Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Deathcharge

Cleveland AA too weak?

6 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
15 posts
1,878 battles

So I had a game where two enemy torpedo plane squadrons fly almost directly over my Cleveland, about 1km out. So, I activate my AA capability, and for some reason not a single plane was shot down. Is it just a bug or just some crazy RNG? Because at that range all my AA guns can fire and I got the special ability activated.

Beta Tester
2,718 posts
1,988 battles

Your AA had something called "Damage Per second". The AA ability will mess up the Bombers aim and their bomb/Torpedo Spread but the Damage Output (Edit) increase is not a must. 

Also, if the planes incoming are high tiers, their HP is higher as well and are not as easy to shot down. Shooting down a lot of planes is not a must a USN CL/CA, their AA stats are just better than the IJN/Other countries.

Edited by Alvin1020

Super Tester
2,725 posts

Hold & press control button then click on the aircraft icon to focus fire on the marked target, then activate your Cruiser's AA skill. Watch that marked aviation squadron gets shot down easily.

Beta Tester
3,033 posts
1,487 battles

Hold & press control button then click on the aircraft icon to focus fire on the marked target, then activate your Cruiser's AA skill. Watch that marked aviation squadron gets shot down easily.

It would still take about 20s to take down a full squadron though, and by that time, they would've passed over and moving towards your blue lining BBs.

Super Tester
2,725 posts

It would still take about 20s to take down a full squadron though, and by that time, they would've passed over and moving towards your blue lining BBs.

Oh that's enough. Sometimes CV players still confused where to aim.

Senior Moderator
3,837 posts
2,602 battles

Oh that's enough. Sometimes CV players still confused where to aim.

If the planes are fast enough, have lots of HP and are just passing through you might not down any planes at all. However, they'll certainly be damaged and will be brought down faster if they go into any other dense AA cover later on.

Sign in to follow this