Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Andy_Siau

Should I grind British CV line?

3 comments in this topic

[IMS]
106 posts
8,888 battles

Onto the "Naval Aviation" collection now that will eventually reward the "Wings of the Crown" permanent camo for CV Implacable
Still deciding whether to grind American CV or British CV line next.
Note: already completed Japanese CV line some time ago.

[151ST]
3,466 posts
11,700 battles

I have all the CV lines except USN (will get to it at some point, no rush as I test them on PTS regularly).

I would say don't do RN.

Implacable is probably one of the worst CVs in the game, particularly tier for tier.

Audacious is ok-ish if you know what you are doing but all the others are more reliable IMO.

IMO the issue with RN CVs is that for reliable damage numbers you need to get fires and floods, both of which are RNG. I also might add that their damage is 100% healable meaning it's 'trash' damage compared to other types.

Normally for ships overly reliant on fire damage, they are balanced with that in mind and will subsequently have high average damage numbers but comparable win rate (Conqueror is probably the best example).

For RN CVs that simply isn't the case with damage numbers comparable to others...

Many folks may talk about plane speed or HP, but IMO it's RN CVs reliance on RNG damage that's the issue. (As slow planes and high HP are arguably a 'feature').

Having said all that, Hermes (4) and Furious (6) aren't terrible but no T4-T6 CVs are.

In conclusion, play RN CVs if you want to but I would recommend playing all the other CV lines first, you will do better and probably enjoy them more.

USN CVs are solid at most tiers, if you want to play them, go for it.

Edited by S4pp3R
  • Cool 1

[IMS]
106 posts
8,888 battles
1 hour ago, S4pp3R said:

I have all the CV lines except USN (will get to it at some point, no rush as I test them on PTS regularly).

I would say don't do RN.

Implacable is probably one of the worst CVs in the game, particularly tier for tier.

Audacious is ok-ish if you know what you are doing but all the others are more reliable IMO.

IMO the issue with RN CVs is that for reliable damage numbers you need to get fires and floods, both of which are RNG. I also might add that their damage is 100% healable meaning it's 'trash' damage compared to other types.

Normally for ships overly reliant on fire damage, they are balanced with that in mind and will subsequently have high average damage numbers but comparable win rate (Conqueror is probably the best example).

For RN CVs that simply isn't the case with damage numbers comparable to others...

Many folks may talk about plane speed or HP, but IMO it's RN CVs reliance on RNG damage that's the issue. (As slow planes and high HP are arguably a 'feature').

Having said all that, Hermes (4) and Furious (6) aren't terrible but no T4-T6 CVs are.

In conclusion, play RN CVs if you want to but I would recommend playing all the other CV lines first, you will do better and probably enjoy them more.

USN CVs are solid at most tiers, if you want to play them, go for it.

Noted!
Ok American CV line next

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this