Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
DPmin

It has necessery to CV's REBalancing...

20 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
2 posts
933 battles

I have 7tier US/CV.

and it is my subjective opinion. but... I think every CV user has same thinking.

Carrier balance are critically collapse.

specially US CV.

Carrier felt Great wall as defference 1 tier.

defference Fighters level,

defference ship level and hanger size,

and defference captain's skill...

and upgrade item.

those thing's make a Great wall can't jump over.

Specially, US Carrier.

They have 3 types <Flight control>.

Balanced/Anti-Aircraft/Attack only.

but we can use ony one type - anti aircraft.

because that is ONLY ONE EFFICIENT.

balanced setting is not good at aircraft battle and but also not good at attack power to ship.

Attack settig is not opponent as japanese carrier.

US Carrier's main attacker is Dive Bomber.

but it is Worthless at battle.

damage is too small, and arson effect has So Worthless damage and not activated sometime, specially higher tier.(because upgrade item and skill.)

so, US carrier has one rule at battle.- aircraft hunter.

but... it is difficult.

if 1:1(carrier only,/Assume same tier) situation, balace is OK.

but 2:2? balance is collapse.

japanese carrier's bomber are overruning.

If fighter's ammo has empty, US carrier can only wathing ally's ship sunken by overruned japanese torpedo-bomber and dive-bomber.

if enemy's japanese carrier is upper tier, US carrier is can Not thing because they are so many.

US carrier is Bystander.

maching system is problem too.

maching system is stick dive to me difficult situation.

sometime, my Ranger has fight Essex alone! Defference 2 TIER! and I CAN NOT THING!

in my opinion, those thing must be change.

1. maching system - carrier must same tier at game. (EX> 4tier VS 4tier or, 4tier/5tier VS 4tier/5tier)

2. buff US Dive bomber - dive-bomber's health, and arson effect's probability, arson effect's dot-damage

3. buff Japanese Dive bomber - health, bomb damage.

4. buff US fighter's speed

sorry, i am not goot at english... but I am so frustrating, I write this text. thanks to reading this.

Edited by DPmin

Beta Tester
2,718 posts
1,988 battles

MM - Yes.

Dive Bomber Buff - Yes.

US Fighter Buff - I bet many will be not be happy about this.

CV just need the choice of squadrons Freely - What I suggest is that use a Point system (Like in the Recent Call of Duty games) - For example you get 100 point in Tier 4 and a DB cost  (For example) 30 points and a fighter squadron cost 20 points, while torpedo bomber cost 50 points. This is allow the players to choose freely what they want to choose while still limiting the amount of squadrons at maximum or create any imbalance for certain loadout.

Alpha Tester
1,063 posts
509 battles

Firstly why must you create another of these threads when there are plenty already in the close beta section.

Secondly as always get good at the game, having a pure fighter module is good in some cases but you should try others, do not tunnel vision.

Thirdly I have seen a huge influx of "lets just say not as good players using carriers" after the 3.1 patch than it was back in 3.0, balance as it stands is almost near perfect now it's up to the players skill on how you actually control your aircrafts.

Last, I can understand you and I pity you as you yearn for the meta before the 3.1 patch where fighters would only engage fighters and bombers have free rein on the opposing team. This was what led to many people saying CVs are OP as there are bombers everywhere, fighters were completely obsolete. With this patch they let you select your modules before going into battle so you have to actually weigh how would you play the game and not have your mini "RTS session" with you sitting back away from the front lines doing you own stuff.

Alpha Tester
76 posts

i think we should consider to rebalance other thing such as smoke screen duration and it's cooldown currently i tihnk  it's give clear advantage for it's user it should be use only for retreating  not to blind someone and give them some heavy hitting or continue firing without getting spot in the smoke plus the smoke is lasting too long it's need some tweak i think

another thing to consider is scout plane survivability and it's refueling time due to torpedoes detection range nerf to old value scout is more important to spot them but i think it's too fragile and unreliable  it's need some buff and it's really pain for me that why we can't control floatplane scout or give it's waypoint in map to do it's duty as the scout not just flying around the ship waiting to get shot down by AA fire ( but this will hurt DD player ALOT )

Edited by reinforcezwei

Beta Tester
131 posts
2,030 battles

I think I can understand on very good point, at tier 5 BB i can take on a tier 7 BB, however I will most likely lose unless he does something very stupid or I get a luck shot in.

Cruisers are the same however torps play a factor. a tier 5 can kill a suprised tier 7

Destroyers are harder as a usn DD at tier 7 vs a IJN tier 5 DD, USN will win from shooting, unless he's surprised by torps.

