Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Andy_Siau

What are your BEST ships for RANKED Silver League?

11 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

169
[IMS]
Member
615 posts
13,338 battles
12 minutes ago, AdmiralYamamoto8 said:

Jean Bart, Alaska, Georgia, Mogador

Don't have these ships. 😅

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,800
[FORCE]
Modder, Member
3,308 posts
14,722 battles

Musashi because screw everyone who bought into the stupid bandwagon "Why waste 750k free exp on the inferior version of Yamato?".

And basically any ships WG have pulled out of the Armory.

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,953
[CLAY]
Member
3,534 posts
15,037 battles
1 hour ago, Reinhard_of_Avercland said:

Musashi because screw everyone who bought into the stupid bandwagon "Why waste 750k free exp on the inferior version of Yamato?".

And basically any ships WG have pulled out of the Armory.

Yeah, I love how OP asks for the ‘best’ ships, and gets suggested a bunch of ships no longer available. The fact that there are still so many of those ships in competitive modes is a testament to how much WG screwed the game by implementing them then removing them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
356
[MALD]
Member
544 posts
13,755 battles

Besides the ones mentioned you can also try ZF-6/Kitakaze, ships I don't have atm but definitely can work are Soyuz/Jutland/Riga/Izumo, those are tech tree ships so not that hard to get. 

But tbh I kind of changed my mentality already, I no longer try hard in silver now since those who try hard should be in gold. Hence I grind ships there as I find that grinding ships there are faster and it has a different environment than random mode. For example I finish half of my Saint Louis grind on ranked, it is way much fun than randoms since my role in randoms are mostly spamming HE at BBs. In ranked I can speed boost + hydro + reload booster to chase DDs, although it comes at a cost of winrate & karma, but I am thick-skinned about it already:Smile_hiding:

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
169
[IMS]
Member
615 posts
13,338 battles
12 minutes ago, GoodMorning_MFs said:

Besides the ones mentioned you can also try ZF-6/Kitakaze, ships I don't have atm but definitely can work are Soyuz/Jutland/Riga/Izumo, those are tech tree ships so not that hard to get. 

But tbh I kind of changed my mentality already, I no longer try hard in silver now since those who try hard should be in gold. Hence I grind ships there as I find that grinding ships there are faster and it has a different environment than random mode. For example I finish half of my Saint Louis grind on ranked, it is way much fun than randoms since my role in randoms are mostly spamming HE at BBs. In ranked I can speed boost + hydro + reload booster to chase DDs, although it comes at a cost of winrate & karma, but I am thick-skinned about it already:Smile_hiding:

yeah Riga with radar... though Roon without is a much better Cruiser?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
100 posts
8,990 battles
30 minutes ago, GoodMorning_MFs said:

Besides the ones mentioned you can also try ZF-6/Kitakaze, ships I don't have atm but definitely can work are Soyuz/Jutland/Riga/Izumo, those are tech tree ships so not that hard to get. 

But tbh I kind of changed my mentality already, I no longer try hard in silver now since those who try hard should be in gold. Hence I grind ships there as I find that grinding ships there are faster and it has a different environment than random mode. For example I finish half of my Saint Louis grind on ranked, it is way much fun than randoms since my role in randoms are mostly spamming HE at BBs. In ranked I can speed boost + hydro + reload booster to chase DDs, although it comes at a cost of winrate & karma, but I am thick-skinned about it already:Smile_hiding:

Agreed. ZF 6, Kitakaze, Roon, Riga and FDG/Pommern are solid choices. With less players, brawling battleships can be good and fun.

I am in gold league but am not try hard. Just keep getting the rewards for wins and stop till the next sprint. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,800
[FORCE]
Modder, Member
3,308 posts
14,722 battles
25 minutes ago, Andy_Siau said:

yeah Riga with radar... though Roon without is a much better Cruiser?

Not when you get the typical "5 minute DD players" in your team. Roon's only selling point is better for kiting, but even then Saint Louis or Drake are better than Roon.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
275
[SEARN]
[SEARN]
Beta Tester
661 posts
20,983 battles

JB, Lion (sue me, I want to burn them), Georgia, Musashi, and Pommern.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×