Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
LeoN1das

Possibility

7 comments in this topic

[SALT]
116 posts
3,799 battles

Is that possible to change the MM not based +/-2 but +/-1? 

Hard to following the high tier when used t8 as example and matched by t10.

[-CAT-]
4,150 posts
15,281 battles
7 hours ago, LeoN1das said:

A lot of players has been requesting this. Probably even before I started playing WoWs.

The thing is though, WG will not make any effort to make the game into a ±1 MM game.

WG instead, made more complications by saying:

"If you are a T8 and you have played 20 games, that's the time when MM will take your game into consideration and will make you play 40% high tier (T8 - T10 battles) games and 60% low tier (T6 - T8) games."

Sometimes (or most of the time), WG ignores the simplest solutions.

Instead, they waste time and resources to make the problem more complicated and not even find a solution to fix the problems.

And they defend their "thinking / thought process / decisions" on why they did this. Most of the time, complicates things further rather than actually fixing things.

Edited by S0und_Theif

[NAU2]
46 posts
13 hours ago, LeoN1das said:

This will actually make the matchmaking like that of World of Warships’s much lesser counterpart World of Warships Blitz. The mobile versions of World of Warships and World of Tanks do ±1 tiered matchmaking. This type of matchmaking was introduced because Blitz maps (and teams) are much smaller, forcing close encounters almost every battle. Consequently, playing a -2 tier became extremely difficult and the matchmaking was changed. This matchmaking change is most likely not going to be brought over to our platforms because it’s unnecessary. To be fair, the ±2 matchmaking really doesn’t cause too much difficult anyway, even when playing -2. I believe this was also talked about in World of Tanks, where the officially accepted answer was ‘No, ±2 matchmaking is staying for Wargaming PC based games’.

Edited by _Raikii

[TLS]
5,309 posts
22,026 battles

@S0und_Theifbasically summarizes my view on it and 

26 minutes ago, PbKavarovsky said:

https://forum.worldofwarships.com/topic/240933-do-you-wish-to-see-1-tier-only/
They actually got a thread in the NA forum going talking about this idea, but the post is too long I did not even bother to start reading.

This will impact on the overall waiting times severely. It is basically what we had before as single tier ranked which is actually fine but to quote weegee "will impact waiting times"

What people who think +/-2 is "okay" seem to ignore that it impacts ship balancing as well. It means that a ship needs to be balanced for 5 tier levels as opposed to 3, eg. a T7 must be able to be viable in T9. While some ships can perform at +2, the most clear impact is ships with short ranges that get outmatched (~15km vs 19km). Let's not even get into range mods and armour schemes. See how The Sushi bullies T7s. By balancing for smaller ranges, you get better designed ships and less "balans" issues. "Fun and engaging" is not a word I would use as a Fiji/Myoko when uptiered in a match full of T9s. 

+/-1 IMHO is a good compromise opposed to 0 and +/-2. And why do should weegee should care about waiting times at peak hours if they can manage to keep their player base or improve on it... Oh wait. They can't keep the player base after all the fubars they have been making over the past 3 years. My bad. I "forgot" all about it. I've seen the player population graphs on rutapi and it is trending downwards ever so slightly since 2015.

To answer your question in one word: No. Weeeeegeee mindset too stuck in the concrete like an ostrich's head in the sand to change.

Edited by dejiko_nyo
  • Thanks 1

[FORCE]
Modder, Member
3,319 posts
14,772 battles
8 minutes ago, dejiko_nyo said:

-snip-

That reason is getting old & not even holding the truth. If you play during the low hours, the current -/+ 2 system will still put you in the long queue times and eventually the system decides to put the AI-controlled bots on both teams equally once the queue timer passes 3 minute mark.

Sure, on Ranked it's a different story. But that's the very consequence of region-based server distributions. Something that could have been avoided if the game ran on global server.

• Cool 2

[TLS]
5,309 posts
22,026 battles
2 minutes ago, Reinhard_of_Avercland said:

That reason is getting old & not even holding the truth. If you play during the low hours, the current -/+ 2 system will still put you in the long queue times and eventually the system decides to put the AI-controlled bots on both teams equally once the queue timer passes 3 minute mark.

Sure, on Ranked it's a different story. But that's the very consequence of region-based server distributions. Something that could have been avoided if the game ran on global server.

Yeap. The solutions are obviously simple but the implementation is "too hard". Suspicion falls onto the game engine and its ability to handle it though. 

To be very honest here, this month I have been playing primarily GBs because of its +/-1 MM. You get T9/10s only for 9 (or was it 10) players. Even now when people have gravitated away from the mode, the waiting times aren't an issue. I have been waiting in 1CV/18BB/2CA/6DD queues and it eventually puts me in a game in about a minute or so. For CA/DDs that is. If you want to play an overloaded class, well, then you have to accept that the waiting time will be long. 

• Cool 3

Sign in to follow this