Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
AshGOSU

Remove Detonation

24 comments in this topic

[MANGA]
44 posts
15,564 battles

What part of this is fun?

If you want realism, then one bomb, CV should detonate.

Like Kaga's sisters.

• Funny 2

[CLAY]
[CLAY]
Beta Tester
5,642 posts
27,159 battles

It is a weird inclusion.

Unless they were going for full simulation.

Which they aren't.

• Thanks 1

[CLAY]
[CLAY]
Beta Tester
5,642 posts
27,159 battles
3 minutes ago, dejiko_nyo said:

Hood should autodetonate.

Unless it waves a small scrap of cloth of certain colours on it's signal mast - because physics.

[NAVY]
40 posts
7,296 battles

Don't think WGs going to remove DETO anytime soon. At this point people just treat it as a meme.

P.S. Please give me a detonation. I need my DETO flags...

[CLAY]
3,537 posts
15,104 battles
4 minutes ago, KmonX said:

Don't think WGs going to remove DETO anytime soon. At this point people just treat it as a meme.

WG took away signal flag rewards for achievement. Detonation will no longer give you signals. Neither will any other achievement.

... Maybe WG want people to spend credits on that slot 1 upgrade which protects the magazine instead?

[MANGA]
44 posts
15,564 battles
6 minutes ago, KmonX said:

No detonation flags anymore, I just got detonated while 70% hp, just done 108k damage, 6 minutes in, kaboom.

[CLAY]
[CLAY]
Beta Tester
5,642 posts
27,159 battles
8 minutes ago, KmonX said:

...yeah... about that...

[AMPOL]
Beta Tester
293 posts
8,789 battles

Asked for this years ago for the same reason, back then it was fairly common not like nowadays, SO MANY "special" people posted to tell me it was realistic with comments about hello from ships like the Hood etc. as if that had some basis on the argument for removing a non fun mechanic in an arcade shooter LMAO 🙂 

Anyway I hope they do remove it completely, it has been quite a few years so those people who wanted have probably died of old age by now 🙂 

• Cool 1

[TF44]
574 posts
24,474 battles
42 minutes ago, Grygus_Triss said:

WG took away signal flag rewards for achievement. Detonation will no longer give you signals. Neither will any other achievement.

... Maybe WG want people to spend credits on that slot 1 upgrade which protects the magazine instead?

Its a genius move. give a problem. sell the solution.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Haha 2

[TLS]
5,309 posts
22,026 battles

Remove detonation, then remove dd ability to survive multiple bb shells. 

[CLAY]
3,537 posts
15,104 battles
16 minutes ago, dejiko_nyo said:

Remove detonation, then remove dd ability to survive multiple bb shells. 

“A shell passed through your ship’s bridge. While this did little damage to the ship, it impaled your captain. Captain skills are no longer effective for the remainder of the battle”

• Cool 2

[FORCE]
Modder, Member
3,319 posts
14,772 battles
1 minute ago, Grygus_Triss said:

“A shell passed through your ship’s bridge. While this did little damage to the ship, it impaled your captain. Captain skills are no longer effective for the remainder of the battle”

That's how it works in WoWp.

Pilot gets shot = all skills are no longer active although the plane is still controllable.

Imagine a Shima took that & suffer the serious concealment nerf for the rest of the battle, being caught by Daring & Harugumo far more easily.:Smile_trollface:.

[TLS]
5,309 posts
22,026 battles
5 minutes ago, Grygus_Triss said:

Excellent mechanic.

"A shell pass through the fire control team wiping them out. While the ship suffered no damage, there is no one left to put out fires and floods so DCP will be inactive for the rest of the battle".

• Funny 1

[SEARN]
[SEARN]
Beta Tester
671 posts
21,139 battles

Remove detonation, implement sinking mechanics when shell passes thru the hull from one side to the other due to overpen at waterline level or lower.

• Haha 1

[CLAY]
[CLAY]
Beta Tester
5,642 posts
27,159 battles

I know you are all being silly, but really it does just highlight how silly detonation is.

[NTSB]
Super Tester
152 posts
6,674 battles

The reason we need more Juliet Charlie flag lol

[BONED]
896 posts
12,845 battles
1 hour ago, dejiko_nyo said:

Excellent mechanic.

"A shell pass through the fire control team wiping them out. While the ship suffered no damage, there is no one left to put out fires and floods so DCP will be inactive for the rest of the battle".

In my Pusser days the damage control teams were scattered very very liberally throughout the ship.

Still reckon the simulator they had was some of the funnest training I ever did. The space was filling up with water and you had to dive under to try to reduce water flows. 

[TLS]
5,309 posts
22,026 battles
30 minutes ago, Puggsley said:

In my Pusser days the damage control teams were scattered very very liberally throughout the ship.

That was after the Forrestal incident where their entire experienced firecontrol crew were BBQ'ed in one fell swoop.

[MRI]
4,042 posts
17,937 battles

I have been arguing for this dumb mechanic to be removed for years, but every time an anti-detonation thread pops up, you have people bringing up the Hood and realism and yadda yadda. As though any of that is a good reason why this pointless mechanic should remain in an already very unrealistic video game.

[SMOKE]
3,030 posts
19,497 battles

Then we get that torpedo hits should give non recoverable speed reduction , Fire damage should had saturation , the list goes on and on .....

Detonation , well sure it can be annoying but there are far worse .. play DD most , should be the easiest getting detonated and yet not really seeing the point ... If we got to remove that , might be we should instead look at why HE would not bounce , or why Radar could penetrate land-mass or ....

Non issue is how I see it .. it's a classic game mechanism in most combat game , critical strike / lethal strike as per RPG style .. remember this is an arcade game.

[TLS]
5,309 posts
22,026 battles
14 hours ago, Mechfori said:

hen we get that torpedo hits should give non recoverable speed reduction

Instead that nets you faster reload times if you have the appropriate captain skill.

[TWR]
Alpha Tester
2,009 posts
6,747 battles

Don't remove detonation, our 2-3 ship in team if gets a detonation and enemy has 0 ships sunk, reveals obvious set up to lose is obvious. 

The rng reveals itself.

100% EVERY TIME IT HAPPENS IS LOSE.

Detonation USED to be about the rng trying to rebalance a battle....but now its got it around the wrong way, and the already losing badly team, gets punished further!.

[SMOKE]
3,030 posts
19,497 battles
3 hours ago, dejiko_nyo said:

Instead that nets you faster reload times if you have the appropriate captain skill.

Detonation now do not require any Captain skill, if we are to bring in that we are just making an already complicated issue even less able to be deal with.

That same with torpedo hit effect , as of now low tier DD got no range, mid tier got no speed nor damage and now face hydro, high tier , well we all know how when WG want to please the BBabies and made them all just decorations. Torp hit issue is another topic so I will not digress.

Even as one who play DD mostly I fail to see there's a need to remove detonation. It's something more to do with OVERMATCHING and the most suffered are DD and CL . if you would ask me , might be that mechanism need tweak to decrease probability on these light force but should made an increase on CA or larger.

Well the fact and the question is do detonation really happen often enough , to the point it break games. Well not seeing that, in fact they are kind of scarce, even to the point of rare. 

Sign in to follow this