Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
UnderTheRadarAgain

Things that make you go HMMMM ???

10 comments in this topic

560 posts
13,118 battles

So, now what?

So, I just got deleted in operations.

Nothing all that unusual about that, except how it happened has me scratching my head. Molotov in it's current configuration has 31,400 hit points. Look at the damage received, just 13,883 yet that was enough to delete my ship. Can't be a detonation as I had the deto flag equipped (always do for operations), so what the hell could it be? A bug?

20210707184132_1.jpg

20210707184052_1.jpg

20210707184058_1.jpg

1,859 posts
9,421 battles
19 minutes ago, UnderTheRadarAgain said:

So, now what?

So, I just got deleted in operations.

Nothing all that unusual about that, except how it happened has me scratching my head. Molotov in it's current configuration has 31,400 hit points. Look at the damage received, just 13,883 yet that was enough to delete my ship. Can't be a detonation as I had the deto flag equipped (always do for operations), so what the hell could it be? A bug?

20210707184132_1.jpg

20210707184052_1.jpg

20210707184058_1.jpg

It seems that damage recieved from Forts/Coastal Batteries are not counted in the Post-Battle Summaries screen.

560 posts
13,118 battles

Yeah, but 17,517 hp from a fort seems a bit excessive to me. I know one of them was still firing at me but wasn't doing much damage. At the time I just assumed it was the stationary Konig who one shotted me, except the result screen says otherwise.

1,859 posts
9,421 battles
12 minutes ago, UnderTheRadarAgain said:

Yeah, but 17,517 hp from a fort seems a bit excessive to me. I know one of them was still firing at me but wasn't doing much damage. At the time I just assumed it was the stationary Konig who one shotted me, except the result screen says otherwise.

There are at least two forts/coastal batteries in Operation Killer Whale that are perhaps based on the German "Adolf Cannons", German 406-mm naval gun on a single mount. And it can indeed citadel cruisers that misposition sometimes.

You may have also been set on fire by regular, HE-firing forts?

Edited by Project45_Opytny

560 posts
13,118 battles

The only fort that was alive and firing was the one behind the small gap nearest to where the Nassau and the DD spawn in  - do you know if that one has the "Adolf cannon"? That would make sense then. I've done killer whale hundreds of times and this has never happened before. Has to be a first for everything.

Untitled.png

Edited by UnderTheRadarAgain

[151ST]
3,995 posts
13,148 battles

have you got a replay?

[SEARN]
[SEARN]
Beta Tester
692 posts
21,273 battles

It would be nice to see the replay so that we can observe as to how things escalated to the point being discussed.

560 posts
13,118 battles
40 minutes ago, S4pp3R said:

have you got a replay?

Sure. 2nd to last battle today.

Thing is, knowing now about the forts with 16" guns, and that damage from forts doesn't show in the results (it should really), already explains what happened. 

20210707_182132_PRSC506-Molotov-1943_s01_NavalBase.wowsreplay

• Cool 1

[SEARN]
[SEARN]
Beta Tester
692 posts
21,273 battles

I've also experienced this happen to me but that was way back then when I was still using CA / CL and DD's in operations.
This kind mostly happens on lightly armored targets (CL / DD). No registered deto if it comes from land based fortifications.
You'd be left with only WOW! What happened?

560 posts
13,118 battles
4 minutes ago, iDd_Sloth said:

I've also experienced this happen to me but that was way back then when I was still using CA / CL and DD's in operations.
This kind mostly happens on lightly armored targets (CL / DD). No registered deto if it comes from land based fortifications.
You'd be left with only WOW! What happened?

Exactly.

Just watched the replay (first time I ever watched any replay - 2 years of playing this game) - definitely saw at least 1 maybe 2 AP shells come in from the direction of that last fort.

Oh well, lesson learned. Kill that damn fort before doing anything else. 

Sign in to follow this