dead_man_walking

UI Things to do Check List

247 comments in this topic

Senior Moderator
4,798 posts
1,924 battles

26/06/15 Edit - updated with known changes from 4.0 - if I've missed any that can be cross out let me know! 

Updated 1/07/15 

Updated 9/07/15

Updated 10/07/15

Updated 14/07/15

Been a While - Updated 29/9/15 with patched in changes rolled up to 0.5.0.1

Update 10/11/15 0.5.1 patch

Long time since an Update - Updated 20/07/16 to 0.5.8!

To start with this is not a thread for a general rant and rave about this or that - keep it to the things we know are in the other titles but are still missing from WoWS.

I'll start with a few of mine and I'll keep updating/crossing off as things are completed/added to the list:

• OTM options (permanent alt, AC types etc)
  • Alternative gun sights
  • Depot (i.e. separate tab like WoT)
  • Convert XP from previously elited ships without having tokens/doubloons/goldz (see how much you could convert)
  • Training Rooms (without mods)
  • Filter ships by class/tier/nation in port 0.5.1 patch 
  • Barracks without going through a ship (i.e. separate tab like WoT)
  • last known position - Steeltrap 
  • Accelerate Crew Training - Alvin/Syanda
  • Battle History Reports in Port - Harpoon01 (Update 4.0)
  • In Game Reporting System - Cyanide7662 (Update 4.0)
  • Last known shell landing location (resets when you fire the gun again) -DaNoob
  • Armor thickness and citadel viewer in Port (doesn't have to be numbers, just colors is enough) - DaNoob
  • Captain skills planner (possible-auto skill-up when level is reached) - DaNoob
  • Permanent display of current rudder setting - as per the throttle setting (and many other posts along these lines) - TrozOz

• Swap the map Alphanumeric map labels on the minimap to align with those of WoT.  Ie running across the top of the map and down the left side - TrozOz

• Torpedo reload timers for each torpedo turret rather than the single timer as it current is - TrozOz

• A timer on the capture flag to show how long left (in secs) rather than just the bar - TrozOz

• A visual range ring showing your area of AA effectiveness - TrozOz

• Change Metric indicators for surface items to nautical miles - DMW

• Change Team Listing Tab to by Tier/Alpha (as per WoT) - IceWraithKing

• Transparent Minimap  - Alvin1020

• AA's Animation more cinematic - Alvin1020

• Dynamic Hangar/Port Selection - Alvin1020/Chawp

• Dynamic stats - When you install modules/upgrades/captain's skills - Alvin1020/Umidori 0.5.0.1

• Showing the EXP progress of your Captain in the results screen - Chawp

• Larger Font/Better colour of battle timer/cap timer - Ragster - Updated -

• move timers to center top of screen rather than top right hand corner - Syanda

• edited - better indication of smoke/smoke boundary when zoomed in 

• configurable cap border marker - Umidori

• Change Ship UI hover for AA/Secondaries to overhead versus side view - Evyl

• Graphics Settings on Launcher - Harpoon01 0.5.0.1

• Extend time-out of mini-map alerts, e.g. Attention to target - UQ_ShinobuOshino

• Borderless Windowed mode - ilordShade (see this post)

• Map border visibility when zoomed in - Harpoon01

• Ship Collision alarm - ragster

• Ghost riding camera for CV Planes - Halken_Sky

• edited - Division chat in battle (tab option) like WoT - ragster/UQ_ShinobuOshino

• Warning on re-training/training a captain that skill(s) are not applicable for selected ship - DaNoob

• Quick message functions/radial dial - Black_Ice 0.5.0.1

• Consistent hot key mapping (BB repair etc) - Potoroo  0.5.1 patch

• Hull preview prior to purchase/research - Umidori

• Fix domination mode announcements - Potoroo

• Damage to self from fire/flood in post battle reports - Steeltrap

• Spawn division members closer together - Dawbacca    0.5.1 patch

• Change sale of ship interface to include price check box (stop bots) and specific warning for Premium ships - ragster/Umidori,Harpoon01,Halken_Sky,Potoroo

• Change mouse/pointer/cursor behaviour to match WoT after functions accessed (i.e. return to center of screen vice where you left it last) - DaNoob

• when started from the .exe rather than the launcher, client needs to check the server version

• change the damage indicator to show what can and cannot be repaired (e.g. make the non repairable red)

• More camera points/points of view - i.e. ability to zoom out and see entire ship, change zoom levels/camera points to not just fore/aft turrets - Umidori

