Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Cyberwaste

Reported for.... ?

29 comments in this topic

561 posts
13,118 battles

Ignore the reports like that - there is no way to know how another persons defective brain works. All you can do is analyse your own performance and think about what you could have done differently and if that would have made any difference to the outcome.

Sometimes the person who reports you is on the red team, and reports you for making his game "less fun". The game does not tell you anything about who reported you, nor does it tell you anything about what the report was for.

Heck the last time I was "reported" was in grand battles mode (in my Yoshino) when I had no option but to kite away from 2 unspotted DD's who kept a steady stream of torps coming my way. The rest of the team had lemming trained to the other flank at the start of the game. Team lost and I didn't have a good score. Most of both teams were still alive at the end of the game as well (top scorer on the winning team had barely 1600 base xp).

Ignore reports, they serve no real practical purpose other than to mess with your head.

• Cool 1

[TF44]
408 posts
5,325 battles
16 minutes ago, Cyberwaste said:

Tried to hold a flank against a Montana and Conqueror with my Soyuz. Got reported for keeping them back half the match. Karma is a good system.

Do you think it was deserved? What would you have done?

20210705_182736_PRSB109-Sovetsky-Soyuz_18_NE_ice_islands.wowsreplay

Here's a minimap render of that match:

• Cool 1

[REPOI]
363 posts
14,744 battles

Your mistake was taking the Karma system seriously. Why bother with Karma in the first place?

The system is never been used properly. You strike me, I report you. You do well, I report you. You made me enjoy (HE Spam) my game, I report you.
And the list above goes on and on.

Again, its all about perception. You may view yourself as doing your part but others might not have. Each player views stuff differently.
Let me tell you I have been reported constantly, even when I am not talking in chat, just doing what I must to win the game, HE spamming them to death, hydro a smoked up DD and send him back to port.

So here is my word to you, take the karma system with an extra pinch of salt. Don't get too hooked up with it.
You pretty much gain nothing from high/low karma (Other than being able to dish out more report/compliments). Unless to feed your own ego to see a high karma value but I can tell you, it pretty much means nothing.
Take your head out of the karma system, you do you. Move on.

• Cool 9
  • Haha 1

[LBAS]
2,313 posts
4,150 battles
50 minutes ago, Cyberwaste said:

Tried to hold a flank against a Montana and Conqueror with my Soyuz.

34 minutes ago, notyourfather said:

based on this render.... its obvious...... that is not holding a Flank

___________________________________________________________________________________

i am not judging you are doing right or wrong but....

getting bad karma is really common. its not only by your ally but enemy as well.....

• Cool 1

[CLAY]
[CLAY]
Beta Tester
5,665 posts
27,333 battles

Makra Gud.

• Funny 1

[MRI]
4,046 posts
17,956 battles
1 hour ago, notyourfather said:

Based on this it was probably the DM that reportedly you. From his perspective it looked like you just gave up that flank and left him to die.

Though in your defence, the DM's position was really bad. He had gotten himself pinned down behind that island and it was a CV game (with an FDR no less), meaning that the enemy CV was able to hammer him since he was too far from allied AA and he couldn't manoeuvre.

The ZF-6 abandoning that flank was also partially responsible, since without the DD threat those BBs could just walk up to the DM and kill him without fear of torps.

Basically someone got themself into a bad position and got killed, then blamed their teammates for it. Could you have done better? Maybe. Doesn't change the fact their position was still bad.

• Cool 1

[CLAY]
3,545 posts
15,188 battles

Once upon a time, way back when I was playing... Nagato, I think. I played a decent game, didn't do anything bad. There was another Nagato in the game on our team, he was AFK.

I got reported twice. I am pretty sure this was because someone said "report Nagato, he's AFK", and some players never checked to see *which* Nagato.

The system relies on the players. Its only as smart as the players.

• Funny 3
  • Haha 1

[STUN]
215 posts

Karma system is plain and simple broken. WG should just remove it. I was reported by a DD player because he ran into from my portside aft trying to overtake my Nurnberg but didn't make it. He then tried to turn into me to push me out of the way (yeah like a DD is going to push a cruiser around...) but obviously failed while I kept going straight and he kept trying for at least 30 secs while tooting his horn. He finally gave up and backed off to get his nose out of my side. After the game I noticed I got reported. WTF is with moron players?  Just report them back and ignore the Karma system.

