You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Serene_Potato

Can someone please explain how the Japanese carriers are not OP

28 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
99 posts
345 battles

undeniable evidence that these jap CVs are ruining the game.

There should be no more than 1 jap CV per game.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4S-IdLERChudVEyZkV3TWpHTjg/view?usp=sharing

Holeee [content removed]

Profanity. Post edited, user warned.

~amade

Edited by amade

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

ERASE that F*** thing!!!! 

Holeee .........

Edited by Harpoon01

Beta Tester
2,718 posts
1,988 battles

Holeee [content removed]

*Ban Hammer Incoming*

Quote updated.

~amade

Edit: Told yach :trollface:

Edited by Alvin1020

Beta Tester
404 posts
1,148 battles

IJN CV has 3 squad of torpedo bomber,

but they trade their fighter for this

yes it's really hard to evade their torpedo

but it's no doubt that they cannot stand against US CV fighters' attack

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

IJN CV has 3 squad of torpedo bomber,

but they trade their fighter for this

yes it's really hard to evade their torpedo

but it's no doubt that they cannot stand against US CV fighters' attack

They Didn't pay us (USN CV) enough for taking down planes

Beta Tester
141 posts
17 battles

not nearly enough.

the amount of effort it takes to hard counter enemy planes is not really proportional to the credit gain.

exp is on first win, so it's not actually 3k.

BxBKcY1.jpg

Beta Tester
2,718 posts
1,988 battles

SSSSSSSSSSSSSStuff

Agreed. In the current meta the reward for USN CV Being a Teamplayer protecting allies is just not worth it when you can roll your IJN CV out and Torpedo bomb the hell out of BBs :B

Beta Tester
141 posts
17 battles

Some pain points I have with the introduction of the IJN CVs.

1) IJN CVs service squadrons faster (because they have less planes).

2) IJN CVs have more loadout variety (making them more flexible).

The disadvantages of IJN CVs that I see:

1) They have less planes per squadron, making them weak individually. (can be countered by their superior numbers)

2) They have weaker fighters (not really, since they pack more damage, but less loadout in exchange for slightly higher hitpoints. it fits perfectly with the blitz/burst attack style of the IJN since they service faster anyway.)

Beta Tester
141 posts
17 battles

Agreed. In the current meta the reward for USN CV Being a Teamplayer protecting allies is just not worth it when you can roll your IJN CV out and Torpedo bomb the hell out of BBs :B

that's also IF you get the perfect matchup of being versus an equal or lower tier IJN CV playing full bomber loadout.

a higher tier IJN CV can still rekt your planes hard with his upgraded fighters.

don't even get me started on meeting an equal/higher tier USN CV in battle.

If they load bombers, you have a fighting chance, but if they load fighters, you can pretty much just leave your planes in CAS the whole game.

Beta Tester
2,718 posts
1,988 battles

IJN CV vs USN CV always end up with turkey shoot, but IJN CV + air superiority build USN CV are good combination.

Except Matchmaker decided to give you stuff like this. Yes I am still very angry.

Notice the amount of planes the Essex shot down. My Hiryu Suicided BTW.

CPmDN0D.jpg

Edited by Alvin1020

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

Now I can Sense 4 Squad of TB or DB in near future (Taihou and Hakuryuu)

Edited by Harpoon01

Beta Tester
141 posts
17 battles

Except Matchmaker decided to give you stuff like this. Yes I am still very angry.

Notice the amount of planes the Essex shot down. My Hiryu Suicided BTW.

I was playing my stock Mutsuki yesterday and i kept getting matches versus higher tier DDs because of broken Divisions MM.

Imagine 2 Mutsuki versus 4 Hatsuharu (2 in Div).

Or 1 Mutsuki versus Benson (lol 100% rekt)

IJN CV vs USN CV always end up with turkey shoot, but IJN CV + air superiority build USN CV are good combination.

it's really too bad you can't 2-man CV Div any more.

Instead, you have to roll the dice and pray you don't get some retarded full-bomber USN CV.

"Best" game I had was as Ranger with Lex ally versus an Essex.

Lex brought full bombers.

Essex brought fighters.

I facepalmed so hard...

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

"Best" game I had was as Ranger with Lex ally versus an Essex.

Lex brought full bombers.

Essex brought fighters.

I facepalmed so hard...

It because USN player start to deliberately use Full Bomber for Higher EXP

Beta Tester
141 posts
17 battles

It because USN player start to deliberately use Full Bomber for Higher EXP

you don't get high exp when you're getting rekt by air superiority CVs.

heck, even IJN CVs can rekt your planes if you're on full bomber loadout.

