You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Rub1c0n

Stat shaming - which stat is the correct stat?

31 comments in this topic

[T3M]
222 posts
6,480 battles

Just tried something out in random.  I got deleted.  Instantly got abused by a player fro being a noob and he called me out for my win rate stats.  Of course i called him a prick but it got me to thinking.

I have always just played for fun.  It is a way to unwind and just relax after work or at the weekend.  I work away a lot so usually at the weekend and usually with a beer or 6  🙂  For some that is not acceptable and they express that in game.  So, my stats look like this:

image.thumb.png.bd5dd41587dde69c8067a83b2720a634.png

His stats

image.thumb.png.83313c2e00a3651c7a3eb8ba7767c8c8.png

Now as you can see my overall stats are average.  His comment was to the effect that I was a noob because my win rate was 49%.  True.  But in the last 7 days my stats are comparable yet I am abused as being a noob.  I have never reset nor changed name, this is what I started with and the name I have learned the game with.

I get very tired of dickheads abusing players for being noobs especially when we look a bit closer they are just the same with respect to stats.  He was playing a DD and I guess that would explain the higher spotting scores.

My point.  The next time you decide to abuse a player for not playing your way and then try to stat shame them, look a bit closer, it may be some guy on break just chilling and the outcome of the game is not the most important issue in his life.  If you want to stat shame, have a closer look, he may well be better than you but you don't know it.

image.png

• Cool 1

[A___A]
72 posts
3,078 battles

Well mate i don't see the point of getting to worked up over a bloody game where the small percentage of people are as toxic as and Karma and Stats are what they live for.

I have bad stats but i have fun with some good games get called Noob heaps and have 0 Karma but i don't give a rats A..

Why

Because i'm an adult and i don't give AF what anyone else thinks and the only way i can get better is to learn from my many stupid mistakes.

Had a 280000 game in thunderer and got reported so what do you do i just LOL

[T3M]
222 posts
6,480 battles
1 hour ago, Buford_T_Justice said:

Well mate i don't see the point of getting to worked up over a bloody game where the small percentage of people are as toxic as and Karma and Stats are what they live for.

I have bad stats but i have fun with some good games get called Noob heaps and have 0 Karma but i don't give a rats A..

Why

Because i'm an adult and i don't give AF what anyone else thinks and the only way i can get better is to learn from my many stupid mistakes.

lol true. I explained my actions to this player......" I was trying something, it did not work, I play for fun".   lol well that triggered him to go look at my stats and laugh at the "fun" bit.

Of course you know what we're dealing with here, Is a complete lack of respect for the law!!!   😛

[CLAY]
3,534 posts
15,026 battles

My stats are around the same as yours. I have never seen the point of shaming or blaming someone because of bad stats.

Instead, it’s better to tell me where I went wrong, and how to improve. Bearing in mind that, like you, like most people I would hope, I play for fun, and may not always be in the optimal mindset for highly competitive sports.

Yes, I’ll blame people for making stupid moves, like broadsiding a BB in a light cruiser, like rushing forward in a DD when you know there is a radar cruise around, for derping around near the back of the map on full HP while allies are dying trying to defend flank, for charging forward and dying when all you had to do to win was run and hide, etc... Small tactical things which could help win a game.

Basically, this is a GAME. Try to win, yes, but don’t push yourself to hard.

Besides, 49% isn’t bad. At worst, it basically says, “I’m not really going to affect this battle one way or the other”, at best it means that a good player who keeps an eye on the minimap could use basic commands, suggestions, to ‘increase’ that win rate. I.E, take actions which improve the play of other players on your team, such as spotting, stating which targets to attack, telling people when to retreat, etc...

• Cool 1

[151ST]
3,955 posts
13,053 battles

The only stat that actually matters is your fun % at the end of the day.

But if you are trying to be better at the game WR is everything over a large enough sample size but it doesn't guarantee anything about an individuals performance in one battle.

But there's no justification for being toxic, ever. Having said that we've all done something like it at some point (it's human to make mistakes) so letting other people's toxicity get to you is pretty pointless.

Ignore and move on, or make fun of it in some un-toxic way...

'You're a noob'

'Ok, sure but the fact that you feel the need to say that says more about you than it does about me'

Unfortunately I doubt anyone reading your post will be swayed from being toxic in future...

