You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
legionary2099

Grand Battle is great with a few buts

17 comments in this topic

[LNA]
2,189 posts
16,447 battles

It's a great game mode. Except it has a few problems :
Far too many people who have no idea what they are doing are jumping on this battle mode. Lemnings are real , as well as poor if not stupid decision making. IDK if this mode is available for ppl who don't have high tier or just purchase a tier IX premium to try it. Ofc i can't fix their decision but i can't fathom how does a tier IX-X mode is infested with so many people who can't look at mini map.

But the far greater problem are bots. Since this mode does not reflect on your stats, botting is way too common in this. You know , the kind that only move a bit to the side to get all guns out and shoot.
I am quite sour at the number of bots that pop up in this mode since day 1. If i'm not wrong, game stats are not tracked for this mode, people are so much more eager to bot and get away with it.
WG need to do something about this botting insanity. I have had games where 50% of all team are bots (not the official ones !!).

About Hannover and Satsuma : They are improved Yamato and GK basically. In normal battle they will melt fast, but in competitive they are way too tanky. I think that they should stay in this game mode or other extra activities. WG should not consider putting them in normal MM.  Their maneuverability is not that bad compare to normal BB. Only a deficient of around 10% while other important stats are 15% better atleast.

• Cool 1

[L-W-H]
67 posts
4,722 battles

I dont know about you but from what Ive seen the Satsuma and Hannover arent as scary as a Thunderer. Like if im in a DD or Cruiser and I see a thunderer I panic, but when I see the new Super BB i just see XP farming potential

[L-W-H]
67 posts
4,722 battles

Funny I get more scared seeing enemy planes than an enemy Hannover or Satsuma.

[LNA]
2,189 posts
16,447 battles
24 minutes ago, MrHumpty_Dumpty said:

I dont know about you but from what Ive seen the Satsuma and Hannover arent as scary as a Thunderer. Like if im in a DD or Cruiser and I see a thunderer I panic, but when I see the new Super BB i just see XP farming potential

Thunderer melt under pressure, and they are quite tamed in grand battle due to super BB overmatch most of their armor.

The super BB is tanky. Most of this server just lemning and kite away making them rather difficult to kill.

It can tank 5 shima torps and still kicking while other BB is near or already dead.

[MONMU]
74 posts
7,487 battles

Its hard for me to get excited over super battleships when only two nations get them, and they'll no doubt get taken away from us after the event is over.

Also, you named the Japanese super battleship after a small orange fruit.

Yes yes, I know it is a dignified and historic name in Japanese, and I'm a terrible barbarian. But when one shows up on the horizon, I can't help being reminded that I need more vitamin C in my diet... 

[TLS]
5,321 posts
22,034 battles

DDs love them. Big targets to torp and spot.

Edited by dejiko_nyo
  • Cool 1

[BELLE]
498 posts
33,831 battles
34 minutes ago, dejiko_nyo said:

Benham says yum, yum

[FISH]
[FISH]
57 posts
10,949 battles

It's an excellent mode to play DDs in. For sure I'd rather play DDs in Grand Battle than randoms right now.

[TLS]
5,321 posts
22,034 battles

It's the lack of anti-dd that makes it enjoyable in a dd.

• Cool 1

[SMOKE]
3,057 posts
19,534 battles
46 minutes ago, dejiko_nyo said:

It's the lack of anti-dd that makes it enjoyable in a dd.

actually not seeing that , typical game is 3 or 4 DD per team, with 3 or 4 BB per team , which leave CV and Cruiser still having slots , enough to counter , just that most are just tagging along the Super BB all the time , instead of lack of anti-dd , its more like lack of willing anti-dd. Seen plenty of RADAR too

• Cool 1

[L-W-H]
67 posts
4,722 battles
On 6/18/2021 at 3:26 PM, dejiko_nyo said:

if i had a proper torp dd I would enjoy it much more, but playing Hindenburg and farming is still alot of fun

[SEARN]
[SEARN]
Beta Tester
692 posts
21,273 battles

Glad I'm done with the Flag mission and I'm over this game mode already.

[BLESS]
1,571 posts
13,794 battles
On 6/18/2021 at 4:24 PM, Mechfori said:

actually not seeing that , typical game is 3 or 4 DD per team, with 3 or 4 BB per team , which leave CV and Cruiser still having slots , enough to counter , just that most are just tagging along the Super BB all the time , instead of lack of anti-dd , its more like lack of willing anti-dd. Seen plenty of RADAR too

My experience also. Plus Hannover has hydro.

