You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Ryuuoh_DeltaPlus

There's no Yukon Uproar Here?

36 comments in this topic

[KNCOL]
431 posts
7,647 battles

I find it amusing how there's nobody screeching and howling about the Yukon debacle here when it's all the rage in NA forms, reddit and EU forums.

[TLS]
5,303 posts
22,011 battles

NA built ship. And what is the point of howling about it since we know weegee won't listen. 

Just do this instead:

• Cool 3

[TF44]
574 posts
24,364 battles

content creator need drama as part of the job to stay relevant. most of the 9-6 office slaves here logged in wows for few hours of pew pew only.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 2
  • Haha 1

[-CAT-]
694 posts
11,423 battles

We know, and we act in our cool and calm manners. I rarely saw Yukon (at least at tier 5-8 battles which where I usually lurking), so it might be an uninterested ship in our region.

• Cool 1

[FORCE]
Modder, Member
3,308 posts
14,722 battles

Maybe because we didn't set a high bar on that ship to begin with.

And the "Commonwealth gang" is the minority here, while NA is where a lot of them sought refuge to.

We have more pressing things that are worth our attention than something that caters to the folks on the other side of the world.

• Cool 1

[G-AB]
487 posts
5,708 battles
1 hour ago, Ryuuoh_DeltaPlus said:

I find it amusing how there's nobody screeching and howling about the Yukon debacle here when it's all the rage in NA forms, reddit and EU forums.

I even saw a couple of videos about the issue actually, but yeah I was expecting to see a thread or so about that debacle here as well, but guess not.

[BELLE]
478 posts
33,637 battles
1 hour ago, Reinhard_of_Avercland said:

Maybe because we didn't set a high bar on that ship to begin with.

And the "Commonwealth gang" is the minority here, while NA is where a lot of them sought refuge to.

We have more pressing things that are worth our attention than something that caters to the folks on the other side of the world.

Vampire II in Research Bureau putting it out of reach of a large portion of Kiwis, Aussies is way more insulting in my opinion. But understand LWM and Chobitttsu feelings on it.

Edited by SgtSullyNZ
Spelling and content
  • Cool 2

[151ST]
3,955 posts
13,053 battles

It's probably got something to do with the fact that folks down this way know what to expect from WG.

Honestly, I get being upset and I completely think the Anchorage thing (if true) was a douchebag move.

But we honestly don't know squat about what actually happened, all we have is their POC basically saying he was telling LWM/Choby one thing and WGNA something else. But his statement also read like someone taking the fall for a range and myriad of issues...

We've heard that WG have started negotiating things like the permacamo etc etc, but this is yet to play out completely.

Meanwhile, no one has actually lost their mind at the signals changes, which initially seemed like 'well it makes some sense albeit a dick move, the economy is overheated' but it's actually completely gutting signals and turning them purely into purchased content.

Which for those who manage to keep their eco signals topped up fairly well with skills, this will eventually equate to 30% or 50% longer grinds (depending on how you calculate it).

I have Yukon, she could have been a lot more fun (per LWM design) but anyone who tells you she is weak is only telling you half the truth IMO, she's weak vs T9s, otherwise she's a zombie ship that is fairly decent if you have skills and can manage her concealment and poor range.

I don't recommend buying her, and I love Commonwealth ships.

1 hour ago, Reinhard_of_Avercland said:

And the "Commonwealth gang" is the minority here

Wait, there's a gang!?

Why haven't they asked me to be a member... ... :Smile_sad:

#foreveralone

:Smile_trollface:

Edited by S4pp3R
  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Haha 2

[BELLE]
478 posts
33,637 battles

we are hanging out patiently for the first Commonwealth line DDs or Light Cruisers, long over due. More so than Russian CVs. 

Best wishes and lets see if things get better/ worse or bits of both, ie much the same.

Countdown to Anniversary and Halloween then Thanksgiving, Christmas so 2 lots of snow flakes I think. 

• Cool 1

[TDA]
ST Coordinator
6,010 posts
9,583 battles
2 hours ago, Ryuuoh_DeltaPlus said:

You've answered your own question.