• Maintain camera last position in port - Harpoon01

• Division invitations visibility when in tabs other than port & Duration of visibilty- Umidori

• Indicator of number of friends online - Pyranite (this post)

• Same zoom levels regardless of weapon type chosen.  I.E. extend binoculars view when torpedoes are chosen - Umidori/Syanda

• Minimap target indicators per player - AntifoulAwl

• remove or make toggle able the element that lets you change the drop zone for manual attacks after the attack has been ordered - Harpoon01/Halken_Sky

• Expandable/optionable team list details in battle - Black_Ice

• Properly romanized IJN ship names - Syanda

• Gunsight indicator change to dark orange if your shot would be blocked by land -dmw

• Post battle report team list to show and be sortable by damage, ac kills, etc - Tanzer0.5.1 patch 

• Post battle report to include damage from different sources, e.g. fire, flood etc - Steeltrap

• In game replay selection options (like WoT) - Black_Ice

• Replay navigation controls (FF etc - like WoT) - Black_Ice

• Easier Identification of ship commander is trained for (not just which ship they are on) - Black_Ice

• Commander Customisations (Name, Picture) - Riou_Atreides

• Correct Animation of Rudder/Propellers - Tanzer

• Friendly smoke indicator on minimap - Halken_Sky

• Disable battle Chat - Kotono_Amaha

• game mode selection/de-selection (like WoT) - Kotono_Amaha

*not included due discussions/advanced controls (not in keeping with current game play)

• Change torpedo spread for AC - Harpoon01
  • Manual torpedo spread settings - Harpoon01
  • Neutral turret setting when target unavailable/Split turrets port/stbd fore/aft - Syanda
  • Manual AA controls
  • Division way points shared/viewable between members - Dawbacca - this thread
  • Replace/Augment torpedo buzzer with voice warning for torpedoes - Harpoon01(Update 4.0)

• Click and hold will fire guns as soon as ready, not just the one salvo - DaNoob/Potoroo (Update 4.0.?)

• Post battle stats to show impact of flag groups - DaNoob - this thread

• Advanced keyboard control mapping - iLordShade - this post

• Friendly Ship rudder indicators - SteelTrap - this post

• Different Ports per nation - Brizone via Harpoon01

• Player Online Status indicators, e.g. in battle, look for division etc - Chawp

• Status of friendly skills - R3negade

Thread closed.  Run it's course.

~dead_man_walking

Beta Tester
2,718 posts
1,988 battles

Yes - and please I had waited for so long now - ACCELERATE CREW TRAINING.

Thought it was this patch - Nope.

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

Someone already suggest this:

REPORT TAB so you can scroll up to see the result of your up to 5 previous battle easily

Alpha Tester
210 posts
4,306 battles

Much needed, complaint system. Recently, ive seen 4 players in carriers, one even did it twice, bomb and torp themselves to deny a kill.

[ADM_L]
Beta Tester
279 posts
895 battles

Last known shell landing location (resets when you fire the gun again)
Armor thickness and citadel viewer in Port (doesn't have to be numbers, just colors is enough)
Captain skills planner (possible-auto skill-up when level is reached)

• Convert XP from previously elited ships without having tokens/doubloons/goldz (see how much you could convert)

This, so very much. I don't even care if I make a massive loss in silver in the conversion... It even makes sense from WG's viewpoint, as the result might even make WG some profit ("arggg, I am out of silve again!! Money shop is looking tempting!!")

Edited by DaNoob

[ADM_L]
Beta Tester
279 posts
895 battles

Edit: remembered another thing:

When warning markers appear onscreen for planes/torps, their distance from your ship is indicated via how red the icons are, as well as how close to the center of the screen it is.

Problem is, there's isn't any point of reference for just how close that something is other than color: at first glance, you just don't know if that target indicator is referring to something "in the distance", or "danger close".

Thus this suggestion: an option to draw the "warning icons circle" on the screen.

Edited by DaNoob

Senior Moderator
4,798 posts
1,924 battles

Last known shell landing location (resets when you fire the gun again)

Armor thickness and citadel viewer in Port (doesn't have to be numbers, just colors is enough)

Captain skills planner (possible-auto skill-up when level is reached)

This, so very much. I don't even care if I make a massive loss in silver in the conversion... It even makes sense from WG's viewpoint, as the result might even make WG some profit ("arggg, I am out of silve again!! Money shop is looking tempting!!")

Hmm I don't remember these from WoT - something "new" (I'll add it anyways unless debate over rules)

Edit: remembered another thing:

When warning markers appear onscreen for planes/torps, their distance from your ship is indicated via how red the icons are, as well as how close to the center of the screen it is.

