Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Max_Battle

"Free" Colorado and Research Bureau Implications

75 comments in this topic

[CLAY]
[CLAY]
Beta Tester
5,596 posts
26,977 battles

Tomorrow the ability to do missions to get a "free" Colorado opens up to us in the Summer Battles Event.

1898672715_WorldofWarshipsScreenshot2021_06.28-12.44_06_91.thumb.png.9c1b22e1bd385d171841ff2a79dae78f.png

I will be taking the opportunity to reset both my USN BB lines before I do the missions to get a "free replacement" Colorado.

By reseting both USN BB lines at once, I will get double the value from the "free" Colorado.

By my calculations to buy a Colorado and all her modules it costs 8 100 000 credits - this is what you would normally pay of you researched and purchased all these components as part of the normal grind.

Also, to research Colorado and all her modules costs 112 500 XP.

Resetting both USN BB lines at once means I will be saving 16 200 000 credits and 225 000 XP.

Just giving others the heads up as to this opportunity. 

• Cool 3
  • Haha 2

[LBAS]
3,622 posts
16,738 battles
27 minutes ago, Max_Battle said:

Tomorrow the ability to do missions to get a "free" Colorado opens up to us in the Summer Battles Event.

1898672715_WorldofWarshipsScreenshot2021_06.28-12.44_06_91.thumb.png.9c1b22e1bd385d171841ff2a79dae78f.png

I will be taking the opportunity to reset both my USN BB lines before I do the missions to get a "free replacement" Colorado.

By reseting both USN BB lines at once, I will get double the value from the "free" Colorado.

By my calculations to buy a Colorado and all her modules it costs 8 100 000 credits - this is what you would normally pay of you researched and purchased all these components as part of the normal grind.

Resetting both USN BB lines at once means I will be saving 16 200 000 credits and 225 000 XP.

It's been a while WG is giving a free tech tree ship researched because New Mexico is slow.

At some point. Every tier 7s should be as a reward thing. Gneisenau for example. Or even Nagato.

• Cool 2

[CLAY]
3,534 posts
15,037 battles

I’m debating doing this as well.

...I, however, cannot bring myself to rest the fat BB line, I just finished grinding Minnesota a week or so ago. I really do not want to grind her again so soon....

Curse you WG, playing a couple of battles is fine, but why make me regrind?

• Funny 1

[CLAY]
3,534 posts
15,037 battles

@Max_Battle

Hey Max, how many research points would you get for resetting both USN BB lines? Assuming both had the first rest 2x modifier on them (I’m not 100% sure how the modifiers and bonuses work, never rest anything before).

I need 55K for V2, and from various other rewards, I current have around 20K, so I need 35K.

[SMOKE]
3,022 posts
19,449 battles

What it imply, though, is there will be ever widen gap between veteran player and newbie , those who still grinding. Especially Veteran whose got multiple T10 of the same type, can afford to easy reset and then get the T7 and on with the rest , when not hampering their capacity to play on high tiers. So those who can will be given even easier access to more  Research Points, thus OP ships , and those not in , will had a hard time even just catching on that first T10

Edited by Mechfori

601 posts
7,082 battles
1 hour ago, Grygus_Triss said:

I’m debating doing this as well.

...I, however, cannot bring myself to rest the fat BB line, I just finished grinding Minnesota a week or so ago. I really do not want to grind her again so soon....

I mean... if it helps your situation, you can grind it in Co-op, which is much less painful than Randoms.

[CLAY]
3,534 posts
15,037 battles
6 minutes ago, TD1 said:

I mean... if it helps your situation, you can grind it in Co-op, which is much less painful than Randoms.

Randoms don’t pain me too much, it’s just the effort involved. I’ll probably grind the lower tiers, then use my FXP to speed up the higher tiers.

• Cool 1

[-CAT-]
4,117 posts
15,203 battles
3 hours ago, IJN_Katori said:

It's been a while WG is giving a free tech tree ship researched because New Mexico is slow.

Last time I got a free tech tree ship was 2 years ago.

It was a T8 Chapayev.

3 hours ago, IJN_Katori said:

At some point. Every tier 7s should be as a reward thing. Gneisenau for example. Or even Nagato.

Yes please.

Should T8 be considered as well?

Since T7 to T10 already requires an insane amount of work to grind.

41 minutes ago, Grygus_Triss said:

Randoms don’t pain me too much, it’s just the effort involved. I’ll probably grind the lower tiers, then use my FXP to speed up the higher tiers.

Hear. Hear.

Same.

• Cool 1

[-CAT-]
4,117 posts
15,203 battles
5 minutes ago, dejiko_nyo said:

Free T10 ship. 

Wouldn't that break the game?

I mean new players getting a really high tier ship will little to no experience?

:fish_book:

But then again, WG did sold a T10 "tech tree waifu" ship (for avarice of course).

And a lot of them are newly made accounts.

Edited by S0und_Theif
  • Cool 2

[TLS]
5,303 posts
22,011 battles
17 minutes ago, S0und_Theif said:

I mean new players getting a really high tier ship will little to no experience?

But then again, WG did sold a T10 "tech tree waifu" ship (for avarice of course).

Isn't the game already broken? You cannot make things any more broken already.

[BELLE]
478 posts
33,637 battles
4 hours ago, Max_Battle said:

would be great if I gave a flying about the poor excuse that Research Bureau is; But that is me, for those that can and do RB. Thanks for the heads up and best wishes to those that have a crack

• Cool 2

[BELLE]
478 posts
33,637 battles
43 minutes ago, S0und_Theif said:

You are Broken and the game still functions?