CV's essentially a tier 5 cannot hope to beat a tier 6, and so on. The problem here is that not only does the next level up CV have better AA defence, speed, armour etc. He will also be able to hold more planes and in IJN more squads.

I think the older carriers need buff for re arming times vs higher tiers CV's. (think of it this way those old planes were much easier to take off and land due to their low speed and simpler design)

And USN fighters need more ammo. ATM the have same ammo as IJN fighters even though they have 2/3 more planes.

Dive bombers will change once the load out can change between AP and HE.

Alpha Tester
1,063 posts
509 battles

And USN fighters need more ammo. ATM the have same ammo as IJN fighters even though they have 2/3 more planes.

Loadout for each squadron is the total amount of every plane in it, in this sense USN fighter squads have a higher ammo count per takeoff then their IJN counterparts.

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

- Give more speed to USN Fighter but not as much as IJN Counterpart

- Give Dive Bomber F**KING AP bomb!! or make it almost as powerful as TB

- Give USN TB narrower Torp Spread, or bring back the old one (IJN TB doesn't really bother with current Spread since the planes per squadron are just 4, with up to 3 Squadron (or maybe 4 on Taihou and Hakuryuu), Stack it and you have 2 USN TB with very Narrow Torp Spread (Even narrower than USN TB even before patch 3.1)

Alpha Tester
1,063 posts
509 battles

- Give more speed to USN Fighter but not as much as IJN Counterpart

- Give Dive Bomber F**KING AP bomb!! or make it almost as powerful as TB

- Give USN TB narrower Torp Spread, or bring back the old one (IJN TB doesn't really bother with current Spread since the planes per squadron are just 4, with up to 3 Squadron (or maybe 4 on Taihou and Hakuryuu), Stack it and you have 2 USN TB with very Narrow Torp Spread (Even narrower than USN TB even before patch 3.1)

1. Current fighter speeds are perfect if you have problem with the speeds it's most probably you have your fighters placed at the wrong positions which is a bad move on your part, which largely depends on the player skill.

2. I stand neutral on this as DB as they are now are powerful enough it's up to the player on how to use them skillfully.

3. USN torpedo bombers already have a larger damage number together with a bigger spread of torpedoes which are actually good for battleship takedowns, this also depends on the player's skill.

See the common word in all the 3 answers?

Edit p.s. To note on the 3rd point again IJN bombers do have a tigher spread but that is due to them losing 1-2 planes every run on a high tier battleship before they drop the payload, Don't believe me? you can give it a go.

Edited by Halken_Sky

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

1. Current fighter speeds are perfect if you have problem with the speeds it's most probably you have your fighters placed at the wrong positions which is a bad move on your part, which largely depends on the player skill.

2. I stand neutral on this as DB as they are now are powerful enough it's up to the player on how to use them skillfully.

3. USN torpedo bombers already have a larger damage number together with a bigger spread of torpedoes which are actually good for battleship takedowns, this also depends on the player's skill.

See the common word in all the 3 answers?

1. For balance sake they said

2. A carrier itself made for destroying BB and CV, Current USN CV loadout force you to play air superiority which not very rewarding. And DB can only damage max about 10k to 12k and not very often since they eat more AA and a little turn can screw up the Hit, plus the repair and damage control ability BB have

3. NOW I wonder do you even ever score 6 hit with a single TB squad since the last patch?

The wide spread that they currently have is up to no good, since BB is huge target and it is absolutely better to have much narrower spread against BB, since the miss chance will be less

Large damage number ? Bullshit, tier 7 and 8 IJN CV have 3 TB squad (equal number torpedoes with 2 USN TB squad)

with very SLIGHTLY damage difference

And extremely narrower spread

I can see Taihou and Hakuryuu will have 4 TB already

Beta Tester
3,033 posts
1,487 battles

1. For balance sake they said

2. A carrier itself made for destroying BB and CV, Current USN CV loadout force you to play air superiority which not very rewarding. And DB can only damage max about 10k to 12k and not very often since they eat more AA and a little turn can screw up the Hit, plus the repair and damage control ability BB have

3. NOW I wonder do you even ever score 6 hit with a single TB squad since the last patch?

The wide spread that they currently have is up to no good, since BB is huge target and it is absolutely better to have much narrower spread against BB, since the miss chance will be less

Large damage number ? Bullshit, tier 7 and 8 IJN CV have 3 TB squad (equal number torpedoes with 2 USN TB squad)

with very SLIGHTLY damage difference

And extremely narrower spread

I can see Taihou and Hakuryuu will have 4 TB already

Somehow, the CV gameplay this patch is to make them waste repair and then light them on fire and flood them. You don't outright kill them.