Problem is, there's isn't any point of reference for just how close that something is other than color: at first glance, you just don't know if that target indicator is referring to something "in the distance", or "danger close".

Thus this suggestion: an option to draw the "warning icons circle" on the screen.

You get distance if you hold down alt (or find a way to use it permanently) isn't that enough of an indicator?

[ADM_L]
Beta Tester
279 posts
895 battles

Hmm I don't remember these from WoT - something "new" (I'll add it anyways unless debate over rules)

You get distance if you hold down alt (or find a way to use it permanently) isn't that enough of an indicator?

Yeah, those are something new that's not in WoT. 

And apparently I didn't know alt works that way too. I guess you can withdraw that last one. 

[PANZA]
Alpha Tester
42 posts
2,368 battles

- Permanent display of current rudder setting - as per the throttle setting (and many other posts along these lines)

- Swap the map Alphanumeric map labels on the minimap to align with those of WoT.  Ie running across the top of the map and down the left side

- Torpedo reload timers for each torpedo turret rather than the single timer as it current is

- A timer on the capture flag to show how long left (in secs) rather than just the bar

- A visual range ring showing your area of AA effectiveness

Alpha Tester
104 posts
28 battles

"Tab" Tab rework. right now its organized via ship classification, not tier,

also Battle report needs some re-work, make it like wot

and notification box needs work. right now you cant scroll the box to see previous notifs

Alpha Tester
1,638 posts
7,230 battles

How about when a ship is targeted, the corresponding ship on the minimap gets a target marker as well.

Senior Moderator
4,798 posts
1,924 battles

How about when a ship is targeted, the corresponding ship on the minimap gets a target marker as well.

for all or for just you?

IMO it would drive me nuts as DD's switch targets to check where the lead is going before firing if it was to all, but that's just me.

Beta Tester
2,718 posts
1,988 battles

A few more things,

- Transparent Minimap please - I want to make the map bigger but it's so obstructing :sceptic:

Edit:

- Can the AA's Animation be more cinematic? Sometimes I am in a USN Cruiser but it just look very dull. Can be a High/Medium/Low Setting thing.

- Dynamic Hangar! I Always want some really cool hangars (Planes Flying around/Weather will randomize each time you log in, etc.....) without installing Mods :P

- Dynamic stats (When you install modules) may be? This is something I really want in World of Tanks and I have to install XVM to get (To an extent only) that. Would be nice WoWs can bring this in. 

Edited by Alvin1020

Super Tester
1,779 posts
341 battles

How does the reporting system work?

cuz man, there are times when I click the "Battle" button and finally found a match, I get kicked out of the game back to the log-in screen, and when I do logged back in (sometimes I can play back in the match either I've been sunk or still floating) my ship is in battle and of course I can't get back in that said battle because of that..

and now, players think I'm afk on that match and they would report me for being afk.. It would be much better if this reporting system will only work for TK's (even though there's a penalty for it) or any abusive behavior in-game (i.e: trash talking etc.)

anyways, whatever the decision WG comes up, (ughh) I'll just accept it, it's just, I don't want to be branded in-game as an afk player just because I got kicked out of the game for some unknown reasons :v

Senior Moderator
4,798 posts
1,924 battles

To here included - stay on topic please @ragster - this is not a discussion about what does/doesn't happen - but about UI improvements

[BLUMR]
1,134 posts
1,377 battles

Showing the EXP progress of your Captain in the results screen. Would just be nice to see how much XP i gained for my captain that match and how far he is off leveling without going back to port.

Edit: Would also like the option to choose which Port/Hanger we can display. I like the Pre-0.3.1 prem port than the one we have now.

View PostAlvin1020, on 20 May 2015 - 07:17 PM, said:

- Can the AA's Animation be more cinematic? Sometimes I am in a USN Cruiser but it just look very dull. Can be a High/Medium/Low Setting thing.

Running on Very High, my AA fire is like lightning up the sky like a xmas tree.

Edited by Chawp

Super Tester
1,779 posts
341 battles

BIGGER FONTS FOR THE TIMER and probably a different color or something~ like srsly, you won't even notice it until it's glowing yellow

also, a keyboard key or something, that makes you remove the HUD (Compas, map all of it) for Screen shot purposes ;)

Super Tester
1,779 posts
341 battles

ctrl-g ragster

oh~ D:

thanks for that..

I guess that timer thing will do, the should change that one, since it's barely noticeable in-game