[SEARN]
[SEARN]
Beta Tester
695 posts
21,273 battles

Just ignore that karma.
It's means little to nothing.

• Thanks 1

[-CAT-]
716 posts
11,497 battles

WoWs karma? Ignorance is a bliss.

Unless if sometime in the future, they make it into another ridiculous resource.

Edited by Sharr_Dextera

107 posts
9,186 battles

Just ignore them mate. I have never been bothered about them. It has close to no effect. Some players are brain dead like others have mentioned and yeah this is one of the toxic behaviours of an average WOWs player. I get reported all the time as a CV player. Sometimes even by my own team for doing well. Baffles me sometimes. 

[NAU2]
46 posts
8 hours ago, AdmiralYamamoto8 said:

Just ignore them mate. I have never been bothered about them. It has close to no effect. Some players are brain dead like others have mentioned and yeah this is one of the toxic behaviours of an average WOWs player. I get reported all the time as a CV player. Sometimes even by my own team for doing well. Baffles me sometimes. 

You might be doing something wrong. I don’t think I’ve ever been reported when using CVs. Spotting should always be your priority, damage will come along anyway. In fact, try and do everything your team tells you to do.. yes, almost every ‘I need intelligence data’ should be responded to by the CV. 

Biggest mistake by CV players is not listening to the team, and instead trying to farm damage. I really only have around ~70k average damage in M.Richthofen but am maintaining a 70% win rate. Of course there will be battles where the bombers just have to come out, and then I’ll be hitting the 6 digit numbers but that’s only if I desperately must do damage for my team.

I agree the karma system isn’t very robust, but getting reported frequently might be a sign that there’s room open for you to improve. Other than that, good luck and have fun.

Edited by _Raikii

107 posts
9,186 battles
1 hour ago, _Raikii said:

You might be doing something wrong. I don’t think I’ve ever been reported when using CVs. Spotting should always be your priority, damage will come along anyway. In fact, try and do everything your team tells you to do.. yes, almost every ‘I need intelligence data’ should be responded to by the CV. 

Biggest mistake by CV players is not listening to the team, and instead trying to farm damage. I really only have around ~70k average damage in M.Richthofen but am maintaining a 70% win rate. Of course there will be battles where the bombers just have to come out, and then I’ll be hitting the 6 digit numbers but that’s only if I desperately must do damage for my team.

I agree the karma system isn’t very robust, but getting reported frequently might be a sign that there’s room open for you to improve. Other than that, good luck and have fun.

I always spot. I even go after DDs in AP rocket planes and torps just to reset caps and what not. To put things in perspective, I have been reported by my own team getting a Kraken and winning the game. And yeah my teammates were siding with the enemy bashing the OPness of CVs. 70% win rate is impressive by the way. Well done. Of course there is room to improve but since the rocket plane nerf, I am less inclined to play CVs except for MVR and Kaga. 

• Cool 1

[NAU2]
46 posts
1 hour ago, AdmiralYamamoto8 said:

I always spot. I even go after DDs in AP rocket planes and torps just to reset caps and what not. To put things in perspective, I have been reported by my own team getting a Kraken and winning the game. And yeah my teammates were siding with the enemy bashing the OPness of CVs. 70% win rate is impressive by the way. Well done. Of course there is room to improve but since the rocket plane nerf, I am less inclined to play CVs except for MVR and Kaga. 

Ah alright I see.. makes sense now. Since you’re doing everything right it really does come down to unreasonable team mates. The room for improvement becomes a lot smaller actually because despite how powerful the carrier is, I figure there’s still only so much you can do. It’s interesting to see the enemy affronting you for being too OP, instead of bashing their own carrier for being useless (maybe they are, just on team chat). I guess carriers like Roosevelt and Richthofen just hit a bit too hard sometimes.

• Cool 1

[BELLE]
499 posts
33,855 battles
14 hours ago, iDd_Sloth said:

Just ignore that karma.
It's means little to nothing.

yes, I have 507 Karma, I am obviously nub. 

