You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
xDreadHeartz

Feedback on Trash Playerbase

23 comments in this topic

[KAMI]
3 posts
10,161 battles

OneRandomBattleLater.jpg.3337be8bfa56ba60907d59b089a1ca43.jpg

Okay so usually I just read the forums for answers and watch youtube content creators for game tips and not post much stuffs (I rather spend more time playing the game than writing haha). If I have to write here, it means it's really bad... bad enough for me to spend 2 hours to write this feedback which I think WG isn't going to read them anyway. Since WG wants me to write my feedbacks here in this forum, I will do it lol.

As a competitive player and having at least 7 losing streaks almost on a daily basis, and 3 out of 7 games final scores are like this in Asia server... I have been questioning myself why I am still playing this game when this game just do not give me any joy.

BadPlayerbaseLineups.thumb.jpg.42f66ce38520369281a187c0f36cbbaf.jpg

Random battles are like this, and so does Ranked battles. So far Brawl mode is easy for me, got a 9-winning streaks on the last couple of days. Reason? Because some players have 0 IQ (harsh truth no offense - lol). I mean.. it's Random Battle.. I get all sorts of random -1000 IQ players doing -1000 IQ stuffs. Ranked... I feel sometimes, some -1000 IQ players should not even step onto that boundary. The only competitive game mode is CB where real player's skills are tested, and I love that a lot.

Anyway....
I understand how matchmaker works and I do not blame the matchmaker for matchmaking me into trash team lineups.

I think Wargaming fails to understand despite my many feedbacks I've personally sent to them, it's not the matchmaker that is the problem for this game. It's the playerbase skillset which is the main problem for driving competitive players away from this game. I don't know how many times I have taken a hiatus from this game (coming back a few months later). I think I would simply play this game when my clan mates and competent friends are online, otherwise I think I'm not going to play this game on my own and get brain cancer from this player base. I am going to play casually and spam sarcastic "Well Done" when my pro team does questionable things. Am also going to boycott spending anymore cash on this game till Wargaming listen and take concrete actions to improve the playerbase skillset. Till then, I'd rather spend that cash of mine on other games that actually takes our feedbacks seriously.

To be honest, I don't think I am the only one who is complaining about the playerbase skillsets these days. Famous World of Warships Youtubers have spoken, competent team (worthy) players have spoken, even my competent clan mates have spoken. I don't know if Wargaming is truly listening to our feedbacks and taking constructive actions to help the playerbase improve their skillsets better. There are just so many Commander reworks after reworks, what is Wargaming trying to educate the playerbase in WoWS playstyle? As a veteran player who has played this game since the beginning, I am quick to learn the new gimmicks and try out different high-IQ strategy playstyles. However, there are those who just play casually and they will not care about each of the ship's unique gimmicks - and simply just treating brawling ships (like GK line) like Sniper ships, shooting at maximum range.

Ranked.jpg.8614f7a8b013296b19f03579f4c25735.jpg

Ranked Battles is no longer a type of competitive mode these days. Thus... I always like to make this sarcastic joke that Ranked Battles is for "real players" 😁 because the losing streak in Ranked is much higher than Randoms. To me, I feel that Ranked should be for those who wants to be competitive and those who have the attitude to try their best to win.

Even if my team should lose a Ranked Battle or Clan Battles, they should lose, knowing that they had used their brain to think of a strategy and try their best to execute their plan. What many of us do not appreciate is players who are:

1) Clueless af, sailing around shooting random targets instead of focusing fire on 1 opponent, or sometimes sitting duck in the open to get shot from all directions.
2) No sense of area awareness and simply overextend themselves (especially for DDs, and they get either radared or spotted, and die in the first 5mins from start of battle / also applies to non DD players who just expose their broadside freely)
fyi for (2).. I sometimes wonder if they know how to watch for incoming cars before they cross the road in real life... I am very worried for them.
3) Taking the most passive playstyle (like going around big islands far to the 1-2 / 9-10 line and not able to support his team across the other flank the other side of the map).
4) Individualistic attitude (they are just playing their game on their own and there's no sportsmanship or team spirit in them). I think this one is the crucial one.

Year by year as time goes by, the playerbase skillsets are becoming more and more prevalent like this.

