You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Crazy_Harry

Evaluation Email

10 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
35 posts
3,439 battles

I received an evaluation email/survey from WG and decided to fill it out :)

1 of the questions that has stuck in my head is about the usefulness of individual tactics and/or team tactics....I must admit I had a quiet chuckle about how to respond.

On this server approx95% of the 1k battles I have played in random there is 'only' individual tactics and any team tactics is 'usually' a lemming train lmao.

The biggest issue I have is I have no idea if any of my 'teammates' in a random battle are able to understand english/australian. It is impossible to say just from reading the player names especially when the name is their home phone number.

I have given up trying to talk to any players on my side and just do my own thing and hopefully blow some s**t up :) For my gameplay this has become like WOT already ( which I haven't played in the last month ) and I'll keep my eyes open for a game that not only I like but one I can at least troll/chat with the players on my side of the battle.

Just my random/semi-directed thought for today :)

Refrain from using red text colour in post. That colour is reserved for use by moderators and staff, as stated in the rules. User warned, red text color changed in users post.

/AALG

Moderation team, WoWS Asia

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

Funnily enough, I've noticed that if I took the effort to call out directions at the start of a match, or call targets, address players the best I could, some people are actually genuinely willing to respond - even if its English. I presume most players come in without expecting any orders and looking to fight individual ship actions to the best of their ability - but even rudimentary attempts at coordination (I.E. the Fire at This Target hotkey) pays off pretty well. It helps to stick around after death too - a lot of players get tunnelvisioned easily, but a dead player calling out enemy ship movements can help improve situational awareness.

Of course, the matches where I can't be bothered (and no one else either) generally ends up with us running around like headless chickens, but really, really oddly enough, still getting into formation.

EDIT: P.S. Don't use red text - its reserved for moderation purposes.

Edited by Syanda

Beta Tester
35 posts
3,439 battles

I apologise for using red but as I have been colour blind since birth your red ( depending on the time of day and lighting ) looks like a dark green to me.

Also your warning and changing the colour of the highlighted text has completely changed and killed any possible responses to a thought provoking topic.

To build a 'community' you have to allow freedom of expression and colour. If you don't you stop the community from growing, developing and reaching the best of itself and members.

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

I apologise for using red but as I have been colour blind since birth your red ( depending on the time of day and lighting ) looks like a dark green to me.

Bolding the Text is more Reasonable for those who have Colour blinded, and yourself can't see the red right

and believe me, most active member of this forum will response even the most tiny Provoking Topic

[PANZA]
Senior Moderator
820 posts
932 battles

Also your warning and changing the colour of the highlighted text has completely changed and killed any possible responses to a thought provoking topic.

To build a 'community' you have to allow freedom of expression and colour. If you don't you stop the community from growing, developing and reaching the best of itself and members.

It's part of the rules and has been from the start. You did read the rules when you signed up, didnt you ? If not, your own fault. If you did read the rules, its still your own fault that you used red text. Has nothing to do with freedom of expression, nor with violation of your alledged freedom of expression and speech. 

Freedom of expression and freedom of speech in any community, online as well as in the real world, is governed by rules.  Ensuring everybody participating in the community follows the rules is how you build a community.

Ignorance of the rules, doesn't give you a "get out of jail free" card (unless you are playing Monopoly<tm>), no matter what the reason used to claim ignorance (colourblindness, I was away the day the rules was posted, My brother did it, etc, etc).

For your convenience the link to the forum rules : http://forum.worldofwarships.asia/index.php?/forum-23/announcement-4-world-of-warships-forum-rules/

The rule specifying who can and cant use red text on the forums  is 4.4.

/AALG

Moderation team, WoWS Asia

Beta Tester
35 posts
3,439 battles

wow it almost sounds like you have taken what I said as a personal insult.........[content removed]

Insults towards Mod/GM/Admin. Post edited, user sanctioned.

~amade

Edited by amade

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

I don't see how somehow changing the colour from red to something else somehow kills the topic and stifles discussion. You could have just bolded it. Maybe even added some underlines! Or maybe even added italics for more emphasis!!! You got a routine warning for violating the written forum rules which you explicitly consented to follow by signing up and posting. Mods are players as well as rule enforcers - when they're posting in normal blacktext, you can be free to disagree with them. But when the red text comes out - that's them speaking in their moderator voice to highlight that rules are being broken, or look to be broken soon, which necessitates their intervention. Responding with personal attacks because you're annoyed at being written up isn't very mature.

Edited by Syanda

[ADM_L]
Beta Tester
279 posts
895 battles

I lol'ed.

For a person talking about teamwork, you sure don't follow the decisions of the crowd (aka what teamwork is all about in a pubbie game), or the instructions of authority (aka what teamwork is in a leader-led game, also know as 'clan wars')

Edited by DaNoob

Beta Tester
2,718 posts
1,988 battles

wow it almost sounds like you have taken what I said as a personal insult.........[content removed]

Insults towards Mod/GM/Admin. Post edited, user sanctioned.

~amade

What a Complete _____ :trollface:

You don't mess with Moderators - Ban Hammer Incoming!