The system is hardly perfect, I give karma to friendly and cooperative people I meet in game, and only report people when they go out of their way to be counter productive or just a total loss. And that is few and far between.

If there is a better system i would like to know what it is? until then this is what we have

107 posts
9,186 battles
41 minutes ago, _Raikii said:

Ah alright I see.. makes sense now. Since you’re doing everything right it really does come down to unreasonable team mates. The room for improvement becomes a lot smaller actually because despite how powerful the carrier is, I figure there’s still only so much you can do. It’s interesting to see the enemy affronting you for being too OP, instead of bashing their own carrier for being useless (maybe they are, just on team chat). I guess carriers like Roosevelt and Richthofen just hit a bit too hard sometimes.

Yeah. They hit really hard especially before the AP Dive Bomber reticle nerf. 

Sometimes they do. But the way I see it, players tend to hate getting outplayed and dying as a result hence back to OP's post, just ignore them. Play the game for your own enjoyment and what others think, don't really matter. Just do your part to the best of your ability and try to play the objective to win. It is a game after all. Don't let it get under your skin

• Cool 1

[STUN]
215 posts

Just got reported because my ship and another bumped each other as we moved about. Wasn't even a ram and get stuck but a bump and bounce off then keep going type thing. Moron players will be moron players, nothing you can do about it except remove the stupid Karma system then it cannot be used or abused as it is absolutely useless anyway.

• Cool 1

[BZ]
63 posts
17,256 battles

I mainly use the karma system to compliment.

I only report players who start having a go at their own team in chat, or deliberately teamkill/suicide. My own performance leaves me in no position to criticize others.

• Cool 1

[CLAY]
3,545 posts
15,188 battles

Lol, pretty sure I just got reported because I accidentally changed to from AP to HE in Minnesota due to stupid fingers. I was unfortunately focus fired to death before I got another shot. We'd already lost a lot of ships, I was unlikely to save that game.

I don't get it, everyone makes mistakes, or has a bad game evry now and then, its only if you keep making mistakes over a number of games after you've been told otherwise that you deserve to be reported. Which I why I usually only use reports for things people should already know, like don't be a salty jerk.

Or if I tell you 3 times "Do not show broadside" and you keep showing broadside and die, then I might report you... or I might just assume you don't understand me, depending how annoyed I am.

[STUN]
215 posts

Lol, I just got reported because I managed to win a Brawl game for my team so some moron dude from the other team reported me for making them lose! LOLOLOLOL!!

[LBAS]
2,313 posts
4,150 battles
25 minutes ago, Storm_Khan said:

Lol, I just got reported because I managed to win a Brawl game for my team so some moron dude from the other team reported me for making them lose! LOLOLOLOL!!

Lol i got Compliment Karma today for basically spamming HE from 16km in DD.... seems LEGIT...

i wonder who the hell is that person

[STUN]
215 posts
1 hour ago, Skarhabek said:

Lol i got Compliment Karma today for basically spamming HE from 16km in DD.... seems LEGIT...

Karma system is basically broken and pointless. Used by WG staff and CC's to stroke their own egos by using their 'celebrity' status to fish for compliments. All other players are a "who gives a damn about them" and lets weaponise the karma system and just repeatedly report people. The system should just be removed.

• Cool 1

[STUN]
215 posts

Yep, just happened again. Won a game for my team in Brawl and got reported by a sore loser from the loser team because I won the game for my team. Sole survivor from both teams  🙂

[REPOI]
363 posts
14,744 battles
1 hour ago, Storm_Khan said:

Yep, just happened again. Won a game for my team in Brawl and got reported by a sore loser from the loser team because I won the game for my team. Sole survivor from both teams  🙂

Here is another thing I have to point out not just to you but all players in general.

Do not and I repeat, DO NOT care about karma. Don't pay any attention to it.

Making assumptions to who reported you is alright but refrain from doing so as there is a high level of uncertainty to who might have reported you. It could have been from your team most likely rather than from someone on the enemy team (And I speak from experience as I report my team 90% of the time). Also don't assume what you might have done that resulted into you being reported. 

• Cool 2

Sign in to follow this