[MRI]
4,045 posts
17,956 battles

Finally done with this game mode. Super boring with everybody either on a lemming train or sniping from max range all day or both. Nobody is playing cruisers, just BBs and DDs with 50% of the CVs being Max Immelmanns just looking to farm damage. I don't see how anybody can find this fun unless they are playing a DD or they like playing passively and sniping.

Good thing is since stats aren't tracked I have been using this game mode to further test CV rockets lol.

Edited by Thyaliad
  • Haha 1

[CLAY]
3,545 posts
15,179 battles
On 6/18/2021 at 12:19 PM, legionary2099 said:

It's a great game mode. Except it has a few problems :
Far too many people who have no idea what they are doing are jumping on this battle mode. Lemnings are real , as well as poor if not stupid decision making. IDK if this mode is available for ppl who don't have high tier or just purchase a tier IX premium to try it. Ofc i can't fix their decision but i can't fathom how does a tier IX-X mode is infested with so many people who can't look at mini map.

But the far greater problem are bots. Since this mode does not reflect on your stats, botting is way too common in this. You know , the kind that only move a bit to the side to get all guns out and shoot.
I am quite sour at the number of bots that pop up in this mode since day 1. If i'm not wrong, game stats are not tracked for this mode, people are so much more eager to bot and get away with it.
WG need to do something about this botting insanity. I have had games where 50% of all team are bots (not the official ones !!).

About Hannover and Satsuma : They are improved Yamato and GK basically. In normal battle they will melt fast, but in competitive they are way too tanky. I think that they should stay in this game mode or other extra activities. WG should not consider putting them in normal MM.  Their maneuverability is not that bad compare to normal BB. Only a deficient of around 10% while other important stats are 15% better atleast.

I don't think WG ever intended these BBs to enter the game proper. The mechanics they use may come in some form, but I doubt the ships would. That said, WG is probably testing to see how far they can push the 'super BB' idea.

Problem is that while I wouldn't call either BB a gamebreaker, they are vulneable to concentrated fire and DDs. They do make it unfun for certain other ships.

You need inteligence reports the use the big BBs, but I think anyonje with a T9 at least can pl;ay the mode, and get more intelligence reports to play. And I'm pretty sure you can buy T9s nowadays... So there are probably no more poor players than random.

42 minutes ago, Thyaliad said:

Finally done with this game mode. Super boring with everybody either on a lemming train or sniping from max range all day or both. Nobody is playing cruisers, just BBs and DDs with 50% of the CVs being Max Immelmanns just looking to farm damage. I don't see how anybody can find this fun unless they are playing a DD or they like playing passively and sniping.

Good thing is since stats aren't tracked I have been this game mode to further test CV rockets lol.

Thye problem with so many BBs is that you do want to keep your distance. 15km is kill zone for most BBs. I think most people do just use this mode for farming. I know I've been using it to grind my Minnesota. What I find annoying is that both teams tend to stay at range and hide behind islands, except for that one ship on enemy team which caps, and then your team loses by points because no-one contests, or spots.

7 hours ago, iDd_Sloth said:

Glad I'm done with the Flag mission and I'm over this game mode already.

I will be happy when I have, still need Satsuma, tried twice and failed. Hannover was easy.

[SMOKE]
3,057 posts
19,534 battles
36 minutes ago, Thyaliad said:

Good thing is since stats aren't tracked I have been this game mode to further test CV rockets lol.

guess I will just finish the mission and get the flag , that's it .. second the saying .. Keep seeing Riga, Petro all staying with the Super BB way back, even a couple  Moskva. I suppose those guys play that for the range instead of the Cruiser part. Too many Yammy , too many lemming run and way too many long range gunboat DD , keep seeing them farm the hell out of the slow BB from 14, 15, 16KM away ( been in a game with two Marceau per team , and once got an enemy team with 4 DD and they are Marceau, Harugumo, Friesland, and Kitakaze ). Is all long range gun duel even for DD ..  which ever team who can early kill enemy DD(s) usually get the upper hand. Not seeing CV doing much except farming here and there its own. I think CV main can contribute better how it goes. The way I see it, this mode cannot be called a success , its just they taking the Super Dreadnought USS BB line concept and take it a step sideway and put the Axis tag on it.

[SMOKE]
3,057 posts
19,534 battles
1 hour ago, Grygus_Triss said:

Thye problem with so many BBs is that you do want to keep your distance. 15km is kill zone for most BBs. I think most people do just use this mode for farming. I know I've been using it to grind my Minnesota. What I find annoying is that both teams tend to stay at range and hide behind islands, except for that one ship on enemy team which caps, and then your team loses by points because no-one contests, or spots.

Yeah, yeah, and yeah , finding my  Neustrashimy suddenly more viable and guess what, seeing more Thunderer.

Edited by Mechfori