Alpha Tester
1,063 posts
509 battles

Again I challenge you to have a Essex and try to get either 100 plane takedowns in a single match, or have clear skies within 5 mins of gameplay.

Once you have done either of those you will find that the exp gained for having a fighter moduled US carrier is also decent.

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

Somehow, the CV gameplay this patch is to make them waste repair and then light them on fire and flood them. You don't outright kill them.

fire and flood won't do much damage since they can use module and capatin skill which reduce such a thing

Beta Tester
3,033 posts
1,487 battles

fire and flood won't do much damage since they can use module and capatin skill which reduce such a thing

They will get the rudder shift time upgrade instead of the DC module. 

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

They will get the rudder shift time upgrade instead of the DC module. 

Ah, kids nowadays really like to Drift (on a battleship)

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

Why do you hate faster turning? It save lives.

Very unbenefiting for DD and even CV (apparently against sharp turning USN BB)

Beta Tester
3,033 posts
1,487 battles

Very unbenefiting for DD and even CV (apparently against sharp turning USN BB)

IJN BBs can do this as well. Most BBs will get it over the -15% to flooding and fire anyway.

Beta Tester
131 posts
2,030 battles

Loadout for each squadron is the total amount of every plane in it, in this sense USN fighter squads have a higher ammo count per takeoff then their IJN counterparts.

I actually thought IJN and USN ammo load out was the same per plane, not per squad, I notice more UNS Attack craft returning to CV's and rearming, and assumed their ammo load out was insufficient to destroy 2-3 squads of IJN attack craft or 1-2 of USN attack craft (enemy fighters are a bit different).

- No comment on DB until AP bombs come in

181 posts
905 battles

my .2 cents worth of opinion on this. I thought USN Carriers were going to be highly out matched by the japenese counter parts due to lower numbers and all that.

Having played my ranger for a few games last night, in the air superiority mode, ie the 2 squads of fighters and 2 squads of dive bombers I was having a blast. my fighter squadron could wipe out two japanese squadrons before needing to rearm. set both squadrons on to the same target and it turned into 4 squadrons before re-arming.

all up I got over 60 planes killed and about 5 or 6 hits with dive bombers for a good return exp and credit wise in a single game (after getting used to playing them differently) 

That changed my opinion dramatically. Not having used torpedo planes yet (torpedo planes are not bombers. They do not drop inert lumps of explosive. they launch self propelled weapons.) I cannnot comment on the USN lower number count but I'm assuming I'll be pleasantly surprised.

oh an in that battle I was the only carrier for my team and I prevented quite a few friendlies from being torpedo'd simply by having my squadrons move towards the enemy torpedo planes.

In all I would say the current set up for US Anti-Air is perfect. They do a damn fine job and it just requires a bit more skill and maneuvering to cover your team properly.

Edited by Spaar

Beta Tester
2 posts
933 battles

Firstly why must you create another of these threads when there are plenty already in the close beta section.

Secondly as always get good at the game, having a pure fighter module is good in some cases but you should try others, do not tunnel vision.

Thirdly I have seen a huge influx of "lets just say not as good players using carriers" after the 3.1 patch than it was back in 3.0, balance as it stands is almost near perfect now it's up to the players skill on how you actually control your aircrafts.

Last, I can understand you and I pity you as you yearn for the meta before the 3.1 patch where fighters would only engage fighters and bombers have free rein on the opposing team. This was what led to many people saying CVs are OP as there are bombers everywhere, fighters were completely obsolete. With this patch they let you select your modules before going into battle so you have to actually weigh how would you play the game and not have your mini "RTS session" with you sitting back away from the front lines doing you own stuff.

umm... first, i sorry that... click <report>butten.... I came here first time, so misunderstand that butten's mean;;; 

(because i don't know <quote>'s mean;;;) if you got any problem that, Im very very sorry. forgive me.

Im not say "US carrier must OP"

but I say, "US carrier must have something do in game"

yes, US CV is good Air-hunter.

but it has limitation.

critically, rearmament time.

IJN's squadron is faster than US squadron's rearmament time. so, they can have chance to without impediment.

it looks small distinction, but it be cumulative all of game time, and much bigger.

(if 7tier, 2 US fighter must driveout 5~6 IJN squadron. it seems endless wave...)

if IJN carrier catch that time, and sunk one of team's ship, IJN carrier is do thier job.

US carrier is not. it is so hard to US carrier sunken enemy ship.

but if I faild to keep ONE of our team's ship's from enemy IJN CV's wave, it is my fault.

these are divide game's direction.

if 1:1 situation, it is deserves to play.

but 2:2 or more, it is going to hell.

if not buff US carrier's fighter's ability, 

I hope some buff in US bomber for counter attack.

Edited by DPmin

Sign in to follow this