• Cool 1

[LBAS]
2,298 posts
4,074 battles

Since the introduction of Belfast and Saipan, this game is already lost its competitive aspect. My biggest mistake is create a lot of stat pad alts and in the end i am stick with this first account.

You must admit that some player is indeed dedicated and have higher stat than other. But to become good player in WoWs you must spend a lot of time and real life resource. And i mean time is something that you cannt get back. So think again....

I am not investing in WoWs.... I am paying! For the fun! Not for the silly prestige... WoWs is not e-sport after all....

Those player who have higher stat should be gratefull that noob player exist... They wont get that high stat againts the same or higher skill.

Saying noob/mediocre player should be quit is basically asking for challenge... But when they challenge exist, they are the most loudest protesting. Just look at Flamu....  If you want a good example of adaptive player look at moggy, he never protest but always adapt. The biggest problem is adapting is not fun... I am playing for fun.

If player blabbering about its good stat, ask if is he good RTS CV player?

RTS CV IS THE REAL SKILL, the most powerfull, everyone is just pawn, no matter how OP your ship, if RTS CV dictated you are dead.... Then you are dead!

I am only respect good RTS CV player. 

The pride, the vanity... Arogant... Its belong to RTS CV

Hail RTS

• Cool 1
  • Haha 1

[-CAT-]
694 posts
11,423 battles

Irritated sod players : You Noob....!!

Me : “Stupid is as stupid does.”  then... “What’s normal anyways?”

[KAMI]
488 posts
5,991 battles

W/R is all I look at. Long term, it's an indication of how you're doing.

PR is crap (for a DD main), it doesn't reward spotting and is heavily skewed to kills. 

'noob' is a word that if used, I tend to ignore whoever it is using the word. 

• Cool 1

[KAMI]
488 posts
5,991 battles

Today. Long term, today doesn't matter but over a much bigger sample size ie more battles it'll all balance out and either my w/r goes up if I'm improving or down if I'm stagnating.

Also a progress chart so I get more of an idea how I'm doing.

today.jpg

progress.jpg

[CLAY]
3,534 posts
15,026 battles
3 hours ago, S4pp3R said:

The only stat that actually matters is your fun % at the end of the day.

But if you are trying to be better at the game WR is everything over a large enough sample size but it doesn't guarantee anything about an individuals performance in one battle.

But there's no justification for being toxic, ever. Having said that we've all done something like it at some point (it's human to make mistakes) so letting other people's toxicity get to you is pretty pointless.

Ignore and move on, or make fun of it in some un-toxic way...

'You're a noob'

'Ok, sure but the fact that you feel the need to say that says more about you than it does about me'

Unfortunately I doubt anyone reading your post will be swayed from being toxic in future...

I’m more likely to ask “why did our BBs go in the same direction”, or “nice if we had some more spotting”, or “low hp CL PLEASE STOP FIRING!”

• Funny 2
  • Haha 1

[KAMI]
488 posts
5,991 battles
15 minutes ago, Grygus_Triss said:

I’m more likely to ask “why did our BBs go in the same direction”, or “nice if we had some more spotting”, or “low hp CL PLEASE STOP FIRING!”

This is how I need to communicate, I'm generally harsher, resulting in chat bans....but they're just so .....not good

[KAMI]
488 posts
5,991 battles

Just had 3 stereotypical asiateams in a row, in Cleveland, all tier X battles, it's like they've never played the game before.

My expectations are always low, but it's getting worse. Is it the thaim of day?

[151ST]
3,955 posts
13,053 battles
1 hour ago, FG_Yomamamoto said:

Just had 3 stereotypical asiateams in a row, in Cleveland, all tier X battles, it's like they've never played the game before.

My expectations are always low, but it's getting worse. Is it the thaim of day?

It's CBs atm and also ranked has pulled much of the population away...

[O7]
238 posts
19,747 battles
On 7/3/2021 at 3:25 PM, Buford_T_Justice said:

lol,  probably an enemy you insta-deleted, or someone who thought you were having too much fun in an "OP" ship.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[SEARN]
[SEARN]
Beta Tester
661 posts
20,983 battles

Usually it all comes down to who has the better DD players in their team.
Once a team has lost their DD it's usually downhill from there on.
Recovery is possible but most of the time it's unlikely if not very hard.