Feedback

Idea 1: I could only propose a suggestion to segregate those with low W/L rate and those with <7,500 random battle games (7,500 is just an example.. I am just taking a median average between 1 to 15,000 games played) to play with those within their level, and those high W/L and >7,500 random games.. to play among those in the high W/L groups. If you have a slow learner, you should put them with the slow-learner's group instead of putting them in the more experienced team. They are not going to learn anything if they are being placed with the more experienced team... they just simply earn themselves an express ticket called "devstrike" back to Lobby and the team lineup becomes a 11 vs 12 or 9 vs 10 (depends on timing of the day).

Based on the earlier screenshot I shared above of the final battle results, this was my flank:
- The Mahan was doing questionable yoloing against Z-39, Oland, and exposed to Baltimore and 2 other BBs (Mahan went back to lobby within the first 3mins).
- The Brindisi was sitting duck on the spot and his full broadside was exposed to many BBs who wipe his broadside (went back to lobby after first 5mins).
- ZF-6 vs enemy Z-39, there were many islands that made him possible to 1vs1 safely. I had HE loaded, ready to kick the Z-39 back to lobby, but the ZF-6 chose to smoke up and play defensive despite him having a lot of island cover against the many opponents on the other side.

That simply just left me and another player on this flank (2 of us) vs a whole lot of 6 opponents on the same flank. I don't know what happen on the other side, but simply striking out those 3 players, it was a 9 vs 12 battle, an unfair advantage. The opponent DDs were steamrolling without resistance and a ZF-6 that was supposed to be good in a DD-vs-DD fight decides to go full retreat even though he could have put up a fight to stop at least 1 opponent DD from pushing forward.

Even if I am in the winning team, it gets boring attacking "noobs" because it's so easy to advance forward without stopping and steamrolling every enemy players in the way without sustaining much damage because the whole team is pushing as a team. Base on my observations in the last many months, I notice the losing team players tend to start kiting back early in the match. When the first shot is fired from the opponent team, they would just cower in fear, turn 360 and kite or go on full reverse and kite non-stop (giving more grounds for opponent team to advance forward). This is the particular bad habit of this playerbase that I think almost everyone of us face on a daily basis. It is very annoying and very toxic.

I'm proud to say that I have carried my team several times successfully, or in most cases, even out the casualty rate of both teams before losing the game with honor. Whenever I see strong strong clan players (esp those in Hurricane, etc) in my team, I know I can relax because those CB clans tend to live up to their highly-skilled reputation for playing well. In conclusion, I feel that the weaker players must be segregated out from those who are more experienced, otherwise it will be unenjoyable for both parties and we see players quitting the game on both sides. Fyi, I have a friend who used to play this game, but he quit quite early because he felt this game was too hard to win. Despite me persuading him to return to division with me, he rather play other online games than this game. If one by one my friends leave this game and leaving me behind, I would also leave as well, and Wargaming can forget about making profit from me.

Idea 2: Increasing Random battle divisions to 5-6 players. Okay, earlier I mentioned something about individualistic attitude, right? I believe that the problem lies with this selfish behavior of many weak players. Everyone's playing their own game. Since World of Warship ads on Youtube always advertise this game as a "free-to-play competitive teamwork game, play with friends and win victories". Can Wargaming live up to this theme as advertised? or is this fake advertising? World of Warships emphasises a lot on teamwork and active communication as dreamed by Wargaming's founders, Wargaming should take steps to encourage team play rather than individualistic playstyle. By putting 5-6 players division in a 10-12 players match, it forces the opponent team to work together if they were to have any chance of winning against a well-communicated and well-coordinated division. Punish individualism, promote teamwork among own friends/clan mates. Solo-individualistic players will have no choice but to work together with the division, and even if they are being punished for doing questionable maneuvers or tactics, at least, whoever is in the coordinated division will not suffer from the rest of the weaker team mates.

Many of times, those who teamwork tends to get punished more than those who just play individualistic and passively. Having introduced accurate long range sniper ships, this has already encouraged this bad behavior among many trash players. If Wargaming truly encourage teamwork and communication as advertised, Wargaming should work towards encouraging stronger team bonding and stronger communications. Having maximum of 3-person division is not enough, the the 9 out of 12 players in a 12-vs-12 plays like trash, it's not fair for the 3-person division to get overwhelmed against a huge number of enemy players.. all because whole team died except the 3 players in the division. Having at least 6 in a Random division means, even if the team decides to throw the game, the 6-man division can still turn the tides and carry the team back to victory. 

