You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Vito_Andolini_Corleone

when'll WOWS support SLI?

9 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
2 posts
94 battles

nVidia just popped the compatibility bits of WOT onto WoWs with the 352.xx driver release. Does not work and worst of all creates massive artifacting due to overheating. On my system with two 780Ti and triple screen I end up tabbing in and out of port to be able to do shit before my GPU melts through the PCB. I am serious. I stopped it at 87 degrees with fans squeeling like no tomorrow. GPU load on both cards around 99% CONSTANTLY!. Disastrous. In game it is actually ok believe it or not. As long as you set sail quickly you will be fine.

And please folks don't come with this 'dust your case' 'check your airflow' - HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH IT.

Quintessence is this: We will not see a proper SLI profile during BETA. nVidia NEVER EVER releases proper profiles and driver support for unreleased titles. Period.

Let's hope OBT will be short.

[PBKAC]
Alpha Tester
207 posts
1,259 battles

nVidia just popped the compatibility bits of WOT onto WoWs with the 352.xx driver release. Does not work and worst of all creates massive artifacting due to overheating. On my system with two 780Ti and triple screen I end up tabbing in and out of port to be able to do shit before my GPU melts through the PCB. I am serious. I stopped it at 87 degrees with fans squeeling like no tomorrow. GPU load on both cards around 99% CONSTANTLY!. Disastrous. In game it is actually ok believe it or not. As long as you set sail quickly you will be fine.

And please folks don't come with this 'dust your case' 'check your airflow' - HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH IT.

Quintessence is this: We will not see a proper SLI profile during BETA. nVidia NEVER EVER releases proper profiles and driver support for unreleased titles. Period.

Yeah, I think we're a ways away from it brudda.

Which sucks.

Beta Tester
141 posts
17 battles

use adaptive Vsync to limit the frame-rates that it's churning out.

or turn on frame rate targets using a tuning tool like EVGA Precision/MSI Afterburner

the Port GUI refreshes waaaaay faster than anything else due to the low complexity.

you could also try using the in-game setting of "lower GUI refresh rate" and see if that helps.