Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
exter001

Team damage rework

12 comments in this topic

[UNRYU]
91 posts
8,174 battles

So I've played a game in Friesland in a div. I decided to troll my divmates and shoot them. I noticed that it does no damage so i kept on shooting since I had a vague memory that WG removed team damage. Now i shot him until I got myself pink thinking that since there's no damage there's no penalty. After the game end, I notice I got no credits or xp at all. I'm not here to get my xp or credit lost back, what's done is done. What I'm here for is to tell people the amount of potential griefing this can cause.

Imagine running all your signals and camo, then a random ship decide to park besides you so you couldn't shoot over, or made a torp run but friendly decides to do a 180 and cut your torpedo off. You lose all your signals and camo and get nothing in return. This is not a good way to go.

friesland.png

• Cool 2

[REPOI]
363 posts
14,739 battles

Do note, it requires 40 hits to turn pink, 40 shells/torps.

When it comes to griefing, this is an extremely rare occurance (I can say the chances of it happening is negligible) where a player would simply park their ship next to a ship and block its shells.
If the player still kept on shooting to reach the 40 hit threshold, then I have questions regarding that player's situational awarness to not know there is someone next to him. 
If a player indeed is running all his/her signals with the best camo, I am pretty certain that player has some form of awarness to know they are being griefed. But again, this form of griefing is pretty much non-existent.

If a player wants to grief, they are already doing so by suiciding or sail to the edge of the map..
And it's a good way to go, a way to teach a player to have some form of situational awarness to whats happening around them.

• Cool 3

[MRI]
4,042 posts
17,937 battles

It is a stupid change. Why have team damage penalty when there in no longer any team damage? No point keeping the former around when the latter is no longer in the game.

Just remove the penalty already.

[CLAY]
3,537 posts
15,104 battles

Yeah, need over 40 shots, I take it that you shot him A LOT. It’s all about hitting your team mate, not about whether it would cause damage or not.

I’d say it’s near impossible to get someone to accidentally shoot you that many times.

• Cool 2

[UNRYU]
91 posts
8,174 battles
6 minutes ago, HoChunHao said:

Do note, it requires 40 hits to turn pink, 40 shells/torps.

When it comes to griefing, this is an extremely rare occurance (I can say the chances of it happening is negligible) where a player would simply park their ship next to a ship and block its shells.
If the player still kept on shooting to reach the 40 hit threshold, then I have questions regarding that player's situational awarness to not know there is someone next to him. 
If a player indeed is running all his/her signals with the best camo, I am pretty certain that player has some form of awarness to know they are being griefed. But again, this form of griefing is pretty much non-existent.

If a player wants to grief, they are already doing so by suiciding or sail to the edge of the map..
And it's a good way to go, a way to teach a player to have some form of situational awarness to whats happening around them.

If it's 40 torps like you said then I'm ok with it.

[CLAY]
3,537 posts
15,104 battles
1 minute ago, exter001 said:

If it's 40 torps like you said then I'm ok with it.

Yeah, near impossible to get 40 shells, let alone 40 torps.

That said, I wish they still had the torpedo indicator. I don’t like crashing into allied torps.

[UNRYU]
91 posts
8,174 battles
Just now, Grygus_Triss said:

Yeah, near impossible to get 40 shells, let alone 40 torps.

That said, I wish they still had the torpedo indicator. I don’t like crashing into allied torps.

Wait, they remove ally torp marker?

[SEARN]
[SEARN]
Beta Tester
671 posts
21,139 battles

I guess the in-game warning didn't dissuade you enough.
Thinking that there was no penalty of some sort.
Well .. it was explained by WG about the 40 shots threshold, I guess that part was not important to you.

[-CAT-]
4,150 posts
15,259 battles
2 minutes ago, exter001 said:

Wait, they remove ally torp marker?

image.thumb.png.f20715cde157ec25dd34bef43b65acc3.png

Link: "Changes to the Game Mechanics" Tab

https://worldofwarships.asia/en/news/game-updates/update-0105-the-grand-battle/

Link: Rules and Penalty

https://worldofwarships.asia/en/news/general-news/combat-discipline/

[REPOI]
363 posts
14,739 battles
34 minutes ago, Grygus_Triss said:

Yeah, need over 40 shots, I take it that you shot him A LOT. It’s all about hitting your team mate, not about whether it would cause damage or not.

I’d say it’s near impossible to get someone to accidentally shoot you that many times.

Exactly, I hate running into ally torps which who knows there is a chance those torps might hit something if we didn't ram into it. Really bugs me. I think I did made a thread about it.

Like just cause they no longer do damage to allies does not mean the audio cue should be removed.

• Cool 1

[UNRYU]
91 posts
8,174 battles
49 minutes ago, iDd_Sloth said:

I guess the in-game warning didn't dissuade you enough.
Thinking that there was no penalty of some sort.
Well .. it was explained by WG about the 40 shots threshold, I guess that part was not important to you.

I'm sorry for not reading alright? I guess it's bad to just enter the game without reading updates after a hard day of work.

[SEARN]
[SEARN]
Beta Tester
671 posts
21,139 battles
15 minutes ago, exter001 said:

I'm sorry for not reading alright? I guess it's bad to just enter the game without reading updates after a hard day of work.

I too have a hard days work and my work doesn't even end when I'm at home.
But that still doesn't excuse someone not to read the updates.
Also the notification in-game still wasn't enough to stop you even though it's being repeated each time you shoot at ally. Unless of course you again chose to ignore it.
It's not only you but most of the players here in WoWs(forums) also have work and families.

Edited by iDd_Sloth

Sign in to follow this