On the same time in enemy team, facing against a 6-man division means the enemy team should not get too comfortable either. A 6 vs 12 is still better than a 3 vs 12. Otherwise, the "12" enemy players can simply just sit back and take it easy against a 3 man, they do not require too much brain energy because there's no challenge in that mass gangbang. Even if I am in the team of 12 alive vs 3 enemy left, those of us who did not score much hits will get very little exp and credits anyway even if we win. I know there are players who complain about that too even if they are in the winning team.

I See This as an Absolute Win | Know Your Meme for both teams.

Conclusion:
I suggest that Wargaming focus on improving the playerbase attitude and skillsets first instead of trying to do commander reworks over and over and over. You cannot change a 0 IQ player to be a 1000 IQ player simply by adjusting the rework to their playstyle, you're just making things worse for the game. Whether Wargaming actually opens this forum thread and read up to this point... (I do hope they do), I hope they can either use this proposal or come up with something within that line to improve the playerbase skillsets better.

If anyone else have a better constructive ideas how Wargaming can help to make a win-win situation for all, I'm keen to hear what others have got to say too. 🤔

Till then I'm just going to play this game whenever my friends are playing. Otherwise, I think I have lost interest in this game because of these trash playerbase skillset. While I respect that some players get their fun by playing this game casually, some players here gain that through competitive challenge playstyle, I highly appreciate that casual players look from my side of perspective first as a competitive player before commenting from your perspective as a casual player. 😉

Edited by xDreadHeartz
  • Cool 1
  • Haha 1

[LBAS]
2,392 posts
4,235 battles

Here is my advice to make your life happier...

"Stop trying to win"

Just look at unicum stat.... How the hell player with 60% is considered unicum? In other game the unicum player is usually someone who got above 90% win rate.

Also the game rng is rigged, the match itself is calculated. Too much....

MM or team setup is never be the problem. The biggest culprit is the game mode itself.

As usual... WG will skip this one

• Cool 3

[KAMI]
3 posts
10,161 battles

Lol funny to say, actually I've already stop caring about trying to win. I'm just playing casually these days, playing with my clan mates, avoiding typical Friday-Weekends. I'm just playing this game because my friend is playing, otherwise I'll be playing some other MMORPG games. 😁

Since there's no CB season at the moment, I have no reason to play seriously either. Even if I do play a few games, I would go for toxic troll play LOL. I mean since nobody is taking the game seriously anymore, I'll just be an annoyance to the opponent team lol. 

Anyway, I'm well aware MM is never an issue since, which is why I acknowledged that. You are right, I honestly do not expect Wargaming to make any changes and let this matter slide off, I do not trust Wargaming's words anymore. I don't know if you played a lot of competitive matches in this game (like CB or Ranked, Brawl, etc.). I only play competitive games and I see no fun in playing casual. Then again, it's individual preferences. I don't mind losing, don't get me wrong on that. But at least lose the game while putting in decent effort. Problem is, some players do not put any effort at all, and when they get killed early, game becomes unbalance and getting ganged isn't a pleasant feeling. Maybe you might not care, but do take note, some players do take offense.

Edited by xDreadHeartz
  • Cool 2

[TLS]
5,431 posts
22,214 battles

TL;DR. The short version in 3 words: Skill based MM.

• Cool 1

[XSA]
3 posts
4,088 battles

Glad you mentioned 'real players'... this has been a serious problem for a long time now. Just today I've met 2 'activate-when-hard-spotted' bots in 4 ranked games. How's anybody supposed to take Ranked seriously if people are botting there for grinding? And going further, how's anyone going to take the game seriously when botting is so prevalent? For a game that monetizes grinding and the frustration it brings, they sure have one hell of an ineffective anti-bot system in place (for reasons we shall not know).

Edited by BuIlet
  • Cool 2

[151ST]
4,045 posts
13,363 battles
7 hours ago, xDreadHeartz said:

I think Wargaming fails to understand despite my many feedbacks I've personally sent to them, it's not the matchmaker that is the problem for this game. It's the playerbase skillset which is the main problem for driving competitive players away from this game.

