Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Mechfori

Friesland and Groningen .. still questions remain

7 comments in this topic

[SMOKE]
3,057 posts
19,534 battles

Ok so I toil over all the text but after all still its only this

Starting from Update 0.10.6, Friesland will no longer be available to purchase. 

With the release of 0.10.7 owners of Friesland will have an opportunity to exchange the ship for Groningen. This option will be available until the release of Update 0.10.8. 

That's from the Dev Blog , but I still want to know , I mean yeah we know we are not to get any more Friesland after 0.10.6 but ,

a. if I exchange Friesland for Groningen , will the Captain on Friesland automatically transferred ( and automatically set to be trained for Groningen ) , or will the Captain currently helming Friesland be transferred to European reserve without any change to his. Am not expecting to get a free Dutch Captain but still need to know 

b. Players can get Friesland now via the shop or 1 million FXP+1Credit , so starting with 0.10.6 , will player then be able to exchange FXP+1 credit same fashion for Groningen , and further if its so, , or is it that the FXP exchange for Friesland will remain ( in pure technicality term, the FXP exchange is researching a new ship , not a purchase )

c. then is it possible for me to had both , providing I either buy the new DD or exchange via FXP

d. and what about the Captain if its not to be automatically transferred , do I then need to recruit a new one or ?????

Edited by Mechfori

[LBAS]
Modder, Member
6,943 posts
46,298 battles

a >> look like NO, the skipper probably stay with EU

d >> Re: Zero

560 posts
13,118 battles

Keep Friesland. Save 1 million FXP and buy Groningen as well. Or don't. 

2 identical ships? Why not? Boise and Nueve de Julio are the same ship. Historically the exact same hull as the Boise was sold to Argentina and renamed Nueve de Julio (the 5th of July - Argentinian independence day).

[ANZAC]
542 posts
20,734 battles
8 hours ago, Mechfori said:

a. if I exchange Friesland for Groningen , will the Captain on Friesland automatically transferred ( and automatically set to be trained for Groningen ) , or will the Captain currently helming Friesland be transferred to European reserve without any change to his. Am not expecting to get a free Dutch Captain but still need to know 

d. and what about the Captain if its not to be automatically transferred , do I then need to recruit a new one or ?????

Originally the plan was for the Friesland to move to the new line - but that threw up this exact issue with moving the captain. So weegee cloned the ship. Captain stays in the euro branch if you do the swap.

[SEARN]
[SEARN]
Beta Tester
692 posts
21,273 battles

A. You can't bring your EU captain to the new country Netherlands.

B. You have to pay 1M FXP+1 Credit for the new ship. But you will be given the option to trade in your Friesland for the new ship Groningen.

C. Yes.

D. You have to recruit a new one for the ship.

Edited by iDd_Sloth

[CLAY]
3,545 posts
15,179 battles

So, basically...

Friesland and her captain stay with the Pan EU. And Friesland will re removed from sale.

New cut and paste ship is made for Netherlands.

Players are given option to swap Friesland for new ship, OG captain will stay in EU nation.

Seems the only reason to swap would be if you want a “proper historical Netherlands” ship right away.

Edited by Grygus_Triss

Sign in to follow this