Beta Tester
2,040 posts
1,326 battles

The concept of National CV difference seems nice, but unfortunately it doesn't apply well.

- IJN CV gets more bomber AND shorter service time. I think they should get only one of these.

- USN CV gets more Fighters, but unfortunately it's really unrewarding shooting down planes so not many people are interested in doing it.

- IJN CV gets less planes per squad, but that and more squads means you are able to deliver more accurate torpedo strikes (bad balance).

- USN CV Air Superiority loadout only have real use if there's a Carrier on enemy team, else you are stuck with low number of Dive Bombers that don't really contribute much to the battle.

- Matchmaker randomness, the case of player and teamwork skill between CV only work if MM actually put balance between Fighter and Bombers in both teams. If both CV on your team get Bomber loadout while the enemy went full Fighter, then GG.

I suggest reducing the variation between loadouts, such as not allowing full bomber loadout on any CV (forcing them to have atleast 1 Fighter squad) as well as reducing number of active aircrafts on air at once (to compensate, we may lower service time, mainly on USN CV).

EDIT: To easily visualize what I mean, it's basically reducing the "Alpha Strike Damage" but "Increasing Attack Frequency" of Carriers.

From Carrier perspective, it means you have to manage more but less waiting between each strike. This makes CV playing more active.

From Surface ship perspective, you have more chance to defend yourself because each strike don't hit as hard while you get more effective AA Firing time to further lessen CV dominance.

Edited by Gezeiten_Heimatwelt

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

so far i enjoy playing USN CV since they added IJN CV. my only problem is most of my allies don't know how to flank the enemies, we always get outflank and the enemy always kill the cv players.

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

even IJN CVs can rekt your planes if you're on full bomber loadout.

They (IJN CV) can still do massive damage to your team

Edited by Harpoon01

Beta Tester
141 posts
17 battles

They (IJN CV) can still do massive damage to your team

and of course there's that.

because IJN CV's don't need to compromise air cover for attack planes with their 2/2/2 loadout option.

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

IJN CV are scary, with out air cover even USN bb stand no chance against them. i experience an endless onslaught from them on my tier 6 USN BB, i manage to survive the first few waves of attack until i finally succumb to their air power.  

Beta Tester
141 posts
17 battles

Yet another thread where people have no idea what do do in a CV.

less the fact that CV's are unbalanced and more the fact that WG is trying to pigeonhole CV players into specific roles, rather than letting us customise our own loadouts as much as other aspects of the game allow.

A good example from tanks would be choosing the 75mm or the 105mm in the PZIV. Almost totally different playstyles and player-specific skill requirements.

Right now, what we're seeing is USN CV = Air Superiority and IJN CV = Bomb everything.

Alpha Tester
1,063 posts
509 battles

IJN CV's do not need to always to be bomber moduled to excel, this also applies to a USN carrier.

If you think other wise, I challenge you to use Shokaku with the hybrid module equipped and try to break my Hall of Fame record.

Also if you think I only support IJN carriers, I again challenge you to use Essex and have more than 100 plane takedowns in one match.

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

IJN CV's do not need to always to be bomber moduled to excel, this also applies to a USN carrier.

If you think other wise, I challenge you to use Shokaku with the hybrid module equipped and try to break my Hall of Fame record.

Also if you think I only support IJN carriers, I again challenge you to use Essex and have more than 100 plane takedowns in one match.

Ah, USN Bomber loadout is bullshit, now it took a half of the game to sink a Full health BB (except you facing an AFK)

Single USN TB no longger able to score 6 hit against just-about-to-turn BB (even worse with sharp turning and powerful AA USN BB)

Even if you have good record for taking down hundreds of planes, no one willingfully accept your challenge with the current Trolling reward from taking down planes .

Alpha Tester
1,063 posts
509 battles

Ah, USN Bomber loadout is bullshit, now it took a half of the game to sink a Full health BB (except you facing an AFK)

Single USN TB no longger able to score 6 hit against just-about-to-turn BB (even worse with sharp turning and powerful AA USN BB)

Even if you have good record for taking down hundreds of planes, no one willingfully accept your challenge with the current Trolling reward from taking down planes .

If you are not willing to test what I and a few others have tested and is willing to spout useless data to ruin the CV balance so be it.

I will not care either way as adapting playstyles is just part of the game.