Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Fendalton

Suggestion: Selectable server

12 comments in this topic

Alpha Tester
416 posts
17 battles

Hi there,

As the game is in development, it would be nice if you could attempt to implement server roaming in World of Warships. Playing on _SG and _NA without needing different accounts would be awesome.

Or at least have a paid transfer avaliable like World of Warcraft does.

Kind Regards,

[CLAY]
Alpha Tester
950 posts
5,652 battles

not to mention us night workers who line up better with NA's CW as I'm off to work for ASIA server CW. mined you I have a NA WoWp account that would let me do that

Alpha Tester
878 posts
151 battles

Hi there,

As the game is in development, it would be nice if you could attempt to implement server roaming in World of Warships. Playing on _SG and _NA without needing different accounts would be awesome.

Kind Regards,

Yes this would be awesome since 1. I regret moving to SEA 2. I might move to Europe someday so it would be nice to be able to just switch over without any mumbo jumbo.

[PANZA]
Senior Moderator
820 posts
932 battles

Hi there,

Kind Regards,

Which would mean no Unified Account, and thus any gold and Free XP can't be shared across games, if it was implemented only for WoWS.

The Account roaming that is being developed and tested on WoT, is not just a WoT specific function. It relates to the Unified Account system allowing you to share gold and Free XP across the WG World Of Tanks/Warplanes/Warships games.

So Server Roaming will come for all games at the same time. People tend to think it is simple to make such a thing because "<insert other online games ranging from Eve over WoW via LoL to Online Tic-tac-toe> does it", but they don't have the complexity of having to be able to support it on multiple games with shared ressources. The client in itself, is allready able to support connecting to multiple servers. It is the underlaying framework, in managing the accounts across multiple games and multiple servers, that needs to be fully developed, tested and made both as foolproof as well as errorproof as possible..

So I doubt you will see that happening in WoWS untill the global server roaming system is done, just like you won't see it in WoT or WoWP untill such time,

[CLAY]
Alpha Tester
950 posts
5,652 battles

woohoo.....glad to hear it is coming, have free XP and gold in WoWp that I would like to use over here on WoWs and WoT. At least I know now that it will not go to waste.

thanks for the heads up AALG

[PANZA]
Senior Moderator
820 posts
932 battles

woohoo.....glad to hear it is coming, have free XP and gold in WoWp that I would like to use over here on WoWs and WoT. At least I know now that it will not go to waste.

thanks for the heads up AALG

It will come, but no timeframe for it. Server roaming that is. Unified account is allready implemented. Unified account means that any gold you have and any free xp you have on your account, can be used in WoT as well as WoWP as you see fit. Same with WoWS upon release. 

[CLAY]
Alpha Tester
950 posts
5,652 battles

It will come, but no timeframe for it. Server roaming that is. Unified account is allready implemented. Unified account means that any gold you have and any free xp you have on your account, can be used in WoT as well as WoWP as you see fit. Same with WoWS upon release.

well not so much WoWp as there is not a ASIA server for WoWp. I'm still a bit dirty about an event were I made 5000 gold for my WoT account by playing an event in WoWp (while in OBT). end story was no gold for us ASIA players as I had transfer here and it was NA event and will not be given to ASIA WOT account (old NA account was blocked after transfer). not a happy camper. :angry:

Sign in to follow this