Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
S0und_Theif

​📰 ST 0.10.7, Changes to Commander Skills

27 comments in this topic

[-CAT-]
4,182 posts
15,370 battles

ST 0.10.7, Changes to Commander Skills

Details of the commander skills changes planned for Update 0.10.7

Please note that all information in the development blog is preliminary. Announced adjustments and features may change multiple times during testing. The final information will be published on our game's website.

More than two updates have passed since the last commander skill changes. During this time we collected a lot of feedback and statistical data and, based on it, we both worked on balance and improved or replaced non-popular skills. Some skills also had some new effects added for the purpose of countering submarines, which will become available in Ranked battles starting in Update 0.10.7 

Please note that the names and characteristics of some skills can be changed during testing

Battleships skills

Line 1

Pyrotechnician

• Added a bonus: +15% to the fragmentation damage area of main battery and secondary battery shells, as well as HE rockets and bombs, when firing at submarines.  

Line 2

Consumables Enhancements

• The skill is replaced with "Brisk": increases your ship's speed by 10% while undetected 

Vigilance

• Added a bonus: +7% to torpedo protection. (Damage reduction)

AA Gunner

• Added a bonus: +10% damage caused by depth charges 
  • Added an activated effect: Ship consumables reload 5% faster while the ship's AA is active 

Line 3

Added a new skill (instead of Enhanced Anti-Torpedo Protection):

• Activated effect: -0.5% to the reload time of the Repair Party consumable for each potential damage value received, equal to the ship's total HP.

The name of the skill is currently a WIP

Expert AA Marksman

• Added a bonus: -15% to the reload time of the Airstrike armament (including the one of anti-submarine defense aircraft)

Line 4

Added a new skill (instead of Brisk):

• Activated effect: -5% to the main battery reload time and +5% to the dispersion of shells fired by enemies attacking your ship for each active fire set on your ship.

Improved Secondary Battery Aiming

• Added permanent effects:
    • -10% to the secondary battery reload time
    • -10% to the dispersion of secondary battery shells
  • Changed the mechanics of the bonus to the maximum dispersion of secondary battery shells fired at a priority target:
    • Activated effect: the accuracy of the secondary battery on a priority target gradually increases with the continuous firing of the secondary battery. The maximum bonus to the secondary battery from this activated effect is +50%. This can be achieved if the secondary battery was continuously firing for 45 seconds.

If the secondary battery is not firing for 15 seconds, the bonus to accuracy from the activated effect gradually decreases.

When the priority target is changed, the bonus to the accuracy on the new priority target from the activated effect is instantly bumped down to 75% of the accumulated bonus.

Close Quarters Combat

• Removed the bonus of -10% to the secondary battery reload time

Cruisers skills

Line 2

Pyrotechnician

• Added a bonus: +15% to the fragmentation damage area of main battery and secondary battery shells, as well as HE rockets and bombs, when firing at submarines  

Expert AA Marksman

• Added a bonus: -10% to the reload time of the Airstrike armament (including the one of anti-submarine defense aircraft)

Line 4

Outnumbered

• Bonus to the main battery accuracy and ship speed is now activated when there are not only more visible enemy ships than allies, but also the same number of them within the firing range of your ship's main battery. The bonus will also be active when there are both no enemy or allied ships within the firing range of your ship's main battery.

AA Gunner

• Added a bonus: +15% damage caused by depth charges
  • Added an activated effect: Ship consumables reload 10% faster while the ship's AA is active 

Destroyers skills

Line 2

Pyrotechnician

• Added a bonus: +15% to the fragmentation damage area of main battery and secondary battery shells when firing at submarines.  

Extra-Heavy AP Shells

• Added a bonus: +10% damage caused by depth charges

Aircraft carriers skills

Line 4

Hidden Menace

• Added a bonus: -50% to the height which planes have to reach to become invulnerable either after an attack or after recalling them to the carrier by pressing F.

With this skill active, squadrons will reach the height at which they will become invulnerable to AA faster.

With the release of Update 0.10.7, all players will have a 100% discount on the commander skill reset. All the details will be announced later.

