Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Puggsley

An interesting thing happened today.......

23 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

4,001
[CLAY]
[CLAY]
Beta Tester
5,596 posts
26,977 battles
2 minutes ago, Puggsley said:

shot-21_06.24_13_58.34-0264.thumb.jpg.c2cf1e135ece7d193a1e0b4280e3c114.jpg

EXTREME ANGLING DUDE!

B9318080045Z.1_20150714125634_000_G8HBBLDU1.1-0.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
420
[BONED]
Member
896 posts
12,683 battles

Or they have a bunch of workers scraping barnacles off the exposed hull.

Maybe it could be a consumable which gives you a speed boost for the next 10 minutes!

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
314
[-CAT-]
Member
694 posts
11,423 battles

Yamato on siege mode.... That will be an inspiration for new battle mode.

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,001
[CLAY]
[CLAY]
Beta Tester
5,596 posts
26,977 battles
4 minutes ago, Sharr_Dextera said:

Yamato on siege mode.... That will be an inspiration for new battle mode.

 

seigetank.gif

  • Cool 3
  • Funny 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,953
[CLAY]
Member
3,534 posts
15,037 battles
47 minutes ago, Sharr_Dextera said:

Yamato on siege mode.... That will be an inspiration for new battle mode.

Just imagine if you could ground you ship, and then still use the turrets until they were destroyed, regardless of your ship HP.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,629
[TLS]
Member
5,303 posts
22,011 battles
17 minutes ago, Grygus_Triss said:

Just imagine if you could ground you ship, and then still use the turrets until they were destroyed, regardless of your ship HP.

THis is a needed gimmick.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
958
[SMOKE]
Member
3,022 posts
19,449 battles
27 minutes ago, Grygus_Triss said:

Just imagine if you could ground you ship, and then still use the turrets until they were destroyed, regardless of your ship HP.

That is , until CV come join the fun

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,953
[CLAY]
Member
3,534 posts
15,037 battles
1 hour ago, Mechfori said:

That is , until CV come join the fun

That's the great thing. Unless CV can destroy turrets quickly, there's nothing they can do if the ship has already grounded itself. There are only two options, detonate the magazines, or destroy the turrets. And BB turrets are pretty tough, especially with upgrades and skills.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
958
[SMOKE]
Member
3,022 posts
19,449 battles
45 minutes ago, Grygus_Triss said:

That's the great thing. Unless CV can destroy turrets quickly, there's nothing they can do if the ship has already grounded itself. There are only two options, detonate the magazines, or destroy the turrets. And BB turrets are pretty tough, especially with upgrades and skills.

In game yes , in real world it would be just sitting stationary target , a load of HE bomb is enough to render the turret inoperable, realistically the turret could only be operable if the ship is grounded relatively level , any listing would thrown the whole thing off balance and you need the ships power to operate it ; and its not hard to damage the power plan in such sitting state. In real world history, there were a few instance similar happen though with only much smaller ships and they usually can only muster a short period of fire until enemy ground force, or surface vessel find the aim, or even just enemy planes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,953
[CLAY]
Member
3,534 posts
15,037 battles
11 minutes ago, Mechfori said:

In game yes , in real world it would be just sitting stationary target , a load of HE bomb is enough to render the turret inoperable, realistically the turret could only be operable if the ship is grounded relatively level , any listing would thrown the whole thing off balance and you need the ships power to operate it ; and its not hard to damage the power plan in such sitting state. In real world history, there were a few instance similar happen though with only much smaller ships and they usually can only muster a short period of fire until enemy ground force, or surface vessel find the aim, or even just enemy planes.

Of course I’m talking in game, but it’s inspired by history. According to some accounts, in RL the plan was for Yamato to beach herself if necessary and act as an unsinkable stationery battery.

Of course, she was sunk long before she was able to do that. And as you say, probably would’ve have lasted long as a shore battery anyway. The IJN had severely underestimated the air power of the US by that point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
958
[SMOKE]
Member
3,022 posts
19,449 battles
1 minute ago, Grygus_Triss said:

Of course I’m talking in game, but it’s inspired by history. According to some accounts, in RL the plan was for Yamato to beach herself if necessary and act as an unsinkable stationery battery.

