Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Rhogath

IJN Ise vs Tone

5 comments in this topic

[MOIST]
Beta Tester
69 posts
1,000 battles

I admit I'm not the best and havent played hundreds of games in these ships, but thought I would share my opinion regardless.

Starting with the IJN Ise at tier 6; it's a downtiered Hyuga that's missing the 5th and 6th gun turret while severly limiting the firing angles of the 3rd and 4th turret. You can still angle reasonably while bow tanking to get guns on target but her fire power is notably reduced, never sail alone and take a friend. The aircraft are... avarage. The intial speed is nice and lets you strike targets within 6 km of you quickly and can change the tide of a battle in your favour if your drop is good. At the tier you will verse the damage isn't great but its enough to give people two options; take the torps and keep bow tanking you, or turn to avoid torps and risk giving you broadside. And that's what I like about the Ise, you won't outgun anyone, but you can out play them with strategic torps, especially if you set up ally destroyers or carriers for a cross drop. I love the Ise so far and prefer it over the Mutsu and is great for taking into Operations.

As for the IJN Tone... I can't bring myself to like it. The long and short of it is that it's a worse Atago. You sacrafice a turret and good torpedo angles on the Atago for some of the worst torpedo angles I have ever seen on the Tone that requires you to give full broadside and keep turning to get your torps away. The saving grace isn't even the aircraft, it's the fact that you can get your detection range lower then the Atago and Mogami. The aircraft for the Tone are a complete let down and are only useable if you're top tier against tier 6 and 7, because it's the exact same aircraft as the Ise; same squad size, speed, health and damage with the added bonus of being able to be torn to shreds by tier 9 and 10 that the torps bearly even tickle them while also having a 1min longer cooldown then the Ise. I would hesitate to ever take the Tone over the Atago as it is right now.

TLDR - I enjoy the Ise as it is right now and have had plenty of fun with it, while the Tone needs a buff to its aircraft to realy feel useful at its tier because her whole selling point just feels useless at the moment.

[LBAS]
2,313 posts
4,150 battles

Tone and Ise plane is different.... Tone plane is faster yet weaker in HP. That is why its so easy to shred. Ise plane is slower yet tankier....

Unlike Ise, its better to play Tone as REAL CRUISER with options to launch guided torpedo missile.

Aaand Ise.... Better play it as Light Carier with main gun

• Cool 2

[BLESS]
1,571 posts
13,794 battles

@Skarhabek

Ise as a carrier with guns I can see.

Tone as a Myoko/Atago/Mogami with remote air-dropped torpedo, the issue I see there is that piloting IJN cruisers is a bit more of a full time job. Parking your cruiser to enjoy some airtime isn't just dangerous, it's also removing your effectiveness vs. an Atago which is in full on cruiser mode full time. Let alone the "rub your tummy while patting your head" problem of trying to pay attention to two things at once...

[LBAS]
5,467 posts
12,846 battles

The cons are less angle to shoot that's classic suicidal wide open

Sign in to follow this