• Cool 3

[SALT]
115 posts
3,705 battles

Stat shaming only happen if you don't hide your stats or you know your stats is bad but not tried to improve it.

And the biggest issue IMO is the players are too fragile. They don't accept themselves as a noob and not tried to improve themselves but keep doing stupid stuff.

• Cool 3
  • Thanks 1

[T3M]
222 posts
6,480 battles
9 hours ago, LeoN1das said:

Stat shaming only happen if you don't hide your stats or you know your stats is bad but not tried to improve it.

And the biggest issue IMO is the players are too fragile. They don't accept themselves as a noob and not tried to improve themselves but keep doing stupid stuff.

Hmmmm.  My stats are not hidden - otherwise how would someone shame me with them.  You are off to a winner in this thread already  😄

I guess you think I am not improving either.  lol

image.thumb.png.64926d642c401488150ab62cf161b9c0.png

• Cool 1

[KAMI]
488 posts
5,991 battles
15 minutes ago, Rub1c0n said:

Hmmmm.  My stats are not hidden - otherwise how would someone shame me with them.  You are off to a winner in this thread already  😄

Upward trend, shows improvement

• Cool 1

[SALT]
115 posts
3,705 battles
52 minutes ago, Rub1c0n said:

I see at your thread above that your stats are not hidden though. What I said just a reminder for players who keep shaming other people stats.

Mine not hidden too.

[REPOI]
363 posts
14,707 battles
10 hours ago, LeoN1das said:

Even when a profile is hidden, it raises some eyebrowns, but not as common as the red sea. Seeing some Unicums now hiding their profiles as some are getting focused down hard by players who are using Stat Shaming Monitor. Oh look, Unicum player spotted, time to ignore every other players and go solely for that Unicum player. Seeing this quite often this days NGL.

Ah yes, the snowflake playerbase, any forms of criticism even the slightest bit is being treated as if they are being held at gun point.
And yes, it is true as some are not capable of accepting the fact they are bad. Or in some cases, each of the different players value stuff differently where in our minds, they are bad, but in their minds, they are good/Unicum. All about perception.

And lets not forget the typical "I play for fun" reasoning which is quite common. 
I think we can also agree is mostly the tomatoes, oranges that are the ones going around blabbering calling others noob and control others as if we are their NPC.

Back to the topic,
OK, I won't deny this but yes, I do stat shame quite often, but not as often as in the past. I am certain most of you in the forums know me well enough to when I would only statshame.
Stat shame generally occurs from me when a player says questionable stuffs, does questionable plays, or even say stuffs but their own performance does not reflect what they say.

I do not randomly call out for people being bad. If one does do a questionable play in-game, I do 1) "Well Done Commander!" and/or 2) "???". I will not call them out by saying their stats out in-game unless they start being a smartarse and tries to be that guy who dies first and won't stop talking in chat blaming others for their deaths and starts telling others what to/not to do. But there is a criteria before I do so in chat. Are they consistently bad? Players that do not seem to imrpove.

More to add later.......

• Cool 5
  • Haha 1

[CLAY]
[CLAY]
Beta Tester
5,595 posts
26,962 battles

"Hustlers of the world, there is one mark you cannot beat: the mark inside."

William S. Burroughs

[BZ]
63 posts
16,979 battles

I went to look at the guy who suggested I should be turned into glue at Auschwitz for my 45% win rate. He does indeed have a 58% win rate. However,  that is entirely because over half his games are in the V25 at tier 2 - with an 80% WR. At T8-10 his stats were no better than mine. 

Stat shamers are hypocrites too.

• Haha 1

[T3M]
222 posts
6,480 battles
4 hours ago, Make_Scenario_Great_Anew said:

If I were you, I'd just reply: "So what? I am a noob and you still have to play as MY TEAMMATE." 

I did better than that.  I stayed in the game and asked him to teach me.  He did not cover himself in glory.  I got 2 x karma hits.  lol

1,618 posts
21,054 battles
20 小時前,Rub1c0n 說:

I did better than that.  I stayed in the game and asked him to teach me.  He did not cover himself in glory.  I got 2 x karma hits.  lol

I don't care because my Karma is already 0 (was 200 before playing CV in Ranked)