Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Andy_Siau

NO more NEW Campaigns or Collections?

9 comments in this topic

[IMS]
684 posts
13,533 battles

WG introduced so many new ships, tech lines, nations, updates... BUT, especially shouldn't there be NEW Campaigns already?
Also, do bring back old ones for e.g. perm camo for Baltimore, some new Tier 9 perm camo missions (like the Five Epochs), etc.

Edited by Andy_Siau

[SEARN]
[SEARN]
Beta Tester
692 posts
21,273 battles

They are busy pumping out premiums bi-monthly.

---------------------------------------
Could use those T9 perm camo missions.
I love those!

[151ST]
3,995 posts
13,148 battles

I think they've made them all timed to minimise the number of folks who earn free stuffs.

There have been many campaigns but they've all been time-gated.

But agreed, we need more permanent stuff.

Edited by S4pp3R
  • Cool 1

[CLAY]
3,545 posts
15,179 battles
8 minutes ago, S4pp3R said:

I think they've made them all timed to minimise the number of folks who earn free stuffs.

There have been many campaigns but they've all been time-gated.

But agreed, we need more permanent stuff.

Yeah, that’s the problem. They time it to drive up FOMO and encourage people to spend.

Which is unfortunate. Having more permanent stuff would mean people have more reason to play the game long term. Newer players would have a lot more to do, encouraging them to play for longer.

WG would not be under so much pressure to produce new content every month, and could concentrate on longer term improvements.

WG should focus more on encouraging more people to buy premium time. Make that the key income, rather than the quick buck limited time things they keep bringing out which threatens burnout in players.

• Cool 4

[FORCE]
Modder, Member
3,325 posts
14,850 battles

Permanent campaigns are added into the game like once every 2 years. Epoch was added about 2 years after Halsey, and Halsey was added 2 years after Yamamoto.

So if WG still follow the pattern, the new permanent campaign will be added next year.

[TLS]
5,321 posts
22,034 battles

Because, campaigns like those don't make weegee: 

$

[-CAT-]
715 posts
11,496 battles

There is a "campaign-ish" in the game right now.... What they called hmmm??.... Ah, yes, Dockyard?? I presume they a bit similar-ish??

• Haha 1

[CLAY]
3,545 posts
15,179 battles
40 minutes ago, Sharr_Dextera said:

There is a "campaign-ish" in the game right now.... What they called hmmm??.... Ah, yes, Dockyard?? I presume they a bit similar-ish??

Similar-ish, but unable to be completed without spending money.

In fact, a lot of the missions available nowadays act as the temporary campaigns did, minus the ability to select and redo missions. Of course, they’re all time gated, unlike permanent campaigns.

1 hour ago, Reinhard_of_Avercland said:

Permanent campaigns are added into the game like once every 2 years. Epoch was added about 2 years after Halsey, and Halsey was added 2 years after Yamamoto.

So if WG still follow the pattern, the new permanent campaign will be added next year.

I don’t trust WG to follow any “pattern”. They will always make decisions based on what they think best benefits them, regardless of what actions they took in the past. This is the company who went back on their ‘promises’ to never have submarines in the game, and never have guns bigger than Yamato.

[FORCE]
Modder, Member
3,325 posts
14,850 battles
21 minutes ago, Grygus_Triss said:

I don’t trust WG to follow any “pattern”. They will always make decisions based on what they think best benefits them, regardless of what actions they took in the past. This is the company who went back on their ‘promises’ to never have submarines in the game, and never have guns bigger than Yamato.

That's a whole different kind of pattern, but I get your point.

Campaigns, Dockyard, and Snowflake still follows the original pattern with minor changes here & there like the doubloon cost per dockyard stage.

Ships on the other hand, are always quite inconsistent due to the ever changing demand and such. *cough* Hybrids, subs etc. You know, things that are often requested by those that don't have any idea what disaster they are asking for.

Oh and the "Allies vs Axis" game mode, which has been postponed with no further details. It's already one patch later than when the mode would have been released.

Sign in to follow this