We aren't NA, EU or reddit.   They are all like the angry old man on the Simpsons that yells at the wind.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Haha 1

[TLS]
5,303 posts
22,011 battles

The cynical part of me says it that we don't give a shit after our complaints re: VII was ignored by them with the reply "it is fine". "What goes around, comes around."

Edited by dejiko_nyo

[CLAY]
3,534 posts
15,026 battles

I know at least some of us have vented on Wolves and DL, but for the most part, as @S4pp3R says, we’ve come to expect it. This isn’t a case of an OP, or bad ship, or underhanded marketing practices, this is miscommunication and mistreatment of a member of the NA community.

We can sympathise with mouse, and be angry or disappointed with WG, but it isn’t anything new, we’re just not that angry. We as a server rarely get upset about how WG treats CCs.

Yeah, a few words were said about the Flamu incident, but that was more because some people here had a beef with him already.

That said, the event has influenced me to NOT buy Yukon. I wasn’t planning to anyway, but it was a T7 Commonwealth BB, As a Commonwealth fanboy, and someone who plays BBs regularly in Narai, it would easily have been one of those “If I had a discount/doubloons available” ships. She would have been fine in Narai

But as a ‘deeply mediocre’ ship, combined with how Mouse and Chobit was treated, combined with I don’t know if it’s worth it to invest in operations anymore since WG clearly doesn’t, I won’t be getting it.

• Cool 2

[BELLE]
478 posts
33,637 battles
2 minutes ago, dejiko_nyo said:

The cynical part of me says it that we don't give a shit after our complaints re: VII was ignored by them with the reply "it is fine". "What goes around, comes around."

Vampire II or VII? sorry a little confused which looks like tier 7 to me?

I do not think very many Aussies were given any input into Vampire II let alone how it is released.

As a money premium, at least It could be sold and some money raised for the Museum ship?

• Cool 1

[MALD]
544 posts
13,752 battles

Busy popping popcorns instead of joining in the rage on it:Smile_popcorn:

1 hour ago, S4pp3R said:

Meanwhile, no one has actually lost their mind at the signals changes

There's a few threads about it in here, but despite we voicing out dissatisfaction and giving advices, it's falling on deaf ears

• Cool 2

601 posts
7,082 battles

I'll say what I can about this issue.

To be completely fair, I understand LWM's and Chobbitsu's frustration. All their work for a lot of time, wasted because WG couldn't be bothered to communicate properly. Anybody has the right to be mad over that. I would be too. I have written around 10-15 threads on WT vehicle suggestions*, so I'm no new contributor to Russian-esque companies. If they have said "look, we don't agree with your proposal and have chosen to go with this" at one point before Yukon hit the store, I don't think people would be this outraged. Especially if LWM and Chob got something unique in return for their efforts. But neither happened, and voila, here we are.

3 hours ago, Ryuuoh_DeltaPlus said:

You see, WG operates in/near a region of the world- the Eastern world, which constitutes RU and ASIA, the latter moreso- where people tend to avoid conflicts for fear of it disrupting social harmony or order (my home island literally has a culture where conflict is to be avoided at any cost if at all possible). This is exacerbated in the sense that Russia/former Russian SFSR isn't exactly a shining beacon of transparency. As a result, people deny/hide stuff all the time in order to avoid conflict. This ironically tends to makes problems much worse than they should have been. Case in point, this is one of the themes in Craig Mazin's  HBO series Chernobyl. I wasn't expecting WG to be better than their copatriots in terms of communications and transparency based on this observation.

In contrast, the Western world (EU and NA in particular) seem to be far less conflict-averse than us, given how they grow up in democratic societies where everyone is free to disagree openly, no matter how nonsensical their arguments can be sometimes. Like my case of the Eastern world, this has its own problems too- people in the Western hemisphere argue over every single thing, no matter how trivial/petty it is. In my opinion, they pulled this off (kinda?) with the WV41 debacle, where we see nowhere the amount of meltdowns here as we did in NA. People there tend to be blunt and abrasive (note, tend to be), and say what's on their mind with much less regard as to whether it is offensive or not.

