Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
IJN_Katori

Stream Answers Thread.

55 comments in this topic

[LBAS]
3,372 posts
15,770 battles
  1. There will be a new nation in devblog soon!
  2. SUBMARINES ARE RETESTED, THEY ARE READY.
  3. Waterline vid is coming tommorow

@S0und_Theif @S4pp3R help me in case for this thread. its going to be big

Edited by IJN_Katori
  • Cool 3

[-CAT-]
3,302 posts
13,270 battles

Dead eye "rework" tomorrow.
(Please keep in mind the WG has a history of choosing the wrong words. It could be rework , rename, or update.)

No scenario / operations are being worked on the moment. Might make new, separate PvE content.
(Asked 3 times in the stream, and in the 3rd response, there is that "unpopular" lie again. And the sound of getting frustraited about the question. Submarines more important.)

Kitakami.
(Stuck in balance hell.)

No new maps.
(Reworking the old maps to accomodate submarines.)

Someone requested for FF7 collab.
(Crysantos also likes this idea)

Funny:

Someone requested to implement "Ever Given" in the game.
(They [streamers] already have talked about it with the developers.)

Edited by S0und_Theif
  • Cool 2

[KOREA]
Moderator, Community Contributor
924 posts
8,521 battles

Great work guys!! Please keep this topic updated !

[LBAS]
3,372 posts
15,770 battles

4. Support Carriers are now progress in implementation, Gimmicks will be ANNOUNCED.

5. Axis and Allies will add more content.

6. KOTS XII will have more rules.

7.Missiles and other weaponry are being in development (RESUMED.(

8. Uss Laffey is mentioned ( and other Obscure ships like H-44)

[-CAT-]
3,302 posts
13,270 battles
2 minutes ago, IJN_Katori said:

Devblog will be posted here also. Note that the BLOG and the chat will be merged here

@S0und_Theif

Woudn't that be too confusing.

I will attach links here so that players can have separate feedbacks for separate topics.

Merging them might confuse everyone. :fish_book:

[LYNMF]
Beta Tester
1,977 posts
6,587 battles

We need more SCENARIOS over than more bote and crap.

• Cool 1
  • Thanks 1

[-CAT-]
3,302 posts
13,270 battles

Auction.

Looks like WG found a way to credit sink players.

Will this be discriminatory or money pit like the Rubbish Burnheap = ????

[-CAT-]
3,302 posts
13,270 battles

Clan Battle 13

7v7

T10

2 capital ships allowed.
1 CV and 1 BB or 0 CV and 2 BB

Ranked Battle 3

7v7

Bronze = T6, T7
Silver = T8, T10
Gold = T10

Brawl 2

12 v 12

T10

Arms Race Mode

1 week only

Edited by S0und_Theif

[LBAS]
3,372 posts
15,770 battles

image.png.abb37cd60a2dcaa7d8eb1f1b453f0425.png

image.png.c5cbfd8342ec4c1e80c38c4c6395549f.png

NEW WEAPON: AIRSTRIKE!

Edited by IJN_Katori

[-CAT-]
3,302 posts
13,270 battles

Note:

It is Dutch tech tree.

Not under the EU tech tree.

Edited by S0und_Theif

5,584 posts
9,286 battles
10 hours ago, S0und_Theif said:

Note:

It is Dutch tech tree.

Not under the EU tech tree.

EU while testing, Dutch when released.

I was mad when they said it'd be a seperate nation, but they clarified it. GODDAMMIT.

Edited by Paladinum

[LBAS]
3,372 posts
15,770 battles
8 minutes ago, Paladinum said:

Dutch while testing, EU when released.

I was mad when they said it'd be a seperate nation, but they clarified it.

Dutch have Airstrikes

Dutch also evolves into Super Cruisers starting Tier 8 until X

Edited by IJN_Katori

[CLAY]
Beta Tester
5,050 posts
23,221 battles

The upper Tier Dutchies are Heavy/Large Cruisers.

60 sec burn time.

[CLAY]
Beta Tester
5,050 posts
23,221 battles
24 minutes ago, IJN_Katori said:

image.png.87abf3af96a3913160aa99244cc22222.png

Imma be team Knight Dude.

