Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
dejiko_nyo

Hahahahaha. What a waste of time, effort and money.

22 comments in this topic

[TLS]
5,303 posts
22,011 battles

Hahahahahaha. I love it when my predictions from the start self-fulfill themselves. Hahahahahaha.

Now where is the popcorn...

PS: Someone mentioned that if this were a company project, people would be sacked and the project closed down for a waste of resources.

• Cool 1

[CLAY]
[CLAY]
Beta Tester
5,595 posts
26,977 battles

Having never been invested in CVs one way or the other - either loving or hating - the entire thing constantly makes me SMH in confusion and puzzlement.

[-CAT-]
694 posts
11,423 battles

Now... now... Let's bring some "Spreadsheets™" data.... :cap_look:

[TLS]
5,303 posts
22,011 battles
4 minutes ago, Sharr_Dextera said:

It is so brown. 

[-CAT-]
694 posts
11,423 battles
46 minutes ago, dejiko_nyo said:

It is so brown. 

tumblr_d5bffdd58942e0cef788096b70890b5d_b06845ef_400.gif.ec6cfcd3eea6b8f0839f68288249bdc4.gif

• Cool 1
  • Funny 3

[TLS]
5,303 posts
22,011 battles
12 minutes ago, Sharr_Dextera said:

tumblr_d5bffdd58942e0cef788096b70890b5d_b06845ef_400.gif.ec6cfcd3eea6b8f0839f68288249bdc4.gif

Even a cat knows what to do with it.

[AUSNZ]
Beta Tester
1,551 posts
12,456 battles

CV population has been very consistent for a very long time now. It is quite good on SEA, but too low on the other servers. 

High tier CV population is holding pretty well after the latest CV nerf, however we've only got the initial figures so far, it may change with time. 

CV balance is currently the best it has ever been in terms of the class as a whole imo, however there's a lot of refinement they could do to the rocket fighter change to help intra-class balance, which was thrown out a bit by the rocket change. There are almost certainly going to be balance changes coming, however we all know how WG's processes work - they're going to give it a few patches first to collect data, unless there is something particularly egregious. 

I'd like to see rockets get moved almost completely away from the anti-DD role, and have CV's only anti-DD tools be torps, HE bombs, and spotting. 

• Cool 1

[BELLE]
478 posts
33,637 battles
21 minutes ago, Moggytwo said:

CV population has been very consistent for a very long time now. It is quite good on SEA, but too low on the other servers. 

High tier CV population is holding pretty well after the latest CV nerf, however we've only got the initial figures so far, it may change with time. 

CV balance is currently the best it has ever been in terms of the class as a whole imo, however there's a lot of refinement they could do to the rocket fighter change to help intra-class balance, which was thrown out a bit by the rocket change. There are almost certainly going to be balance changes coming, however we all know how WG's processes work - they're going to give it a few patches first to collect data, unless there is something particularly egregious. 

I'd like to see rockets get moved almost completely away from the anti-DD role, and have CV's only anti-DD tools be torps, HE bombs, and spotting. 

double Jingles Celebrity has spoken!! Take note

[151ST]
3,955 posts
13,053 battles
1 hour ago, dejiko_nyo said:

Hahahahahaha. I love it when my predictions from the start self-fulfill themselves. Hahahahahaha.

Now where is the popcorn...

PS: Someone mentioned that if this were a company project, people would be sacked and the project closed down for a waste of resources.

Not entirely true; it depends on how they measure success.

If the whole point of the rework was the CV population, then yes. But I don't think that's the whole story but part of it. There was also a mechanics and burst damage element, not to mention skill disparity.

At the end of the day, maybe it boils down to the number of people who actually want to play the class... Or perhaps CVs are considered underpowered in some ways now?

The thing is they still haven't really done anything about the spotting and anytime I play CVs, I just spot for my team and it's often all that's needed to turn a flank...

I'm not saying it should be eliminated but I do think better players are better able to abuse it.

Who knows, I do know the current rocket functionality isn't great. I just can't find a reason I'd want to bring rockets to the fight most of the time, at best with KM CVs it's to hit a very static CA but even then it's no where near as rewarding now.

• Cool 3

[TLS]
5,303 posts
22,011 battles

Return to RTS.

Rework has failed. Not encouraging people to play. Not fixing skill disparity. AA chewing out planes? My Haru loves to eat purple planes. And my planes love to die in red AA. 