To them, our culture appears opaque, oppressive, dishonest and overly conspicuous. To us, their culture appears disrespectful, petty, brash, and disunited. It's more of a culture clash more than anything else.

These cultural differences IMO explain why Asia isn't as outrage-prone as NA or EU is. Our culture is bigger on avoiding conflict than resolving them, which means

1 hour ago, SgtSullyNZ said:

Vampire II in Research Bureau putting it out of reach of a large portion of Kiwis, Aussies is way more insulting in my opinion. But understand LWM and Chobitttsu feelings on it.

I honestly say this is why I oppose any "real" ships (i.e was at one point built or still is around) being in the RB- it just puts them out of reach for too many people. Can't say I agree with WG's choice in this one, too. I don't mind if they reassess their decision on this one and make it available for another, more easily accessible resource (yes, even steel). RB rewards should be paper ships. Maybe the way to do it is to grant a unique flag or something to those who bought it via RB, which satisfies both crowds to a certain degree

Then again, Colbert existed, so I can't say I didn't see this one coming.

3 minutes ago, GoodMorning_MFs said:

There's a few threads about it in here, but despite we voicing out dissatisfaction and giving advices, it's falling on deaf ears

I'm thinking maybe they have their own considerations as to why they don't take our advice. No matter how nonsensical that reason is for people, there are reasons companies cannot immediately take into implementation advice from their players. I did like 15  threads on WT vehicles, and only one was passed for consideration. Even then, the version of the vehicle that got into the game wasn't the version I put in the thread, but an upgraded variant of the same vehicle. Maybe they have their own reasons and roadmaps as to what to do, which vehicles to introduce, which issues to fix, which players to listen to, and more. I'd say unless we know as much as they do (i.e no information disparity whatsoever),  there's no way our suggestions would be 100% sensible and suitable to implement right away.

My attitude towards suggestions has been "here's what I think. If you wish to implement it, good. If not, I won't oppose your decision" i.e apathy. I do them for fun anyways- I don't make a living out of them, so I have nothing to lose by wargame companies not choosing to implement them.

As for Yukon, I'm not buying it myself. Not because I support LWM/Chob, but because gameplay wise it's a bit dull, being something of a T7 Monarch. I tend to the more... interesting premiums such as Kii, Scharnhorst, Odin, Graf Spee, Ise, Perth, or others with a weird gimmick or gameplay. I do have those so-called "high performance" premiums such as T-61, Z-39, Atago, Georgia and Massaschusetts, but my performance is shit so I tend towards fun more. This is why I'm kicking myself for not getting Anchorage (I was on hiatus from WOWS at that time). Yukon just doesn't fit my cup of tea.

• Cool 4

[BELLE]
478 posts
33,637 battles
10 minutes ago, TD1 said:

To be completely fair, I understand LWM's and Chobbitsu's frustration. All their work for a lot of time, wasted because WG couldn't be bothered to communicate properly. Anybody has the right to be mad over that. I would be too. I have written around 10-15 threads on WT vehicle suggestions*, so I'm no new contributor to Russian-esque companies. If they have said "look, we don't agree with your proposal and have chosen to go with this" at one point before Yukon hit the store, I don't think people would be this outraged. Especially if LWM and Chob got something unique in return for their efforts. But neither happened, and voila, here we are.

You see, WG operates in/near a region of the world- the Eastern world, which constitutes RU and ASIA, the latter moreso- where people tend to avoid conflicts for fear of it disrupting social harmony or order (my home island literally has a culture where conflict is to be avoided at any cost if at all possible). This is exacerbated in the sense that Russia/former Russian SFSR isn't exactly a shining beacon of transparency. As a result, people deny/hide stuff all the time in order to avoid conflict. This ironically tends to makes problems much worse than they should have been. Case in point, this is one of the themes in Craig Mazin's  HBO series Chernobyl. I wasn't expecting WG to be better than their copatriots in terms of communications and transparency based on this observation.