[CLAY]
[CLAY]
Beta Tester
5,596 posts
26,977 battles
2 hours ago, Grygus_Triss said:

@Max_Battle

Hey Max, how many research points would you get for resetting both USN BB lines? Assuming both had the first rest 2x modifier on them (I’m not 100% sure how the modifiers and bonuses work, never rest anything before).

I need 55K for V2, and from various other rewards, I current have around 20K, so I need 35K.

One normal line reset at x2 is just over 20k points I think.

Not sure about 1@ x2 and 1@x1 - but that's exactly what I will be doing.

I might reset tonight - can let you know what the hard stats are once I do.

[CLAY]
3,534 posts
15,037 battles
26 minutes ago, Max_Battle said:

One normal line reset at x2 is just over 20k points I think.

Not sure about 1@ x2 and 1@x1 - but that's exactly what I will be doing.

I might reset tonight - can let you know what the hard stats are once I do.

Right, reading this from the wiki;

Research Bureau - Global wiki. Wargaming.net

From V to X you can get 10200. At 2x that's 20400. for the line split, VIII to X, that an additional 9000. I have my doubts that the 2x applies to that.

In each season, the first line reset becomes eligible for double (2x) Research Points Research Points when the Tiers V-X ships in the line are played to a win.

This indicates that you can only apply 2x to one line per season... which makes the fact that you have 2x at the bottom of every unlocked tech tree line really confusing.

I actually find some of the statements in this article sadly hilarious.

There are several ways to use the Research Bureau, understanding that there are two goals: acquire Research Points (RP), and enjoy playing low- and mid-tier ships again.

They do realize that you don't spend much time at low of mid tier? Skilled players blow through those tiers quickly and most of the grind is at the high tiers?

• Cool 1

[MRI]
4,036 posts
17,871 battles
56 minutes ago, Grygus_Triss said:

In each season, the first line reset becomes eligible for double (2x) Research Points Research Points when the Tiers V-X ships in the line are played to a win.

This indicates that you can only apply 2x to one line per season... which makes the fact that you have 2x at the bottom of every unlocked tech tree line really confusing.

Indeed. You cannot have both Research Points bonuses since it is only 1 per season.

You can reset both, but only the first line you reset will get the 2x bonus.

• Thanks 1

[CLAY]
3,534 posts
15,037 battles
4 minutes ago, Thyaliad said:

Indeed. You cannot have both Research Points bonuses since it is only 1 per season.

You can reset both, but only the first line you reset will get the 2x bonus.

Yeah, for people new to the process, it is slightly confusing. I don't know why they have 2x at the bottom of every completed line, only to disappear when you reset one.

[-CAT-]
4,117 posts
15,203 battles
3 hours ago, dejiko_nyo said:

Isn't the game already broken? You cannot make things any more broken already.

That is a good point.

Objection withdrawn your honor.

Carry on.

2 hours ago, SgtSullyNZ said:

You are Broken and the game still functions?

Rossiyan Engeeneerreenk.

788453522_brokenworking.gif.d7dafceefa07a5f6424fb4f8e6c6f4fe.gif

Functions even when it is broken.

1 hour ago, Grygus_Triss said:

They do realize that you don't spend much time at low of mid tier? Skilled players blow through those tiers quickly and most of the grind is at the high tiers?

Which defeat's their narrative of "play low tier".

Campaigns do a better job on making players play low tier. And they get rewarded for completing that campaign.

[BELLE]
478 posts
33,637 battles
1 minute ago, S0und_Theif said:

That is a good point.

Objection withdrawn your honor.

Carry on.

Rossiyan Engeeneerreenk.

788453522_brokenworking.gif.d7dafceefa07a5f6424fb4f8e6c6f4fe.gif

Functions even when it is broken.

Which defeat's their narrative of "play low tier".

Campaigns do a better job on making players play low tier. And they get rewarded for completing that campaign.

Operations T6 and T7 are great

[TLS]
5,303 posts
22,011 battles
6 minutes ago, SgtSullyNZ said:

But where are T8, 9 and 10 ops?

[BELLE]
478 posts
33,637 battles
3 minutes ago, dejiko_nyo said:

than that would not be lower tier

[AN-DO]
759 posts
11,092 battles
6 hours ago, Grygus_Triss said:

I can empathise, I just finished grinding Minnesota (by using 100k FreeXP because I couldn't suffer the line anymore) and I don't think I'll ever reset or even play the line again. If it was for a more interesting line split I probably would do what Max plans to do

[SMOKE]
3,022 posts
19,449 battles
10 minutes ago, dejiko_nyo said:

Instead why do we not had ops for T5, T4, and T3 ??

[CLAY]
3,534 posts
15,037 battles
14 minutes ago, dejiko_nyo said:

I WISH WG went in this direction.

• Cool 1

[-CAT-]
4,117 posts
15,203 battles
17 minutes ago, SgtSullyNZ said:

I wish they could bring back some of the old scenarios.

Cherry Blossom
Dynamo
Ultimate Frontier
Hermes

12 minutes ago, dejiko_nyo said:

^^ This.

WG fails to understand that this mode can be very filthy lucre for premium ships.

But hey, "We are currently focused on Random battles".
Two years later, "Our spread $#!* says that operations are not popular".

8 minutes ago, SgtSullyNZ said:

than that would not be lower tier

They could make Battle of Jutland as an operation.

T4 and T5 BB. T4 for cruisers.

Sign in to follow this