Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
kishir0

Just an idea: Ohka Squadron for IJN Carriers

13 comments in this topic

[TF-16]
Beta Tester
6 posts
1,423 battles

Though I still haven't played CVs, I'm just wondering...would it be a good idea to add an Ohka squadron to IJN Carriers? Ohka squadrons are basically Kamikaze planes but with no guns, just loads of fuel and explosives. They're the guided missiles of WW2....with a pilot inside.

I imagine them to attack like dive bombers and sting like a torp but their hitting chance would be like that of dive bombers but just a little bit accurate because of the pilots. I thought it would be OP at first because of the damage they will give but thinking again, they're just OP if they hit... if they miss, they're just a total waste of planes.

Also would it be a good idea to add a "Kamikaze attack" option to the Japanese planes once they're out of payload? You know just for desperate situations. Like for example when someone sneaks up on a Jap CV and that CV realizes she's in a real pinch or when the CV is the only ship left in the game and everybody's trying to sink her. I thought of this idea while playing a DD earlier. I often chase carriers around. The carriers would send bombers at me and they miss most of the time and after that the planes would just fly around then eventually return to the carrier and I'll be like "Good thing they can't go kamikaze..."

For me this would make IJN Carriers more Japanese-like in gameplay.
...what do you think?

Beta Tester
114 posts
2,025 battles

It'll be bad.

Not only is it going to be pretty game-breaking its going to also piss off a large group of people for a variety of reasons (sensitive topics).

WG also said no already. :hiding:

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

Real Captains ram with their ships, not their planes!

Real (IJN) Pilot Ram with Their Planes, not their mothership
Edited by Harpoon01

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

No, coz you're not WG.
If you gonna implement it, be ready for any backfires, oppositions, & AA defense.

Fixed

Alpha Tester
71 posts
502 battles

Fixed

Actually I don't think he was talking about the specifics of AA defence in this case. It was more about the issue of implementing suicide weapons and the social backlash that would go with that.

DanJar

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

Actually I don't think he was talking about the specifics of AA defence in this case. It was more about the issue of implementing suicide weapons and the social backlash that would go with that.

DanJar

Yeah, I knew that. Just adding For Funnier Metaphor

Beta Tester
320 posts
29 battles

Cool, so the Germans will get Mistel and the Fritz X and Hs293 glide bombs then.

DanJar

Please dont add anything about suicide or rocket bomb, because it happen with Littorio-chan

582154c6491380ce4592130d7ca257c8.jpg

Alpha Tester
1,063 posts
531 battles

IJN bombers are already sort of kamikaze planes if the CV player knows what he is doing, guess I won't spoil too much so that is the only tip you are getting from me.

Beta Tester
8 posts
363 battles

Ohka's were unable to take off by themselves.  They had to be carried to the target area.  The planes that carried the Ohka's were not typically carried on aircraft carriers, being land based (Mitsubishi G4M "Betty").  So you won't be getting them on carriers.

Sign in to follow this