In contrast, the Western world (EU and NA in particular) seem to be far less conflict-averse than us, given how they grow up in democratic societies where everyone is free to disagree openly, no matter how nonsensical their arguments can be sometimes. Like my case of the Eastern world, this has its own problems too- people in the Western hemisphere argue over every single thing, no matter how trivial/petty it is. In my opinion, they pulled this off (kinda?) with the WV41 debacle, where we see nowhere the amount of meltdowns here as we did in NA. People there tend to be blunt and abrasive (note, tend to be), and say what's on their mind with much less regard as to whether it is offensive or not.

To them, our culture appears opaque, oppressive, dishonest and overly conspicuous. To us, their culture appears disrespectful, petty, brash, and disunited. It's more of a culture clash more than anything else.

These cultural differences IMO explain why Asia isn't as outrage-prone as NA or EU is. Our culture is bigger on avoiding conflict than resolving them, which means

I honestly say this is why I oppose any "real" ships (i.e was at one point built or still is around) being in the RB- it just puts them out of reach for too many people. Can't say I agree with WG's choice in this one, too. I don't mind if they reassess their decision on this one and make it available for another, more easily accessible resource (yes, even steel). RB rewards should be paper ships. Maybe the way to do it is to grant a unique flag or something to those who bought it via RB, which satisfies both crowds to a certain degree

Then again, Colbert existed, so I can't say I didn't see this one coming.

I'm thinking maybe they have their own considerations as to why they don't take our advice. No matter how nonsensical that reason is for people, there are reasons companies cannot immediately take into implementation advice from their players. I did like 15  threads on WT vehicles, and only one was passed for consideration. Even then, the version of the vehicle that got into the game wasn't the version I put in the thread, but an upgraded variant of the same vehicle. Maybe they have their own reasons and roadmaps as to what to do, which vehicles to introduce, which issues to fix, which players to listen to, and more. I'd say unless we know as much as they do (i.e no information disparity whatsoever),  there's no way our suggestions would be 100% sensible and suitable to implement right away.

My attitude towards suggestions has been "here's what I think. If you wish to implement it, good. If not, I won't oppose your decision" i.e apathy. I do them for fun anyways- I don't make a living out of them, so I have nothing to lose by wargame companies not choosing to implement them.

As for Yukon, I'm not buying it myself. Not because I support LWM/Chob, but because gameplay wise it's a bit dull, being something of a T7 Monarch. I tend to the more... interesting premiums such as Kii, Scharnhorst, Odin, Graf Spee, Ise, Perth, or others with a weird gimmick or gameplay. I do have those so-called "high performance" premiums such as T-61, Z-39, Atago, Georgia and Massaschusetts, but my performance is shit so I tend towards fun more. This is why I'm kicking myself for not getting Anchorage (I was on hiatus from WOWS at that time). Yukon just doesn't fit my cup of tea.

I am happy to buy premium time and doubloons it is in my budget range a weekend pass each week, and have bought a couple of ships, when I could afford to do so.

Love history, all our families are part of it, when you dig deep enough.

Do what fit's you, is all I can so with any degree of relevance. Enjoy the game in the ways it satisfies you, until it no longer does.

Catch up with some of you in Co-op or Operations, the very occasional Random/ ranked or otherwise.

[CLAY]
[CLAY]
Beta Tester
5,595 posts
26,962 battles
2 hours ago, S4pp3R said:

But we honestly don't know squat about what actually happened

What we do know is that a large number of people, no matter what they are into, love being righteously outraged for righteous outrage's sake and invite drama into their lives for... some reason.

2 hours ago, S4pp3R said:

Wait, there's a gang!?

Why haven't they asked me to be a member... ... :Smile_sad:

#foreveralone

:Smile_trollface:

I thought you said you knew the dude who runs Darklab?

#commonwealth-gang

#CANZUKforever

• Cool 1

[BELLE]
478 posts
33,637 battles
10 minutes ago, Max_Battle said:

What we do know is that a large number of people, no matter what they are into, love being righteously outraged for righteous outrage's sake and invite drama into their lives for... some reason.