Oh wait, it has succeeded in something: Fleecing the players of their lucre.

PS. CV now horribly underpowered. You can spot all day but you will earn little for your CV. What was that phrase someone liked to use? "Damage is all that matters". 

Edited by dejiko_nyo

[LBAS]
2,298 posts
4,074 battles
34 minutes ago, dejiko_nyo said:

Return to RTS.

Rework has failed. Not encouraging people to play. Not fixing skill disparity. AA chewing out planes? My Haru loves to eat purple planes. And my planes love to die in red AA. 

Oh wait, it has succeeded in something: Fleecing the players of their lucre.

PS. CV now horribly underpowered. You can spot all day but you will earn little for your CV. What was that phrase someone liked to use? "Damage is all that matters". 

52633021.jpg

odd tier CV IS HUGE SUCCESS, its FASTER by 20% to grind.....

to bring balance to the Issue of RTS smacking T4 or lower tier ship, i am suggest re-introduce RTS CV only at T7 , T8, and T9. the special MM is applied.... RTS CV will be always the lowest tier.....

i dont want another FDR that smack everything at lower tier. T10 CV is OP.... and PREMIUM CV IS even more OP....

anyway, i am only play high tier CV, that is where RTS is the most fun

if T9 CV is present

[TLS]
5,303 posts
22,011 battles
7 minutes ago, Skarhabek said:

52633021.jpg

odd tier CV IS HUGE SUCCESS, its FASTER by 20% to grind.....

to bring balance to the Issue of RTS smacking T4 or lower tier ship, i am suggest re-introduce RTS CV only at T7 , T8, and T9. the special MM is applied.... RTS CV will be always the lowest tier.....

i dont want another FDR that smack everything at lower tier. T10 CV is OP.... and PREMIUM CV IS even more OP....

anyway, i am only play high tier CV, that is where RTS is the most fun

if T9 CV is present

I am pretty sure USN wouldn't have devastated IJN CV at Midway if they had to fly like "CV rework". Have to send back fully loaded planes so that they don't get shredded. 

Nice concept except another problem would arise in balancing AA for RTS. Complicated solution for a complicated solution to what was initially a simple problem (cv skill mismatch). 

I was thinking of investing my steel in an FDR but with all the nerfs, I don't think it is worth all that hard effort to accumulate steel over the last 3 years.

Edited by dejiko_nyo

100 posts
8,990 battles
1 hour ago, dejiko_nyo said:

I am pretty sure USN wouldn't have devastated IJN CV at Midway if they had to fly like "CV rework". Have to send back fully loaded planes so that they don't get shredded. 

Nice concept except another problem would arise in balancing AA for RTS. Complicated solution for a complicated solution to what was initially a simple problem (cv skill mismatch). 

I was thinking of investing my steel in an FDR but with all the nerfs, I don't think it is worth all that hard effort to accumulate steel over the last 3 years.

Yeah I thought of getting FDR too after getting Stalingrad in December but am now hesitant given the nerfs. Would probably get Bourgogne now. I must say being a general player who plays all classes of ships, I have barely touched my CVs in the past two weeks except for 1 to 3 games in Kaga. Definitely played a lot more DDs cos it is meta now. DDs win games. It's sad that my MvR, Midway and Hakruyu became port queens for now. 

[-CAT-]
4,117 posts
15,203 battles
16 hours ago, Sharr_Dextera said:

Spreadsheet data is one perspective, interpreting the data is another.

The interpreter can be bribed to falsify data or mislead the inerpretation. To make things look good. But in reality, it's bad.

or

The interpreter does not know what he / she is interpreting. Thus, bad numbers look good. Good numbers look bad.

Edited by S0und_Theif
  • Cool 1

[TWR]
Alpha Tester
1,996 posts
6,619 battles

Yeah prior to rockets nerf I played cv a lot. Now i don't play them at all, and I have most of them.

That being said I didn't put a lot of use into my rocket sorties pre nerf anyway, their armour was far too weak to handle AA already.

It's true I've saved every little piece by piece of steel I had for all those years to finally get FDR, my greatest port queen.

Now I wish i could swap it for an Austin or Stalingod ship.

[-CAT-]
4,117 posts
15,203 battles
6 hours ago, dejiko_nyo said:

Why sometimes, operating / playing CV's are uneconomical.

Especially when the game's economics is more focused on damage and not consider other aspects of the ship's capability.