[LBAS]
3,372 posts
15,770 battles

ST 0.10.4, NEW SHIPS

In 0.10.4, we're introducing a branch of Dutch cruisers, Dutch Tier VIII cruiser De Zeven Provinciёn, and American Tier VIII cruiser Congress to the test.

Please note that all information in the development blog is preliminary. Announced adjustments and features may change multiple times during testing. The final information will be published on our game's website.

We are glad to present a new playable nation and tech tree - the Netherlands.

The following researchable Dutch cruisers will be added to the game in the upcoming closed testing session:

• Tier I Van Kinsbergen
  • Tier II Gelderland
  • Tier III Java
  • Tier IV De Ruyter
  • Tier V Celebes
  • Tier VI Kijkduin
  • Tier VII Eendracht
  • Tier VIII Haarlem
  • Tier IX Johan de Witt
  • Tier X Gouden Leeuw

phpGfcmNi

phpLHbmEK

phpfFOGgH

phpjopfff

phpGBGPhm

phpHmdHjP

phpemnPpl

phpCLgpbo

phpJmDICj

phpPonHNi

Ships will be tested in the nation of Europe until update 0.10.5, after update 0.10.5 they will be moved to a separate nation - the Netherlands.

These cruisers were developed for the Netherlands East Indies Fleet, though work on most was interrupted by the German invasion in 1940. The ships were designed to counter Japanese heavy cruisers.

Dutch cruisers perform best at close and medium range, supporting allies in the fight for key areas. They have good survivability for a cruiser due to strong armor, especially at high levels, and also have good concealment and maneuverability. The cruisers are equipped with a new type of armament "Air Strike". At high tiers, ships have a big caliber, and their characteristics such as fire duration, hit points and armor are similar to those of large cruisers.

Since the Dutch cruisers are equipped with a new type of armament, the concept of ships can change significantly during testing.

Key Features of the Dutch cruisers:

• Good maneuverability and concealment, but low firing range and rate of fire;
  • "Hydroacoustic search" consumable, as well as a choice between "Fighter" or "Spotting Aircraft" " available from Tier IV;
  • New "Airstrike" armament available from Tier IV;
  • "Repair party" Consumable with increased reload speed and "Defensive AA Fire" available from Tier VIII;
  • Strong armor on high tiers;
  • Tier VIII-X ships are armed with the following caliber:
    • Haarlem, Tier VIII - 203mm;
    • Johan de Witt, Tier IX - 240mm;
    • Gouden Leeuw, Tier X - 283mm.

Please note that with Update 0.10.6, Tier IX destroyer Friesland will be moved from the "Europe" nation to the "Netherlands" nation. 

Airstrike

Airstrike is a new type of armament that first appears on Dutch cruisers. Due to the fact that this is a new mechanic, both the concept of ships and the concept of armament can change significantly during testing.

At the moment, aircraft, called by the Air Strike armament, are equipped with HE bombs, will operate at a distance of 8-10 km and drop bombs on an area comparable to the size of two battleships. Bombs will take a long time to reach their target, so it's best to use them against large and low-mobility targets.

At the same time, the aircraft don't detect opponents and —unlike aircraft carrier squadrons— they are not directly controlled by the player.

This type of armament is based on the actually used method of low-altitude bombing with parachute-equipped bombs.

The bombing is carried out in two stages:

1. The bomb descends a certain distance on a parachute, which detaches after a while;
  2. The bombs fall the rest of the way without a parachute.

phpacdJbn

phpLgaKHg

American cruiser Congress, Tier VIII:

Congress – American cruiser dated 1940. This project is the predecessor of an Alaska-class cruisers. Ship is named after one of six US Navy three-masted heavy frigates built in 1797-1800s.

Due to the high weight of the salvo, good accuracy and good firing range, she's able to effectively inflict damage to enemy ships from a long distance. The ship is equipped with the following consumables: "Repair party", "Hydroacoustic search" or "Defensive AA Fire" in the second slot, and "Surveillance radar", "Fighter" or "Spotting Aircraft" in the third slot. Therefore, due to her good air defense, high survivability and a wide selection of equipment, is able to effectively support allies in the fight for key areas.phpcJjnin

Dutch cruiser De Zeven Provinciën, Tier VIII:

A light cruiser laid down before the outbreak of World War II and completed in the 1950s according to a modified project. In the second half of the XX century she was purchased by Peru. Decommissioned only in September 2017, she was the last artillery cruiser in the world to remain in service.