Ok, firstly. If you assume or even think that your personal feedback is worth WGs time, you're barking up the wrong tree. (They will more likely listen to a large sample size, not individuals).

In line with that, having a big spiel about being a 'competitive' player while having a WR that's just above average, makes you seem like a douche. Personally I don't care but you basically turn off half your audience when you use 'I'm right because I'm good' you turn off another massive chunk when you aren't 'that' good (compared to folks like Drakon, Hao and many others). You then go ahead and call a chunk of the playerbase 'trash' - - a massively douche thing to say and were this not Asia Forums I would have some expletives and insults for you simply for that.

Get off your high horse and stop being an elitist.

Next, the playerbase is the playerbase, every game has an average skill floor, WoWS is an arcade WW2 inspired naval shooter. That means that a large % will have less gaming skills than in other games as they are likely to be enthusiasts or just wanting to shoot cool pixel boats.

There isn't a lot that WG can do about that apart from having a robust education and progression system (they don't) or a more skill-based MM system (they don't).

The reason is that they want to keep queue times short.

Segregating the playerbase like that is bad for MM and is bad for some folks trying to see how the game should be played.

Larger division numbers are similarly as stupid. 3-man divs of decent or better players have a disproportionately large influence on the game as it is.

Making that influence greater is dumb.

However I do agree that teamwork could be a lot better.

But the only way that's going to happen is education and incentives.

Education - better in game 'how to' stuffs that aren't just 'watch this video'.

Incentives - overhaul the XP system to reward team play and such things instead of being so damage/kills orientated.

All in all, really poor tone and I disagree with your ideas vehemently.

Don't throw stones in glass houses.

Edited by S4pp3R
  • Cool 4
  • Thanks 2

[KAMI]
488 posts
6,065 battles

MM stacks teams regularly.

No one's interested but the reason there's so many crap one sided battles battles in randoms is that it is common to see one team with an average w/r of 46% vs a team with an average well above 50%. This makes it seem worse than it really is.

Throw in the radar imbalance which is just as common and meh, the game's fun but I don't give too much thought to w/r anymore. I just try and enjoy what I can and hope for some decent close battles, which is about 2 in 10.

• Cool 1

[LNA]
2,208 posts
16,736 battles

Haha, no. 3 player division is already incredibly powerful. Single handedly dominate a flank is little problem with a good position.

What you wish for is not competition, you wish for domination. I suggest you practice with your friends and get better at tactic execution and timing instead of ranting here.

This is what Sun Tzu would call :"Not knowing yourself". You do not look at your teammates. You do not know what they are thinking, nor do you set up alternatives. Neither do you account for them not understanding or seeing what's best. You only care about your result. This is a team game dude. They fail is equal to you fail. Get a grip and accept it.

Battles nowaday say nothing, as buying/selling account is rampant, and a newbie that is guided closely by a veteran do proportionally better than even 5k battles guys. I know caused i've guided a few know nothing.
What i see from your essay is that : You are salty(nothing wrong with that), and your suggestion are short sighted because it seems to me that you never have faced the top or really deal with players with very unique play. You just need to division up with really good guys. And learn to chill. Getting heat up will earn you nothing good.

Or JUST GET A BREATHER AND WATCH SOME MOVIES.

• Cool 1

[KNCOL]
258 posts
5,931 battles
20 hours ago, xDreadHeartz said:

I am going to play casually and spam sarcastic "Well Done" when my pro team does questionable things.

Welcome to the club! 854382235028684860.gif?v=1 

Idea 2: Increasing Random battle divisions to 5-6 players

Can I bring 11 competent players from my clan in a Random div to fight against the other team of 12? That would be better than the 6-ppl div that you suggested. 

If anyone else have a better constructive ideas how Wargaming can help to make a win-win situation for all, I'm keen to hear what others have got to say too. 🤔

Well then, he's my brilliant suggestion. Those with more than 3k random battles but <48% WR should have their account permabanned or be punished to PvE games forever.

854705132846710794.png?v=1 

Edited by Well_DoneX3
  • Funny 2

[MRI]
4,093 posts
18,316 battles

Unfortunately most games are one-sided blowouts now.