Please note that all information in the development blog is preliminary. Announced adjustments and features may change multiple times during testing. The final information will be published on our game's website.

Links:

https://blog.worldofwarships.com/blog/175

Edited by S0und_Theif
Adding forum feedback link.
  • Cool 1

[-CAT-]
4,182 posts
15,370 battles
FAQs

Question Answer
Will the bonus from the activated effect of the Improved Secondary Battery Aiming skill accumulate if the priority target is not set? Yes, the bonus will start to accumulate once the secondaries start firing, even if the priority target is not set. Once it's set, the bonus will be applied. 
How will the bonus to the accuracy accumulate? 25% bonus from the effect will accumulate in the first 10 seconds of continuous secondary battery firing, and another 25% - in the remaining 35 seconds. Thus a 35% bonus to the accuracy on the priority target the skill used to give before the change will get accumulated in the first 10 seconds of secondary battery firing (25% from the activated effect and 10% from the permanent effect) 
How fast will the bonus reset if secondaries stopped firing? 

The bonus will be reset gradually, from 100% of accumulated bonus zero in 10 seconds 

These values can be changed during testing

If I had only a part of the bonus reset, and then secondaries fired again, will the bonus to the accuracy get accumulated from scratch? No, it's accumulation will resume from the value at which the reset stopped. 
Will the accumulated bonus reset to 75% if the priority target was destroyed, and right after that a new priority target was set? No, if a priority target ship was destroyed, and right after that a new priority target was set, 100% of the accumulated bonus to the accuracy from the activated effect will be saved. 
  • Cool 1

[LBAS]
3,644 posts
16,944 battles

I actually like the concept of Secondaries becomes more accurate and becomes a GATLING GUN once it reaches peak second. @S0und_Theif

[-CAT-]
4,182 posts
15,370 battles
3 minutes ago, IJN_Katori said:

I actually like the concept of Secondaries becomes more accurate and becomes a GATLING GUN once it reaches peak second. @S0und_Theif

Using hannover mechanics, but without requiring players to "fill a bar".

The question though is, will this work in the Asia meta?

Where most players are playing "4-6 Arctic Warfare".

Edited by S0und_Theif

[LBAS]
3,644 posts
16,944 battles
Just now, S0und_Theif said:

Using hannover mechanics, but without requiring players to "fill a bar".

The question though is, will this work in the Asia meta.

Where most players are playing "4-6 Arctic Warfare".

i mean there's still many used Brawlers, even on Coop Battles.

Brawls will be Deadly.

• Cool 1

[-CAT-]
4,182 posts
15,370 battles
Just now, IJN_Katori said:

Brawls will be Deadly.

in co-ops or ops, definitely it will be great.

Random and ranked though, ................ :fish_book:

[SEARN]
[SEARN]
Beta Tester
694 posts
21,273 battles

I like proposed the 2ndaries changes.
+50% at max potential is going to be deadly!
With these changes we're gonna get another free reset and for how long?

[LBAS]
3,644 posts
16,944 battles
1 minute ago, iDd_Sloth said:

10.7, i reckon why WG is giving free premiums for 1 day just for this special announcement.

[-CAT-]
4,182 posts
15,370 battles
Just now, iDd_Sloth said:

More or less 1 month.

Keep in mind that the skill will gradually increase, the longer your secondaries are firing.

32 minutes ago, S0und_Theif said:

• Changed the mechanics of the bonus to the maximum dispersion of secondary battery shells fired at a priority target:
    • Activated effect: the accuracy of the secondary battery on a priority target gradually increases with the continuous firing of the secondary battery. The maximum bonus to the secondary battery from this activated effect is +50%. This can be achieved if the secondary battery was continuously firing for 45 seconds.

it's not an instant +50%, but gradually increasing to a maximum of +50% if your secondaries are firing for 45 seconds.

[SEARN]
[SEARN]
Beta Tester
694 posts
21,273 battles
Just now, S0und_Theif said:

More or less 1 month.

Keep in mind that the skill will gradually increase, the longer your secondaries are firing.

it's not an instant +50%, but gradually increasing to a maximum of +50% if your secondaries are firing for 45 seconds.

