You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Death1981

Sunk by 1 torpedo from 100% health in BB

56 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
36 posts
1,887 battles

So was wondering has this happened to anyone else in there BB? I had never seen it before until now. I was playing a map in my Battleship and I get attacked by torpedo bombers, 1 torpedo hits my ship I go from 100% to 0 health and sink. Is it working as intended that there is a lucky chance of this happening or a bug?

ST Coordinator
2,325 posts
2,196 battles

Magazine/Powder room exploded == instant DEATH.

Or bad damage control crew (LOL TAIHOU) and you capsized :P

Beta Tester
36 posts
1,887 battles

The torp that hit me was from the left part of the stern. It came in at an angle and hit the aft section just on the side. It looked like it hit the back left side of the rudder/propeller which I thought would of jammed my rudder rather then an explosion, maybe it hit a bit further up. I can't explain the exact spot it hit just the area. Anyway at least I know its intended to happen sometimes.

Beta Tester
141 posts

I saw someone in a Fusou get one-shot by a torpedo the other night.

He was standing still and the destroyer in front of me fired a few torpedoes.  The guy started to move, but was hit by one torpedo on the broadside.

In this case, the guy had full health and it killed him.  It was a broadside hit pretty much right in the middle.

It seems a bit buggy if you ask me.

Senior Moderator
3,837 posts
2,602 battles

You can tell if your magazine was destroyed. Suffering a magazine detonation will give you the detonation achievement, and 10 Juliet Charlie flags (if it's the first detonation of the day and your account is at least level 7).

Beta Tester
141 posts
17 battles

You can tell if your magazine was destroyed. Suffering a magazine detonation will give you the detonation achievement, and 10 Juliet Charlie flags (if it's the first detonation of the day and your account is at least level 7).

worst way to get flags, IMHO.

i got a mag det right after updating to the current client.

Was rolling around in my Omaha when some lucky Cleveland hits a few shells and suddenly, i'm in grey-world zone :|

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

worst way to get flags, IMHO.

i got a mag det right after updating to the current client.

Was rolling around in my Omaha when some lucky Cleveland hits a few shells and suddenly, i'm in grey-world zone :|

I Rarely get any mag Det (I play CV mostly and I don't have Magazine storage (except they put Torpedo and Bomb Storage in our CV))

[-FOG-]
Alpha Tester
39 posts
1,438 battles

ppl r still questioning if torps r op...

But again when is someone gonna point out tat BB r jus useless chunk of metals shooting from far?

Beta Tester
141 posts
17 battles

ppl r still questioning if torps r op...

But again when is someone gonna point out tat BB r jus useless chunk of metals shooting from far?

BB are just useless chunks of metal shooting from far.

Give us submarines instead! :trollface:

Beta Tester
1,422 posts
38 battles

if sub appear ( U-boat) then all other class ship are huge pile of junk :trollface:

(well maybe expect for DD but how can a DD hit a sub anyway lol)

Edited by CrimsonGabri

Beta Tester
141 posts
17 battles

if sub appear ( U-boat) then all other class ship are huge pile of junk :trollface:

(well maybe expect for DD but how can a DD hit a sub anyway lol)

add a secondary weapon = Depth Charges :D

Looks like that cold hard torp penetrated to your shipgirl's rack.

Badum-tss

and she cried out, "Ahhhh~ i'm explodingggg~!" :teethhappy:

Beta Tester
6 posts
759 battles

You guy need to remember in real world torpedo damage saw massive battleships downed by one torpedo. While others took heaps of hits from torpedoes.

Anyone who played Navy Field know only too well torpedoes can be a pain or a laugh.

Beta Tester
6 posts
759 battles

You guy need to remember in real world torpedo damage saw massive battleships downed by one torpedo. While others took heaps of hits from torpedoes.

Anyone who played Navy Field know only too well torpedoes can be a pain or a laugh.

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

Kitakami in NF is a pain (DAT freaking range), while in this game is a laugh

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

Real world torpedo damage also saw ships survive multiple torpedo hits, or require stupendous amounts of hits to kill them. It's a matter of luck and damage control in the end. Though if anything, torpedoes are a lot less damaging in-game than in the real world, and that's frankly a good thing.

Beta Tester
3 posts
106 battles

I took a torpedo to the magazine in my Wyoming. Was hit about 1/5th of the way down from the nose on the starboard side at about a 25 degree angle. Game over.

[SMOKE]
Super Tester
274 posts

I'm just really surprised how cool people are treating this. Someone explain to me just how is this considered good game design regardless of context, and in context completely contrary to the concept WG is pushing for BBs. Saying this could happen in reality is just bullshit. If so, there are plenty of things that should be made realistic over gameplay considerations.