[KNCOL]
258 posts
5,931 battles
17 hours ago, dejiko_nyo said:

TL;DR. The short version in 3 words: Skill based MM.

How would this be implemented tho? If WG doesn't take PR as one of their approved in-game stat, I don't see this is going to be well-executed. 

[KNCOL]
258 posts
5,931 battles
16 hours ago, BuIlet said:

For a game that monetizes grinding and the frustration it brings, they sure have one hell of an ineffective anti-bot system in place (for reasons we shall not know).

WG be like-:

Taking care of illegal bot accounts 855427792246145034.png?v=1

Making money out of ignorant whales & illegal bot creators 606736124840247326.png?v=1 

Truly sad that this is what the game has become: a bot vs bot game

[SEARN]
[SEARN]
Beta Tester
806 posts
21,838 battles
6 hours ago, Well_DoneX3 said:

Well then, he's my brilliant suggestion. Those with more than 3k random battles but <48% WR should have their account permabanned or be punished to PvE games forever.

854705132846710794.png?v=1 

No way WG is going to ban 60% of their player population.
Specially if those players spend more $$$ than the all the elites combined.
Heck... those guys that you look down on are the one's the usually pay 100-200USD for a single ship.
And will jump on the fanfares that WG come up with e.g. loot boxes, early access and ....
In short, they are the majority.

• Cool 2

[-CAT-]
771 posts
11,703 battles

Random battles became a place where most player had to "Accept the Unacceptable, and Endure the Unendurable"

• Cool 1

[LBAS]
Super Tester_
2,135 posts
14 hours ago, Well_DoneX3 said:

punished to PvE games forever.

Definitely not a punishment.....

[BELLE]
547 posts
34,606 battles
12 minutes ago, LtDan_IceCream said:

Definitely not a punishment.....

so why are people considering pvE as punishment. There is more this than just Random, find people that are worth you time, like Clans like SEARN or groups like Social Wolves. Have fun, that is what games are for

• Cool 1

[T3M]
227 posts
6,721 battles

This is another veiled "When we win it is because I am good, when we lose it is because the other guys are crap" thread.

Just accept it and move on.  In several games today I have scored 20,000 and in several games I have scored 130,000.  Same player, same ship.  Sometimes I am the hammer, sometimes the nail.

I think I win more games when I do not score as much which is an odd trend but meh, whatever.  This is for fun.  ----> real world out there is for the crap in life.  Chill and play the game or go find something else to do with your down time.

• Cool 4
  • Thanks 1

[KNCOL]
258 posts
5,931 battles
17 hours ago, iDd_Sloth said:

Heck... those guys that you look down on are the one's the usually pay 100-200USD for a single ship.
And will jump on the fanfares that WG come up with e.g. loot boxes, early access and ....

This is how I see them......  

840549769410641931.gif?v=1 

• Funny 1

272 posts
5,707 battles
On 7/24/2021 at 12:37 PM, TsunamiShenShi said:

stop playing a time, play some thing els

Spot on.

I've gone from 5-10 games a day to 5 -10 games in two weeks. Now, I couldn't be happier with the MM :cap_like:

[KNCOL]
440 posts
7,697 battles

Complaining about how potatoes ruin games, but then when going against actually skilled players, the complaint is now about how you can't do damage or kill them because they're skilled omegalul

• Funny 1

[SEARN]
[SEARN]
Beta Tester
806 posts
21,838 battles
35 minutes ago, Ryuuoh_DeltaPlus said:

Complaining about how potatoes ruin games, but then when going against actually skilled players, the complaint is now about how you can't do damage or kill them because they're skilled omegalul

No, they will complain more about how sucky their team mates are.
And would state it as conclusive evidence to their argument.
It's anyone's fault but not them, since they validate that they are the most competent in the team.
----------------------------------------------
Always remember that people are forcibly teamed up with people they don't have coordination with.
Just random peeps that just want to sail and shoot. Regardless of what their plan are, the objectives remain the same ... shoot the reds.
Capturing points is usually ignored. They just follow the basic of basics ... follow where most of the green team goes and yes, tunnel vision is a thing.
Also giving commands to them is usually frowned on, the more you insist the more they become hostile.
And you who has more knowledge than them must find ways to use this to your advantage even if one of them is a game bot or a bot script.