I can live with that.
Just not this 35% we have now.

• Cool 1

[-CAT-]
4,182 posts
15,370 battles
1 hour ago, S0und_Theif said:

Battleships skills

Line 3

Expert AA Marksman

• Added a bonus: -15% to the reload time of the Airstrike armament (including the one of anti-submarine defense aircraft)

Cruisers skills

Line 2

Expert AA Marksman

• Added a bonus: -10% to the reload time of the Airstrike armament (including the one of anti-submarine defense aircraft)

A possible hint that Dutch BB are on the works (?). :fish_book:

[MRI]
4,046 posts
17,956 battles

Looks like Satsuma's and Hannover's activated abilities were tests for the new Improved Secondary Battery Aiming skill.

3 hours ago, S0und_Theif said:

25% bonus from the effect will accumulate in the first 10 seconds of continuous secondary battery firing, and another 25% - in the remaining 35 seconds. Thus a 35% bonus to the accuracy on the priority target the skill used to give before the change will get accumulated in the first 10 seconds of secondary battery firing (25% from the activated effect and 10% from the permanent effect) 

So compared to the current version, it is a nerf if the secondary guns fire for less than 10s and a buff if it fires for at least 45s. This is a slight nerf against DDs, because unless they are a gunboat DD, that DD likely won't remain spotted for long before dropping off detection. You need at least 45s of firing before this skill can be considered a buff over the current one. So a slight nerf against DDs, but a buff against cruisers and BBs.

Close Quarters Combat

• Removed the bonus of -10% to the secondary battery reload time

Too bad the secondary reload buff is being removed. I don't think that skill is going to be worth 4 points without it. I am going to have to respec my Secondary build ships if these changes are rolled out.

• Activated effect: -5% to the main battery reload time and +5% to the dispersion of shells fired by enemies attacking your ship for each active fire set on your ship. 

Might be an interesting alternative to Fire Prevention. Ships with super heals like Conqueror will love this skill.

Outnumbered

• Bonus to the main battery accuracy and ship speed is now activated when there are not only more visible enemy ships than allies, but also the same number of them within the firing range of your ship's main battery. The bonus will also be active when there are both no enemy or allied ships within the firing range of your ship's main battery.

This is a needed change. The current skill is a noob trap because you are almost never in a situation where there are more spotted enemies (who can drop off detection) than friendlies (who are always spotted) unless you really screwed up your positioning.

Hidden Menace

• Added a bonus: -50% to the height which planes have to reach to become invulnerable either after an attack or after recalling them to the carrier by pressing F.

With this skill active, squadrons will reach the height at which they will become invulnerable to AA faster.

Hidden Menace is an utterly useless skill because of how long it took for the planes to reach safe height. You would lose every single plane when attacking the enemy. It was certainly not worth the 4 points. Heck, even if it was 1 point I still would not pick it. The skill is more than just bad, it is actually a nerf.

Heck yeah is this change needed.

2 hours ago, S0und_Theif said:

A possible hint that Dutch BB are on the works (?). :fish_book:

I don't think that means anything. At least some of the current BB lines will get ASW airstrikes when subs are implemented, so I am guessing this skill is for them.

• Cool 1

[FORCE]
Modder, Member
3,329 posts
14,851 battles
7 hours ago, S0und_Theif said:

Consumables Enhancements

• The skill is replaced with "Brisk": increases your ship's speed by 10% while undetected 

If I'm reading this right, this skill will stack with Swift in Silence (which has the same effect). Which means slow BBs like Kansas can have 20% more top speed while undetected. Kansas for instance, can reach 27.2 knots when undetected. Which is workable as it is a bit faster than stock Yamato & Musashi.

7 hours ago, S0und_Theif said:

Expert AA Marksman

This means all the testings done on Dutch cruisers so far will be less relevant since this skill will be implemented after the release of the line. Hope WG postpone this one for at least one patch more in order to see if the Airstrike without the skill is already well-balanced or not.

