17 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
33 posts
9,044 battles

It's great to win but please make the battles fair. If i was on the enemy team i'd be annoyed. There was no need to cap cos the kills were too easy. Please add bots if you can't get enough players in random fights. 

Too easy.png

Edited by Sikkem_PGC

Beta Tester
320 posts
29 battles

If this happen in tier 6~8+ with much DDs, team who have smaller number of player. That team will won the battle :hiding:

But, this is random battle. MM can't add bot. If you want to fight with bot, go play Co-op with less exp than random battle :child:

Senior Moderator
4,798 posts
1,924 battles

Have a look at the numbers on line before selecting PVP or PVE.

This is my rule of thumb:

<500 = PVE as I normally don't get full PVP battles then.

500 to <1000 = a mix of PVP/PVE, I'll look at the queue thingy that says how many in my bracket. if that's <16 (8 a side) then I'll go back to PVE

>1000 = PVP - should always get a full battle (doesn't mean MM won't have hissy fits - it will still do that lol)

[1NATN]
Beta Tester
192 posts
11,244 battles

Maybe the usual formula wargaming use for MM is changed in Beta due to the smaller numbers of players.

In Wot there is a formula for MM that make sense once you understand it and despite repeated claims of unfair MM it really isn't, however the above shot from Harpoon would suggest MM is broken or more likely the parameters are different due to closed beta.

Ours is not to reason why, ours it but to play and die.

Beta testing is fun. :playing:

Beta Tester
1,007 posts
2,333 battles

Beta testing is fun. :playing:

Don't get mad when people tking you and get mad at you for some reason :trollface:

Beta Tester
33 posts
9,044 battles

If this happen in tier 6~8+ with much DDs, team who have smaller number of player. That team will won the battle :hiding:

But, this is random battle. MM can't add bot. If you want to fight with bot, go play Co-op with less exp than random battle :child:

What is MM? Why are you stating the obvious about co-op & random? I think you missed the point of my post. Being a Beta tester does not give you the authority to tell other players what Wargaming can do and can't do.

Beta Tester
320 posts
29 battles

What is MM? Why are you stating the obvious about co-op & random? I think you missed the point of my post.

Wait... you makes me confused :amazed: Let me get straight. I think you already know what is MM means. It's Match Maker.

On your post you said "Please add bots if you can't get enough players in random fights." So, i say on my first post, in random battle MM can't add any bot on both team. Only Co-op battle you can battling with bot.

Being a Beta tester does not give you the authority to tell other players what Wargaming can do and can't do.

Sorry, for that opinion I can't give any comment :x

679 posts
3,491 battles

I have written this on 2 occasions.  MM algorithms require approx 5000 players for matchmaking to work correctly.  The small numbers of Beta players will mean that all matchmaking is deeply flawed. This is not a game/systems error, this is due to low numbers.  Reports from the Russian server indicate that MM is working fine.  We just have to put up with a bit of doginess for the moment!

Beta Tester
29 posts
4,431 battles

JH7BB8v.jpg

This is disgusting!!!!

Fix this before doing anything else like adding new ships to milk more from loyal players

ps. I was going to rage quit when the match started but meh~ I tried.... 

Edited by UvebeenHAZED

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

FDu6hGz.pnganother "balance" match. 

silly OP the houshou is in "division' with higher tier ship so he was drag on this battle by our great MM so the was on this match. its not our MM who's at fault here, its his fault for having divisioned with higher tier ship.

:sceptic:

[PANZA]
Senior Moderator
820 posts
932 battles

Please dont make the mistake thinking MatchMaking is working the same way as in WoT (Battletiers system).

In WoWS, even though MM is based on similar premises algorithmic wise as WoT's MM use, WoWS MM is not using a Battletiers system. It takes shiptypes into consideration in its allocation of teams.

There will be an indepth explanation of WoWS's MM system on the WoWS wiki, as we get closer to OBT/Live release, according to my contacts on the dev team.

WoWS MM is still a work in progress, but as more data is collected by the devs, during this CBT phase, it will get better. Even with the small playernumbers we have during peak times (5-6K players), it IMHO actually does a fairly good job, maintaining low queue times, and making battles reasonably fair as well as interesting.

If you want a completely fair MM, then you have it in Coop mode - Any ship on the team will be matched by the exact same ship on the other team. Which IMHO makes a fairly dull battle order, but thats just IMHO.

Alpha Tester
184 posts
2,083 battles

It should get better when there are more players available to put into a match and this is why were in CBT :)

[SIF]
Super Tester
3,832 posts
4,110 battles

It should get better when there are more players available to put into a match and this is why were in CBT :)

Not necessarily.  As stated it is not like WOT's MM.  here are full games and I am seeing 3 tiers higher in some cases in reasonably full games9FRQlaZ.jpg

R0HHwkp.jpg

Beta Tester
29 posts
4,431 battles

Have to bring this up again, cos the matching is still broken with 20k+ players..

My team did extremely well in this, good communication and shield CVs, BBs with defensive fire against planes... but nope...MM says "[content removed] You and All you teammates!"

Start of [content removed]:

[content removed]

My [content removed] is over:

[content removed]

Final Score: 799-1000

Look at how many enemy ships remaining!!!

and how many flag we have, a DD is rushing to cap the very last flag!!!

[content removed]

Report #1 (Whatever...)

BBZbxeL.jpg

Report #2 (Whatever...)

XWpPT9C.jpg

Inappropriate, profanity. Post edited, user warned.

~amade

Edited by amade

Beta Tester
29 posts
4,431 battles

To amade,

Respect your descision

Everyone has different standard and definition of profanity

In other gaming forums,  I can say the f word by blocking 2 letters and obviously,  this is still too much here.

And I wasn't intended to insult anyone.. just wanted to make the post lively lol

As for the R word,  welll.  I can find it news reports.  :P

25 posts
15 battles

This is really funny, ALL games like this have this problem. Cause... the world is NOT perfect.

The fix... NO-ONE has found one to date... I will send you a memo when it happens....

Probably when we discover a race of flying pigs or find world peace... I will keep you posted...

*snikker*