Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Commander_Dusty

Farragut, to stock or not?

6 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
760 posts
6,922 battles

Decided to re-buy the Farragut after a getting my Benson, and just wondering if its better to play it on a stock hull over the upgraded one, as the stock torpedoes have longer ranges and the stock hull carries 5 guns over the upgraded ones 4, plus AA is kind of useless when in a destroyer as it has a hard time shooting things down and stealth is better than shooting 1 or two planes, thoughts?

Beta Tester
1,167 posts
7,494 battles

There's a few Destroyers that seem better with stock or middle hulls. I don't think Farragut's one of them, though. Its stock torpedoes do a lot less damage (11k vs 16k), and the stock hull has worse rudder shift time which is important for a Destroyer.

Beta Tester
760 posts
6,922 battles

Fair point, but the rudder shift time can be fixed with the rudder modification, and that extra 1km (5.5 vs 4.5) can mean the difference between getting killed by secondaries or not...

Beta Tester
146 posts
349 battles

Torpedo range is largely irrelevant, because it just get's easier to doge torpedoes the further you fire them. So I use the upgraded torps for more damage.

The hull...well. Personally I don't see the loss of one gun as a major hindrance. Also more health and better rudder shift time and the semi-reliable AA can't go a miss.

Fair point, but the rudder shift time can be fixed with the rudder modification, and that extra 1km (5.5 vs 4.5) can mean the difference between getting killed by secondaries or not...

That extra 1km could also mean the difference between hitting and missing.

Beta Tester
1,167 posts
7,494 battles

I suppose it depends on your playstyle. If you rely mostly on the guns (at range) then the torpedo and rudder disadvantage are less of a factor.

I'd also like to know if there's other important stats that change with the hulls - stats that we can't see. For instance, terrain resistance in WoT.

Sign in to follow this