De Zeven Provinciën is equipped with eight universal 152 mm guns in four turrets, "Specialized Repair Teams", "Engine Boost" consumables, and the "Air Strike" armament. The ship's guns have a medium firing range and high fire rate. The cruiser is able to quickly change flank or take an advantageous position due to "Engine Boost" consumable.phpMjmgEL

Ship's characteristics

Also added to the game the Soviet Tier VIII cruiser Bagration built on the basis of the Tier VIII cruiser P. Bagration. The new ship will be used in partnership promotions.

Edited by IJN_Katori

[-CAT-]
3,302 posts
13,270 battles

0.10.5 Dutch cruisers and New ships

0.10.4 German Destroyer Pt. 2

[-CAT-]
3,302 posts
13,270 battles

What will WG think of next?

Spanish and / or Portugese Cruisers Tech Tree. (Iberian Pact)

Polish Destroyers Tech Tree separate from the EU flag and creates their own nation line.

Swedish Destroyers Tech Tree separates from the EU flag and creates their own nation line.

EU flag will be reintroduced with Austro Hungarian, Romanian, Greek, Bulgarian, and Yugoslavian Destroyers.
Torpedo mechanic is the same as plasma torpedo mechanic as found on Big Hunt. (For every consistent hit on the same spot, you get citadelled. By torpedo.)

:fish_book:

Edited by S0und_Theif

[LBAS]
3,372 posts
15,770 battles
2 hours ago, S0und_Theif said:

What will WG think of next?

Spanish and / or Portugese Cruisers Tech Tree. (Iberian Pact)

Polish Destroyers Tech Tree separate from the EU flag and creates their own nation line.

Swedish Destroyers Tech Tree separates from the EU flag and creates their own nation line.

EU flag will be reintroduced with Austro Hungarian, Romanian, Greek, Bulgarian, and Yugoslavian Destroyers.
Torpedo mechanic is the same as plasma torpedo mechanic as found on Big Hunt. (For every consistent hit on the same spot, you get citadelled. By torpedo.)

:fish_book:

Spanish Heavy Cruisers/

As for Battleships? Finland would fit the most (since they have Germany designs for a Battleship)

[151ST]
3,466 posts
11,700 battles
7 hours ago, IJN_Katori said:

@S0und_Theif @S4pp3R help me in case for this thread. its going to be big

I can help with analysis. Otherwise it's in the middle of the night for me and I was doing dad stuff 😕

7 hours ago, S0und_Theif said:

Kitakami.
(Stuck in balance hell.)

IMO should stay there

7 hours ago, S0und_Theif said:

Auction.

Looks like WG found a way to credit sink players.

Will this be discriminatory or money pit like the Rubbish Burnheap = ????

Look into WoT Black Market, it's most likely inspired by that. It can be good, can be dumb, generally the house wins (WG).

6 hours ago, Paladinum said:

Dutch while testing, EU when released.

I was mad when they said it'd be a seperate nation, but they clarified it.

I need to watch the video but it's not entirely a bad thing in the long run to have them as a separate nation. Dutch based on these CRs could at least do DDs too...

Spain is another one that could probs do it with enough paper thrown at the issue (both hardly more paper than the Soviets really).

I LOVE having new content and I do love CRs but for me, CW DDs should be first, not to mention RM DDs...

Airstrike I'll wait and see, it would not surprise me if it doesn't survive testing.

It's such a gimmick that for it to be useful it would need to be strong and that for 'balance' the ships would arguably need to be quite average...

So basically play average ships for the gimmick or the ships are too strong because of it...

But it could also end up just being pointless.

If you have a 10-12km range, beyond T7, it's basically redundant and prior to that only situationally useful.

I'm not opposed to it but I would say there will be some backlash from those who don't like CV interactions.

Sign in to follow this