[TLS]
5,327 posts
22,034 battles
24 minutes ago, Reinhard_of_Avercland said:

can reach 27.2 knots when undetected

when undetected friend. Like behind a mountain for 10seconds. >_>

[FORCE]
Modder, Member
3,329 posts
14,851 battles
16 minutes ago, dejiko_nyo said:

when undetected friend. Like behind a mountain for 10seconds. >_>

Are you implying BB players here to be attention seekers that put themselves on the frontline?:Smile_trollface:

[TLS]
5,327 posts
22,034 battles
9 minutes ago, Reinhard_of_Avercland said:

Are you implying BB players here to be attention seekers that put themselves on the frontline?:Smile_trollface:

BB players here prefer to pour concrete around their hulls at A1, A10, J1, J10.

[LBAS]
3,644 posts
16,944 battles

You can't postpone Airstrikes as they're balanced as usual because dutch bias.

[LBAS]
2,313 posts
4,150 battles

My Republique after 1.07

maxresdefault.jpg

Icon_modernization_PCM044_Special_Mod_I_ + Icon_perk_trigger_gm_atba_reload_bb_dark + Icon_perk_armament_reload_aa_damage_dark+new commander skill

Main Battery Fire Control Station

• –18% to main battery loading time.
  • –24% to main battery maximum firing range.

-10% reload time of secondary batteries.
When activated:
-10% reload time of main battery.

For each 1% HP lost:
-0.2% reload time of all armaments
+0.2% AA continuous damage.

Now Imagine at less than 50% HP with 2 fire :

(-18%) + (-10%) + (-10%) + (-10) = 52% = 12.48 sec reload!!!!

now... the most crazy thing

Now Imagine at less than 25% HP with 4 fire :

(-18%) + (-10%) + (-15%) + (-20) = 63% = 8.88 sec reload!!!!

this is not include at 10% HP and french special commander with boosted adrenaline rush

[SMOKE]
3,057 posts
19,534 battles

OK call me biased, but do we need more torpedo protection for BB when already there are loads of Hydro and almost every BB had decent torp protection already, Torp is already the lowest hitting per ratio without an increase of damage when BB / Cruisers / DD keep seeing increase of HP pool. Hey I've send full salvo of torp into a BB and seen it coming out alive ( those are not the most mean torp , but they are also not the weaklings ), and no DD skill to balance that out , I cry fault on this one

Edited by Mechfori

[SMOKE]
3,057 posts
19,534 battles

Dutch BB , likely NO, more like more BBV coming

[SMOKE]
3,057 posts
19,534 battles

My take : there is practically no update to DD skill at all, the 2 changes is there either a universal one ( for all type of ships ) or just for sub later .. DD also badly need defensive / survival skill , might be something on PM, SE

[BELLE]
499 posts
33,831 battles
14 hours ago, IJN_Katori said:

Brawls will be Deadly.

Grosser Kurfurst your time has come

[TDA]
ST Coordinator
6,026 posts
9,763 battles
22 minutes ago, SgtSullyNZ said:

Grosser Kurfurst your time has come

My beloved KMBB's clawing their way out of the grave.

• Cool 1

[-CAT-]
4,182 posts
15,370 battles
7 hours ago, Reinhard_of_Avercland said:

If I'm reading this right, this skill will stack with Swift in Silence (which has the same effect). Which means slow BBs like Kansas can have 20% more top speed while undetected. Kansas for instance, can reach 27.2 knots when undetected. Which is workable as it is a bit faster than stock Yamato & Musashi.

Not stack.

They will remove Consumable Enhancement and replace it with Brisk.

Brisk is basically 2 point captain skill rather than 4 point.

Kind of understand that it's confusing when it's in text mode, but in the stream, they explained this properly.

6 hours ago, dejiko_nyo said:

BB players here prefer to pour concrete around their hulls at A1, A10, J1, J10.

image.thumb.png.d79cc6fbf5d4207ed607a31d396923f5.png

P.S. Sorry I can't remember the episode on Satanya and Dog.

P.S. P.S. WG knows.

Edited by S0und_Theif
  • Funny 1

Sign in to follow this