaints here; whom some of them happen to be PvE players (a.k.a. the players who rarely get the consequence of their ideas).

• Thanks 1

[TLS]
5,846 posts
24,614 battles
26 minutes ago, Reinhard_of_Avercland said:

I actually have been opposing subs ever since WG made the Haloween game mode specifically for subs because I figured out WG would break their words sooner or later.

Ditto. Halloween subs were fine because they were mode specific and took a lot of liberties. "Real subs" on the other hand just don't fit unless you slap a whole bunch of tweaks and make them fantasy subs. Halloween subs were simple: point and shoot. 

[OZI]
442 posts
11,904 battles
17 hours ago, iDd_Sloth said:

---------------------------------------------

I do Random mostly. When I feel like just an arcade-style laugh, I jump onto PvE with my T5 & 6 ships (not BBs). I play one or two games for a laugh, enjoy taking out subs and then, when I tire of the boredom of PvE (usually after 2 games) I go back to Random. In PvE, I knock out the surface ship threat and then "go hunting wabbits" i.e. subs., as Elmer Fudd would say when after Bugs Bunny.

All in all, nothing to get worked up over.

Edited by Majmac
clarification

[VKNGS]
1,582 posts
21,636 battles
22 hours ago, Project45_Opytny said:

Not if your dds have rpf.

Sign in to follow this