Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
The_Pharoah

Question: shell damage

4 comments in this topic

Alpha Tester
24 posts
186 battles

how does it work? I mean, I'm driving an Omaha and EVERY time I get hit hit by shells, suddenly my steering is buggered. Every time. Understand the HE causes fire, etc.

Beta Tester
2,718 posts
1,988 battles

how does it work? I mean, I'm driving an Omaha and EVERY time I get hit hit by shells, suddenly my steering is buggered. Every time. Understand the HE causes fire, etc.

Omaha and Phoenix had next to no armour when facing 6 inch+ shells. Same story goes to the Kuma, Aoba and many IJN ships. Their Citadel is huge and very vulnerable - So try not to get hit or else you will die very quickly :hiding: 

Beta Tester
131 posts
2,024 battles

HE is a problem atm where it sets fire way to easily and HE's is also doing a lot of AP damage, which is why I dont use AP on my CA any more Next patch should fix that, but like everyone said US CA in mid tiers and all IJN tiers are glass cannons. 

Think of it this way your Omaha is fighting off Furutaka and Aobia class CA's that run 203mm guns which can pen battleships through the deck and occasionally the weaker points on side armour.

Edited by Tarrell

Sign in to follow this