Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
BigWaveSurfer

Sad day for me

24 comments in this topic

[CLAY]
Alpha Tester
1,190 posts
8,555 battles

Having been a supertester from late 2016 to early 2018 I was granted the ST flag. Today it was removed from my account. :Smile_sad:

It was a reminder of those past ships tested and other ST'ers I knew. Now the last reminder is gone, so long old friend. 

• Thanks 1

[LBAS]
2,298 posts
4,074 battles

Why sad? you are no longer under WG's evil Scheme..... THAT IS MEAN YOU ARE FREE NOW!!

LETS HELD A PARTY!!!

:Smile_bajan2:

[TDA]
ST Coordinator
6,010 posts
9,583 battles

While the emblem may be gone you still have the knowledge that you have played a part in the direction the game has taken.  That's something to be proud of.

• Thanks 1

[T3M]
222 posts
6,480 battles
2 hours ago, RalphTheTheatreCat said:

While the emblem may be gone you still have the knowledge that you have played a part in the direction the game has taken.  That's something to be proud of.

Isn't everyone saying that the direction the game is taking is wrong?  Backhanded compliment?

• Funny 2

[SMOKE]
3,022 posts
19,449 battles

That is a shameful act , the flag signal's one's effort put in for the game and the game development , even retired from the program, that contribution do not just go away 

• Cool 1

[T3M]
222 posts
6,480 battles
1 hour ago, Mechfori said:

That is a shameful act , the flag signal's one's effort put in for the game and the game development , even retired from the program, that contribution do not just go away 

Sure it does.

In the club - wear the club badge.  Not in the club - do not wear the club badge.  A very normal situation worldwide.  What is the issue?

[CLAY]
3,534 posts
15,037 battles
9 minutes ago, Rub1c0n said:

Sure it does.

In the club - wear the club badge.  Not in the club - do not wear the club badge.  A very normal situation worldwide.  What is the issue?

I suppose it depends if the badge is considered to be ‘Recognition of past service’, or ‘Recognition that you are “IN” the club’.

If the latter, it’s weird that BWS has only just lost it after being out of the program for years.

[AN-DO]
Beta Tester
2,053 posts
7,318 battles

If they do that to Alpha and Closed Beta Tester Flag, I'll be pissed.

I've been carrying this flag since 2015.

[-CAT-]
4,117 posts
15,203 battles

:Smile_sad:

WG should have at least sent an e-mail or something and give you a heads up as to why they are removing your "tester" flag.

It's just rude that they will just pull out something from your account for no reason and without even telling you what is the reason.

Especially if you have done service for them. Testing ships. And for free I might add.

The worse case scenario, WG suddenly pulls out your credits, your doubloons, or at worse, your premium ship from your account without even telling you or giving you a reason as to why they pulled it out.

[CLAY]
Alpha Tester
1,190 posts
8,555 battles

Thanks for the support, guess there is no point getting worked up over it. 

I'll live, still have my Alpha flag and now I have room to run up one of the other 68 flags I have.

• Cool 3
  • Thanks 1

[LBAS]
3,622 posts
16,738 battles
19 hours ago, BigWaveSurfer said:

Having been a supertester from late 2016 to early 2018 I was granted the ST flag. Today it was removed from my account. :Smile_sad:

It was a reminder of those past ships tested and other ST'ers I knew. Now the last reminder is gone, so long old friend. 

Sad to see WG is purging older Supertesters.

but still, o7.

[SEARN]
[SEARN]
Beta Tester
661 posts
20,983 battles
13 hours ago, LawrenceXVIII said:

If they do that to Alpha and Closed Beta Tester Flag, I'll be pissed.

I've been carrying this flag since 2015.

That I do agree.
Been flying that flag ever since it was given.

[G-AB]
487 posts
5,714 battles
20 hours ago, Metal_illness said:

WG giveth

WG taketh away

Basically another reminder that nothing ingame that you have is actually yours, even the ones you bought; it's only there for as long as the game is there, or as long as the devs say so.

• Cool 1

[TDA]
433 posts
11,844 battles
22 hours ago, BigWaveSurfer said:

In the same boat as you - no pun intended. Kinda heartbreaking, but nothing can be done.

Sad times, but it is what it is. Just look back on the fond memories.

[NFS]
11 posts
2,498 battles

Could WG allow the rts cv mode for CO against AI mode? This is will not make other players unhappy.

I bought Kaga, Zeppelin, and Indomitable becasue the rts cv game mode attacted me. But I found that interesting gaming mode is gone forever, I was extremely disappointed and frustrated.

So why can't WG jsut bring back the rts cv mode for AI battle?

[AN-DO]
Beta Tester
2,053 posts
7,318 battles
9 hours ago, iDd_Sloth said:

That I do agree.
Been flying that flag ever since it was given.

I'll will never ending whine to them for removing what I've worked hard for.

[SEARN]
[SEARN]
Beta Tester
661 posts
20,983 battles
3 hours ago, LawrenceXVIII said:

I'll will never ending whine to them for removing what I've worked hard for.

Yeah ... been one of the earliest adopters of this game during CBT.
Would've loved ABT but it was invite only.

[CLAY]
Alpha Tester
1,190 posts
8,555 battles

Update:

My ST flag has been returned.

It warms me to think that players and WGing do care.

Perhaps it did not seem like a big deal when somebody took it away, but the fact that it has been returned tells me that they are paying attention, even to small time players like me.

I want to thank the community for offering support and also to WGing for understanding what a small token can mean to a player.

Thank you to all :Smile_honoring:

Come on. Bring it in....big hug, to all you guys and girls out there. :cap_like:

• Cool 3

[TLS]
5,303 posts
22,011 battles

Apparently it was a setting screwup from what I understand from the cesspool that is reddit. You were not the only one.

• Cool 1

[CLAY]
Alpha Tester
1,190 posts
8,555 battles
7 minutes ago, dejiko_nyo said:

Apparently it was a setting screwup from what I understand from the cesspool that is reddit. You were not the only one.

Well at least they did something about it and I guess I am not the only one happy to see it returned. 

[SMOKE]
3,022 posts
19,449 battles

Setting Glitch , what a reason , or an excuse ... I mean there is nothing to be changed there, then why bother tinkering with the setting when there is no need to change anything .. WG need a proper QA team and they badly need a proper CR team

[-CAT-]
4,117 posts
15,203 battles

Glad to see that WG fixed it.

It would be bad that WG would suddenly take away something you have worked hard for and earned it.

If WG did not return the flags, WG can and will abuse it.

Worse case scenario is that they silently remove some of your in-game resources because you have too much.

Not to mention the backlash that players would unleash against WG. And the lawsuits that WG would face.

Sign in to follow this