You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Arzach

Should I equip IFHE for my Kitakaze?

5 comments in this topic

[SMOKE]
4,005 posts
22,152 battles

YES and NO

Yes, cause those 100mm guns already had 30mm pen , so IFHE will give it 37mm pen , good for most of those 32mm , even 35, 36mm deck, bow and stern.

But NO, cause 37mm at T9 still you are not going to do much against the like of so many 40,50, 60mm , and reduced fire chance could mean starting 5 fire vs starting only 2 in a drawn out gunning session. And its not like the HE damage extra really that much , also DE cost 1 less point than IFHE

Both can made to work , personal preference here , why not use this patch's free captain skill respec to test both and see how it play out for you

Edited by Mechfori

[IMS]
1,923 posts
22,777 battles
3 minutes ago, Mechfori said:

YES and NO

Yes, cause those 100mm guns already had 30mm pen , so IFHE will give it 37mm pen , good for most of those 32mm , even 35, 36mm deck, bow and stern.

But NO, cause 37mm at T9 still you are not going to do much against the like of so many 40,50, 60mm , and reduced fire chance could mean starting 5 fire vs starting only 2 in a drawn out gunning session. And its not like the HE damage extra really that much , also DE cost 1 less point than IFHE

Both can made to work , personal preference here , why not use this patch's free captain skill respec to test both and see how it play out for you

You using iFHE or not ?
How's the respec work for you?

[SMOKE]
4,005 posts
22,152 battles
58 minutes ago, Andy_Siau said:

You using iFHE or not ?
How's the respec work for you?

I used to use it before the IFHE nerf , now I just use DE .. the IFHE nerf from 1/3 bonus to 25% really kill most of the small caliber guns, DD and CL. the whole concept initially is for any guns equipped ships to be able to challenge and inflict for real damage using the skill onto ships a type heavier, but WG broke the game when keep introducing more armor and yet reducing the IFHE efficiency. It really should be +50% pen and -50% fire chance for any guns under 200mm ( but that still do not deal with those OP armor ) ;  +1/3 pen and -1/3 fire chance on any guns under 300mm ; and +1/4 pen -1/4 fire chance for any guns 300mm and above

Yeah people complain about HE spamming but then the game would not allow AP, torp and IFHE to work , so HE spamming it would be cause that's the only thing left

I've found that for most DD , pretty much the same , Extra Heavy AP got a buff, but with these small guns you are still not penetrating unless you are suicidal distance close to enemy Cruisers and of course still do not pen BB, as for DD you can pen them even before that .. might be useful if you really hell bend on hunting sub, well just not my cup of tea, but certainly work for those new German DD with 150mm.  DE also +15% when shooting at sub so that's like more practical , ASW going to be nightmare I would say once Ranked come in ..

I had a feeling that they would need yet another Commander Sill free Re-spec when the finally get Sub live ; cause while the skill there , really we cannot test them on for real Random

Edited by Mechfori
  • Cool 1
  • Thanks 1