Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Grygus_Triss

SEA Server Represent!

10 comments in this topic

3 posts
2,233 battles

It's not everyday that the whole enemy team ignores a DD blatantly shooting in front of them. Now where can I find myself games like these? :cap_yes:

[LBAS]
2,313 posts
4,150 battles
8 minutes ago, Roomanous said:

It's not everyday that the whole enemy team ignores a DD blatantly shooting in front of them. Now where can I find myself games like these? :cap_yes:

there is a trick for this.... a well known trick for experienced smokeless DD

[CLAY]
3,545 posts
15,179 battles
1 hour ago, Roomanous said:

51 minutes ago, Skarhabek said:

there is a trick for this.... a well known trick for experienced smokeless DD

You need two things. 

First,, make yourself as hard to hit as possible, this is done by predicting where and when enemy will shoot you, and not being there, ships like Tashkent are good at this.

Second, have allies which are more inviting targets.

With these two things, most ships at 15km+, especially BBs, will soon give up and go for the easy to hit targets.

Smarter BBs will work on the principle, "throw enough mud at the wall, some of it will stick" and fire at you anyway, hoping to either damage or at least force you to run.

Genius BBs will use their Big Brains to figure out which is the bigger threat, and go after that until something else becomes a bigger threat.

[AUSNZ]
Beta Tester
1,553 posts
12,466 battles
2 hours ago, Grygus_Triss said:

Congrats, SEA server represent!

Thank you sir, it was an amazing game, when we only had two ships left against six I couldn't believe we had thrown such a dominant position.  I remember at the end I was just thinking to myself "focus on the superstructure, don't stuff it up!" and I got the kill with about 0.2 seconds to spare, just got a quick glance at the points as it faded to the results screen: 794 - 792.  Cue much yelling on discord...

1 hour ago, Roomanous said:

Well I did get 2 million potential damage - they shot at me a fair bit.  I just did a lot of stoppy/starty and they couldn't hit me.  I play a fair bit of gunboat DD and have got the hang of frustrating battleships trying to shoot back at me in open water.  :Smile-_tongue:

• Cool 2

3 posts
2,233 battles
16 minutes ago, Moggytwo said:

Thank you sir, it was an amazing game, when we only had two ships left against six I couldn't believe we had thrown such a dominant position.  I remember at the end I was just thinking to myself "focus on the superstructure, don't stuff it up!" and I got the kill with about 0.2 seconds to spare, just got a quick glance at the points as it faded to the results screen: 794 - 792.  Cue much yelling on discord...

Well I did get 2 million potential damage - they shot at me a fair bit.  I just did a lot of stoppy/starty and they couldn't hit me.  I play a fair bit of gunboat DD and have got the hang of frustrating battleships trying to shoot back at me in open water.  :Smile-_tongue:

19 minutes ago, Grygus_Triss said:

You need two things. 

First,, make yourself as hard to hit as possible, this is done by predicting where and when enemy will shoot you, and not being there, ships like Tashkent are good at this.

Second, have allies which are more inviting targets.

With these two things, most ships at 15km+, especially BBs, will soon give up and go for the easy to hit targets.

Smarter BBs will work on the principle, "throw enough mud at the wall, some of it will stick" and fire at you anyway, hoping to either damage or at least force you to run.

Genius BBs will use their Big Brains to figure out which is the bigger threat, and go after that until something else becomes a bigger threat.

I've practiced this in the Marceau a fair bit now in grand battles, now I just need friendlies that don't get devstruck less than five mins in the game and maybe I can get started on the 'having allies' part :Smile_hiding:

• Funny 1

[SEARN]
[SEARN]
Beta Tester
692 posts
21,273 battles

That was a really good fight mate.
Really nice game!

[CLAY]
[CLAY]
Beta Tester
5,662 posts
27,306 battles

Well done @Moggytwo.

GG and grats on getting in a Jingles vid.

[151ST]
3,993 posts
13,148 battles
11 hours ago, Moggytwo said:

Well I did get 2 million potential damage - they shot at me a fair bit.

Nice game mate, thoroughly enjoyed watching it while hearing the Old Gnomish Overlord ramble on...

If only there were CVs in the match and trying to focus you... Then you'd have a reference point for the reddit and NA forum hordes, lol.

• Funny 4

[-CAT-]
4,178 posts
15,369 battles

The enemy team must be thinking:

How the eff did we lose???? We are ahead on player numbers and points.

GG WP @Moggytwo

Edited by S0und_Theif

Sign in to follow this