Of course, she was sunk long before she was able to do that. And as you say, probably would’ve have lasted long as a shore battery anyway. The IJN had severely underestimated the air power of the US by that point.

Those IJN BB and CA late war moored in harbour ( and some grounded one ) are indeed used that fashion ; most notably in Kure harbour , is Ise and her sister ship, Hyuga , and also Haruna ( a Kongo class BB ) being used as floating batteries , and after suffering damage from aerial attack and grounded , they were simply used as is on site. Haruna , during these fights recorded one of the very few ever confirmed kill against aerial targets from a BB gun using the type 3 shell downing 8 planes in total

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
275
[SEARN]
[SEARN]
Beta Tester
661 posts
20,983 battles

Should've been perma flood until dislodged.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
95
[T3M]
Member
222 posts
6,480 battles

Woooosssshhhhaaaa  <watch the movie before you bitch at me>

 

OK, to the OP  what is wrong here?

Can you clarify the problem here?

You beached and the graphic of you beaching looks great.  What is the issue?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,106
[-CAT-]
Member
4,117 posts
15,203 battles
14 hours ago, Max_Battle said:

seigetank.gif

Pssshhh,Kr-Chhh!

Wrreeeeeeee,Ti-Tug-Klog!

 

PEWWW!!!

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.937820dd6933aaff1e46b2ed5779036d.png

 

Edited by S0und_Theif
  • Cool 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,001
[CLAY]
[CLAY]
Beta Tester
5,596 posts
26,977 battles

Someone: "Hey look at this funny cool thing that happened!"

Almost everyone else: "LOL! That IS a funny cool thing!"

Rub1c0n:

argue.png

  • Funny 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,106
[-CAT-]
Member
4,117 posts
15,203 battles
15 hours ago, Puggsley said:

shot-21_06.24_13_58.34-0264.thumb.jpg.c2cf1e135ece7d193a1e0b4280e3c114.jpg

That Yamaot is adapting. Teaching itself how to hunt submarines as early as now before they go live.

Submarines will not stand a chance against those 460mm anti-submarine shell.

Even when submerged, that Yamato will use those under-water feature to snipe those submarines to smitherines.

:Smile_trollface:

 

Thinking like a pirate. Arrr!!!

Edited by S0und_Theif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
208
[TF44]
Member
574 posts
24,364 battles

the yamato is just extracting essence for super gravity cannon charge.

Spoiler

 

 

  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
560
[SEARN]
Member
1,102 posts
18,276 battles
14 hours ago, Rub1c0n said:

Woooosssshhhhaaaa  <watch the movie before you bitch at me>

 

OK, to the OP  what is wrong here?

Can you clarify the problem here?

You beached and the graphic of you beaching looks great.  What is the issue?

There are several maps now that have areas that you previously were 100% able to sail past, in any ship, that now have underwater obstacles. Where that Yamato is was an area of water you could sail past with no problems but now WG in their wisdom have changed the underwater terrain to ground ships.

These have been added as part of modelling of the underwater terrain to prepare for the arrival of subs. Forget which map but there is even a rock in open water that will stop your ship dead in its tracks. I have hit it more than once and it has prevented me from going forward or back as it basically lifted my ship out of the water like a dry dock. Was the end of my game there as i could not move at all. Flamu did a vid on the issue. Hopefully it gets fixed at some point as it is very annoying.

Gotta have that underwater world looking great for subs that now are nerfed in their ability to dive and won't be spending much time underwater. :Smile_facepalm: 

Extremely useful and time well spent WG. :cap_like:

 

 

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,629
[TLS]
Member
5,303 posts
22,011 battles
17 minutes ago, Lowyat said:

the yamato is just extracting essence for super gravity cannon charge.

  Reveal hidden contents

 

 

BUWWWWWEEEE...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,641
[MRI]
Member
4,036 posts
17,871 battles

WG: BBs will not be able to attack underwater subs.

Yamato: Let's see about that!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×