Something that WG did not fix for the CV class when reworking the CV mechanics 2 - 3 years ago.

A good CV player can profit.

While most average CV player will either break even or owe WG credits (negative earnings that will deducted your credits).

Thus forcing average players to invest in both perma camo and premium account time.

Edited by S0und_Theif
  • Cool 1

[SEARN]
[SEARN]
Beta Tester
661 posts
20,983 battles

Why even remove the ODD tier CVs?
If anything it gives more incentives to grind and have more option of ships in the game.

• Cool 2

[-CAT-]
4,117 posts
15,203 battles
3 hours ago, iDd_Sloth said:

Why even remove the ODD tier CVs?
If anything it gives more incentives to grind and have more option of ships in the game.

WG is using match maker as an excuse.

The game can hard lock CV's by 2 ships per side.

WoT doesn't seem to have any problems with their SPG class. And they are hard locked to 3 SPG's per side. (Do note that WoT has 15 players per side while WoWs only has 12 players per side. Why the additional SPG.)

So I don't quite buy the match maker excuse. :Smile_sceptic:

Probably the Rubbish Burnheap has a role in preventing them on implementing back the odd tier CV.

WG knows it will take too much time and effort to play CV. And its too unpopular to reset that line. So they simplify it to make it look lucrative.

Tin Foil Hat on:

Some say that WG is scared that they can not please Lenin and Stalin (and Chernobog) because they can not find and put a full tech tree of 7 CV ships into the game. They do not have enough "projekts" ships in their archive.

Thus making their proud and gloriuous soviet ships look bad.

So they do away with the odd tier CV to make themselves look good.

Or did they forget that they can "conjure" ship out of nowhere with their black majik? Not to mention the "double hulling" they are doing in the game.

What do I mean by "double hulling"? Examples:
T8 Kansas and T9 Minnesota (South Dakota Class 1920)
T8 Charles Martel and T9 Saint Louis (Saint Louis Class C5)
T4 Phoenix and T5 Omaha (Omaha Class Scout Cruiser)
T7 KGV and T8 Monarch (King George V Class)
T7 Florida and T8 North Carolia (North Carolina Class) *Florida should have been a tech tree rather than a premium ship.
Or even T8 Lenin and T8 Vladivostok.

Same hull / projekt, but different armament and / or configuration. The better ship is up one tier.

Tin Foil Hat off:

Give me back Essex class. :Smile_izmena:

Edited by S0und_Theif
  • Cool 2

[SMOKE]
3,022 posts
19,449 battles
9 hours ago, Sharr_Dextera said:

Don't wish too hard, cause the numbers always tells but they also always deceive and for the sake of it, the numbers cannot tell what's not recorded on the Spreadsheet ..

• Cool 1

[SEARN]
[SEARN]
Beta Tester
661 posts
20,983 battles

Well ... their excuse is just lame.
Yeah it's nice to see a good variety of ships like the Taiho + Essex to name a few. Would love to see Shinano in-game.
As with double hulling I do agree with most of the ships listed but the Lenin and Vladi can't be called related as one is an Oil Tanker while the other is comical a Pinocchio.

• Cool 2

[-CAT-]
4,117 posts
15,203 battles
1 hour ago, iDd_Sloth said:

Yeah it's nice to see a good variety of ships like the Taiho + Essex to name a few. Would love to see Shinano in-game.

Ah yes, Taiho.

She is real. She was launched. She had a bad luck and detonated.

In short she has a history and a story, while Hakuryu was still in the drawing board.

Why many players has an attachment to her and Essex.

1 hour ago, iDd_Sloth said:

As with double hulling I do agree with most of the ships listed but the Lenin and Vladi can't be called related as one is an Oil Tanker while the other is comical a Pinocchio.

Good point. Lemme change that last part.

Edited by S0und_Theif
  • Cool 1

[LBAS]
[LBAS]
171 posts
10,156 battles
7 hours ago, Metal_illness said:

Yeah prior to rockets nerf I played cv a lot. Now i don't play them at all, and I have most of them.

That being said I didn't put a lot of use into my rocket sorties pre nerf anyway, their armour was far too weak to handle AA already.

It's true I've saved every little piece by piece of steel I had for all those years to finally get FDR, my greatest port queen.

Now I wish i could swap it for an Austin or Stalingod ship.

same here, really regret about it. should have trade my fdr for other steel ship.

Sign in to follow this