#commonwealth-gang

#CANZUKforever

I joined a gang once, Royal New Zealand Infantry Regiment back in 86, and will defend my ANZAC Brothers and Sisters. Onward!!

• Cool 2

[151ST]
3,955 posts
13,053 battles
1 hour ago, Max_Battle said:

#commonwealth-gang

#CANZUKforever

Well yes... But he hardly listens to anything any of my personalties say... Right big ol fat ego he's got.

To make matters worse he thinks stating that is a compliment!!! 'I know, isn't it just the biggest?'

1 hour ago, Grygus_Triss said:

I know at least some of us have vented on Wolves and DL, but for the most part, as @S4pp3R says, we’ve come to expect it. This isn’t a case of an OP, or bad ship, or underhanded marketing practices, this is miscommunication and mistreatment of a member of the NA community.

Yeah it helps we have other server folks too, I love the diversity of opinions we get at times...  Monaghan BLUF - are you folks trying to break me? And Albany... ... You cheeky f$^^ers.

1 hour ago, TD1 said:

Interesting read, somewhat true IMO, although I think lumping in NA and EU together is a bit rough on both, likwise RU/Asia.

48 minutes ago, SgtSullyNZ said:

I joined a gang once, Royal New Zealand Infantry Regiment back in 86, and will defend my ANZAC Brothers and Sisters. Onward!!

RAE 04

I've worked with your Regiment's folks a few times, it was a bloody honour is all I'll say.

:Smile_honoring:

• Cool 1

[LNA]
2,181 posts
16,270 battles

Gotta ask : what'swhat's wrong with Yukon ? It's not Daikon.

• Funny 1

[-CAT-]
4,117 posts
15,203 battles

Not enough minerals.

After reading how WG treated LMW,

Not priority.

[SEARN]
[SEARN]
Beta Tester
661 posts
20,983 battles

It's sad to see and know what happened to LWM and chobits but seeing that they were dealing with an Belorussian Company.
They should in effect have things in writing.
There should be a paper trail to legitimate things at the very least on the NA side if not on the main office.(better if it's on the main office)
They do things slightly different in a way. More like ... if it's not on the record it doesn't exist. If there's no data behind it then there's no room for speculative assumption.
There's a lot of things that we don't know and what happened or how things went exactly as neither LWM or WG is willing to be fully transparent about it. (Seeing WG as a company, there's bound to be an NDA)
We only get the general gist of it or the final outcome of discussions and agreements.

Edited by iDd_Sloth

[LBAS]
2,298 posts
4,074 battles
1 hour ago, legionary2099 said:

Gotta ask : what'swhat's wrong with Yukon ? It's not Daikon.

short ranged BB with silly armor and the gun is terible compared to Royal Navy Gun....

just like when WG release KRI Irian is so damn weak compared to Kutuzov, Chapayev, and WTF with Pyotr Bragation? why dont KRI Irian have repair party.... who the hell need Torpedo reload booster? but that is not the biggest problem.... the main problem is THERE IS NO AADF option.... only Hydro. ship that treated like battleship and bought to fight Dutch CV dont have Repair and AADF?

and.... there is recent KRI Siliwangi.... its SKORRY CLASS, advance version of Ognevoi..... BUT THE GUN IS NOT DUAL PURPOSE, TRAVERSE SLOWLY, and very bad accuracy.....

guess what? Lo Yang have Hydro/Speed Boost/AADF option... where is that? why cannt have option of Repair/Smoke/Torpedo reload booster too?

hehehe complain too much, WG will never acknowledge ths after all....

[BLESS]
1,569 posts
13,794 battles

If you are going to volunteer to do unpaid work for a video game, you are volunteering to do unpaid work for a video game company.

WG owns the game, and everything in it. Always has done, always will. If you want to design a ship, the best you can hope for is WG takes your idea "rewards" your effort by making it available in game. You don't own the ship, you don't own the design, it is not your IP and you don't have any rights or any say into whatever changes WG makes to it.

It's so clear cut that I don't even feel the smallest sympathy for LWM. She should know better. Doubly so after what happened with Mainz.