You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
ForsakenPandaQ

Some suggestions on submarines

4 comments in this topic

[RKNS]
16 posts
9,748 battles

This time I want to talk systematically about submarines. And following is personal opinions.

Submarines open up new possibilities for this game. I also look forward to the coming of the submarines. But I think there is still some problems with the submarines.

The first problem is about sonar pings.

Enemy ships will be warned and told the exactly place of sonar ping when they is locked by sonar. I think a little change can be made in this aspect. I will give the following suggestions:

1. Enemy ships won’t be warned when they is pinged by sonar first time. But will be warned when the same place is pinged by sonar for twice or all place is pinged by sonar more than three times totally.
  2. When you pinged by sonar twice at the same place, damage control party can’t remove that.

Why I suggest that?

Because, when It's easy for the enemy ships to know where the ping is. It means enemies is easy to know the general direction of submarines. Next, it's easy for the enemy to avoid damage from the submarines by changing their orientation. And the submarines are poor on mobility, which means they may can’t take action on movement in this map and make high damage to enemy ships in this game. You'll find that more players get familiar with submarines, more easier for players aim at submarines.

Second is about the guidance system of torpedo.

I think we can make this system more smarter. Then, I'm going to point out where it need more smarter:

1. Every time, torpedo will be guided to the ping-place. If the ping-place is changed, torpedo will be guided to the new ping-place. Sometimes it will disrupt the attacks of the torpedos. 

Actually, we can just divide the ships into two to four parts. DD for two parts. Cruiser for three parts. BB & CV for four parts. Which part you pinged, torpedos will be guided to the middle point of this part. But if you want to make more damage. You still need to ping same place for twice.

2.  Torpedoes need to plan its route more rational. For example, There is a mountain on the left, and no mountain on the right. But sometimes the torpedos will choose the route which will be hit on the mountain.

Interesting!

Finally, talk about German submarine. I don't think they're strong enough now. Short trop range. Don’t have torpedo at the stern. These two key factors determine that it is not strong. The main functions is not as good as other countries, no matter how special features it have.

• Cool 1

[AUSNZ]
110 posts
3,179 battles

Guessing you will enjoy the Developer announcement regarding the Submarine's torpedo speed increases?

[RKNS]
16 posts
9,748 battles
7 小時前,1nfy 說:

Guessing you will enjoy the Developer announcement regarding the Submarine's torpedo speed increases?

Probably, It's really a way to improve the submarines. But it is not certain that the submarines situation can be changed by this way. 

• Cool 1

2 posts
296 battles

I'd like to point out that sonar hit does not give enough (any?) point (exp. and credits). In reality, sonar hit often disrupts the target's battle tactics. Some will retreat, some will come full force, and of course, some is stubborn enough to keep on doing whatever they do at that time. In team play, the other team mates don't know that SS has worked hard to contribute to the team and often accused of doing nothing while in reality SS sends a lot of sonar ping (and torps which is often moving midway when the target is blown up by other ships). This is sometimes made some players punish SS captain with bad karma. Also you need to show to dead team players that SS are actually shooting sonar pings, just for the sake of letting them know SS are working too.