You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Unraveler

Montana is the cruelest ship in the game

39 comments in this topic

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

Who gets assigned to those AA guns? Is that some sort of punishment?

jHLeMhB.jpg

Earmuffs! The Thickest one!!!

3m-peltor-comtac-swattac-electronic-tact

This won't enough

Edited by Harpoon01

Beta Tester
2,718 posts
1,988 battles

Usually in Combat if enemy planes are incoming, USN BB's Main guns are usually not firing, so it's not really a problem.

However this is a different story for the Japanese. Because their main guns can fire the Type 3 AA shell (Which is rather useless), before firing their will be some sort of announcement and a delay for all AA crew to hide back into their cover (Notice the Yamato's 25mm - See why they are all covered up?). The shockwave is devastating for any kind of human so that this needs to be done.

However in the Battle of Leyte Gulf - Mushashi (Before sinking) once fire her main gun without cleaning the deck - which severely affected her AA fire for a period of time - which arguably I guess affected her fate as well :hiding:

Edit: Finding Archives, the shockwave is so serious that some 25mm shells flown into the Turret A of the Mushashi and caused one of the Type 3 shell exploded and jammed the turret. :sceptic:

So this is more of a IJN problem rather than a USN problem.

Edited by Alvin1020

Alpha Tester
1,063 posts
509 battles

Usually in Combat if enemy planes are incoming, USN BB's Main guns are usually not firing, so it's not really a problem.

However this is a different story for the Japanese. Because their main guns can fire the Type 3 AA shell (Which is rather useless), before firing their will be some sort of announcement and a delay for all AA crew to hide back into their cover (Notice the Yamato's 25mm - See why they are all covered up?). The shockwave is devastating for any kind of human so that this needs to be done.

However in the Battle of Leyte Gulf - Mushashi (Before sinking) once fire her main gun without cleaning the deck - which severely affected her AA fire for a period of time.

So this is more of a IJN problem rather than a USN problem.

please view my spoiler picture

Beta Tester
2,718 posts
1,988 battles

please view my spoiler picture

I know - there's got to be some sort of entrance to the ship hull as well right?
Edited by Alvin1020

Beta Tester
2,718 posts
1,988 battles

*A Massive Pic*

I mean the main ship itself :sceptic:

A Door - you know.

Edit: Like these, I highlighted it.

9JEcq1E.jpg

Edited by Alvin1020

Alpha Tester
71 posts
502 battles

Manning the tertiary guns on the Italian dreadnoughts probably would not have been much fun either. This one is Dante Alighieri

WNIT_12-46_m1909_Dante_Alighieri_pic_zps

DanJar

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

AA gunner's uniform:

FhqDdKN.jpg

THAT'S EXPLAIN why A ship keep being a AA battery while the crew try to save themself

Beta Tester
771 posts
1,374 battles

Aww idk, the 8 men assigned to these AA guns on Yamato may just have it worse, i mean you would have to sleep with the captains daughter to get assigned to the guns without protection that are right beside the broadside of the main batteries. 

mty5i3K.jpg

But then again.. the japanese were not known for making the crew comfortable. 

Alpha Tester
71 posts
502 battles

Aww idk, the 8 men assigned to these AA guns on Yamato may just have it worse, i mean you would have to sleep with the captains daughter to get assigned to the guns without protection that are right beside the broadside of the main batteries. 

mty5i3K.jpg

But then again.. the japanese were not known for making the crew comfortable. 

Although the Yamato was known as the best ship in the fleet for crew comfort.

DanJar

Super Tester
1,779 posts
341 battles

:unsure::amazed:

DanJar

the vacuum caused when the guns fire :v

stand next to the main guns, the vacuum sucks you and throws you overboard :v

or something like that~ idk

Edited by ragster