Forum Shutdown 28/7/2023  Read more... ×
Forum Shutdown 28/7/2023  Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Andy_Siau

"King of the Sea" Collection

12 comments in this topic

[IMS]
2,731 posts
33,741 battles

Participated and through Combat Mission, gotten a KOTS container and started this collection.
Wow the reward for completing this collection is a "Premium Ship VII container"

Understand that these KOTS containers are not available in Armory to use Coal or dubloons to purchase, THUS have to WAIT for coming combat missions to complete and get the containers right?

1,345 posts
20,568 battles

Watch KOTS live streams to get container drops (not codes). I believe you have to have the stream window active to earn the container drop, and apparently you have to watch 4 different streams to earn the 4 containers that are available this year (5 including the mission you just completed).

• Cool 1

[VIRAL]
949 posts
30,472 battles

This is the only collection I haven't completed even after 2 years. Are we going to be given an opportunity to complete this collection, perhaps this year?

1,345 posts
20,568 battles
29 minutes ago, Sambo_Cigars said:

This is the only collection I haven't completed even after 2 years. Are we going to be given an opportunity to complete this collection, perhaps this year?

I think last year was the last time they gave out crates for watching COTS live streams, I seem to recall some feedback either in the forums or during an official twitch stream where the kots collection was discussed and players reminded that the opportunity to get the crates was coming to an end. There are 3 available in the armoury for community tokens. I assume you have already secured those.  

[VIRAL]
949 posts
30,472 battles
1 hour ago, UnderTheRadarAgain said:

I think last year was the last time they gave out crates for watching COTS live streams, I seem to recall some feedback either in the forums or during an official twitch stream where the kots collection was discussed and players reminded that the opportunity to get the crates was coming to an end. There are 3 available in the armoury for community tokens. I assume you have already secured those.  

I already have the 3 containers available for community tokens. If WG isn't going to provide those of us with an incomplete KOTS collection with a means to complete it, then at least they should give us an option to remove the collection. There is no point in having a collection you can not complete.

Edited by Sambo_Cigars

[HIT]
804 posts
6,508 battles
5 minutes ago, Sambo_Cigars said:

I already have the 3 containers available for community tokens. If WG isn't going to provide those of us with an incomplete KOTS collection with a means to complete it, then at least they should give us an option to remove the collection. There is no point in having a collection you can not complete.

Agreed. I don't even know how I got the collection started? Must have used the Community Tokens I guess? Regardless, no way I'm watching streams to get containers.

Hopefully can remove the collection altogether as you have also suggested.

[IMS]
2,731 posts
33,741 battles
32 minutes ago, Sambo_Cigars said:

26 minutes ago, Don72 said:

Agreed. I don't even know how I got the collection started? Must have used the Community Tokens I guess? Regardless, no way I'm watching streams to get containers.

Hopefully can remove the collection altogether as you have also suggested.

Already completed some time ago.
Watching Twitch streams, missions, etc.

167 posts

When I watched KOTS a couple or three years ago i missed the last container/crate, got the crate the following year and all the other crates but no new mish just double ups with the 15000 accredited for each time....

I really like watching KOTS. There can be some crazy games with ship build style/tactics deployed during the round robin morphing into a refining of those ideas combined with the best individual and team play. The pin point accuracy of the cross the map shot with only having maybe, half a second spot window. Delete. WOW. Each year is different because of new ships, keeping it fresh. What we have had the year of the Venezia, Marceau ( wan't this from our own SEA and KOTS winning team VOR tack tick?) Which will it be this year? What ships are banned?

• Cool 1

1,345 posts
20,568 battles

The KOTS streams were sometimes pure comedy. Especially when some of the EU CC's were openly dismissive and even outright rude toward the Asian teams - it was pure comedy seeing them eat their words LIVE. Those couple of guys whose names I just cannot remember were so confident in the EU server superiority. 

It took me 3 years to complete the collection. I got the last missing piece last year.

• Funny 2
  • Haha 1

[VIRAL]
949 posts
30,472 battles
2 hours ago, UnderTheRadarAgain said:

The KOTS streams were sometimes pure comedy. Especially when some of the EU CC's were openly dismissive and even outright rude toward the Asian teams - it was pure comedy seeing them eat their words LIVE. Those couple of guys whose names I just cannot remember were so confident in the EU server superiority. 

It took me 3 years to complete the collection. I got the last missing piece last year.

So when is the next KOTS event planned? Was there a KOTS competition this year, if so why didn't WG announce it with more fanfare?

167 posts
3 hours ago, Sambo_Cigars said:

So when is the next KOTS event planned? Was there a KOTS competition this year, if so why didn't WG announce it with more fanfare?

The King of the Sea XIV tournament will take place from October 8 through October 30.

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/general-news/kots-xiv/

Want to register Sep 23? below is the ruleset of KOTS XIV

https://gdoc.pub/doc/1SO3FNiJbPI05HvT7LTe_EVG6snDWrUuiKcihGMT1T1M#?usp=sharing

• Thanks 1

[HIT]
804 posts
6,508 battles
On 9/7/2022 at 4:31 PM, Andy_Siau said:

Already completed some time ago.
Watching Twitch streams, missions, etc.

Of course, full time gamers get everything completed :cap_rambo:

Sign in to follow this